EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default problem with maintained window after camping

ive got a strange problem: whenever i /camp to another char or /quit to charselect to log another char in, the maintained window doesnt show the "additional info" anymore (reactives triggers, ward amount).

the only way to get them back seems to be to completely restart the eq2 client.

is there any command to maybe force the game to reload this specific window or something that might fix that?
Unread 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

*Shivers saying it*

Try doing a /loadui and selecting Fetish when you see it happeneing, that should hopefully repopulate all the data.
Unread 12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
A Weald Wolf

idea is in theory good. the sad thing is that EQ2 ALWAYS crashes when using loadui... at everyone ive talked to, doesnt work anywhere :/
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:10 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

does closing the window and opening back up have any effect?

the dynamic data does strange things with onshow commands and maybe that is what is catching you here after initial load.

maybe you could try forcing the window to reload by removing and adding some maintained buffs while the window is closed and then open it.

the FetishNightFall maintained window is using the bit flag 0x0001 for DynamicData which means it is refreshing on visible/not visible if I understand those flags correctly.

the volume fill stuff is triggering the data you are missing, so it would seem that when an icon goes away and then comes back, the necessary data should be populated. But this may be getting messed up by the fact that they ARE already visible when you switch toons. Fetish zoning is vastly different than the default and that may be confusing the code for the maintained window.

I don't use that feature, but I will load it up this evening and kick the tires a bit. I suspect it is just the magic of DynamicData loading and our access to event commands such as OnShow/OnHide that are conflicting in this situation. An OnHover is usually a good fix for this as you would see in the GroupMembers window where class types are not shown until you hover over the window for the first time and they don't update for new/changed members until you hover again.

Good luck.

Last edited by keezyrick : 12-17-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: typos
Unread 12-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Uh oh, lordebon turned to the dark side and suggests usage of the /loadui command. Beware.
I feel... dirty.
Unread 12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

This issue is due to a SOE bug introduced with TSO and has been reported to their developers. I will likely be issuing replacements for this window in 2 layouts. The default will include the extra info and an optional file will be included for those that prefer the Icon Only layout.

For those that care about the technical details...

Apparently some windows including the Maintained window are no-longer properly triggering the titlebar OnShow and OnHide events, which I've used in this case to trigger the larger layout. Tests I've performed show that manually hiding/showing the titlebar via script does trigger the events, but for whatever reason hide/show titlebar via Window Settings is not.

Window Settings for Titlebar visibility are often used as a layout trigger since its one of the few preferences that are saved to a character's settings file that can trigger scripts. With this busted, the only options I have are to issue separate files for each layout or to require users to click a layout button each time they log in. I assume the former option is preferred.
Unread 12-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

You sure Zonx? I just test the maintain window with a WC_Titlebar page and a LeftGrouper page in WindowFrame tree and toggling the title bar on and off from window settings in game and it fired the OnShow and OnHide script in the WC_Titlebar and LeftGrouper object.

I had it set Volume.Visible=Visible for the script and it would toggle the Volume page with the title bar.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-17-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Unread 12-18-2008, 03:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Rothgar fixed that bug for GU51.

The bug is not with the events but with elements like WC_Titlebar not being shown/hidden via the window settings if their visibility is set to false in the XML. http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11831
Unread 12-18-2008, 08:52 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Haven't messed with it since GU51, I'll have to revert my current maintained to test it again. If it still doesn't work, I'll mess with the visibility setting.

The version I'm using ATM has the window perma set to the larger layout and I'm not seeing any issues with the additional info.
Unread 12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

GU51 is the upcoming GU, due in January. So currently this should still be broken.
Unread 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Every one that uses WC_X should update their UI to the current scheme so this don't happen agin IMO.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-18-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Unread 12-18-2008, 11:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No. Waste of memory for nothing.
Unread 12-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

It's not more then using WC_X really. You have at most one extra object that may take up a couple of K in memory if that much. Not much a trade off for keeping it bug free IMO.

Last edited by Landiin : 12-18-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Unread 12-18-2008, 11:35 AM
A Weald Wolf

hm.. im pretty sure i was having this very issue since all through-out RoK

also in the maintained window: should selecting "borders+titlebar" be setting the window in the this mode where it would show spellname,target etc right next to the icons aligned vertically? because in those cases where i dont see the dyndate displayed, this mode-change also doesnt work.

and by the way, personally i would be totally fine having a command to use ingame that would 'fix' the window if thats possible until SoE fixes this. maybe this command would then also work when put into the eq2.ini, where ive also put my "load_keymaps xy" which perfectly fixes the 3 year old bug for the keyboard mappings when playing on a localized server

and hiding reopening the window, while canceling/casting buffs in between doesnt fix this sadly.

just wanted lo leave a big THANKS for all the suggestions so far
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

For the time being, I think the following will work but I'll have to double-check it in-game.

Make sure maintained window settings are set to Frame+Titlebar...

then enter the following command in the chat window (caps matter).

Code:
/show_window MainHUD.Maintained.WC_Titlebar
Might want to macro this. You'll need to issue this command each time you log or swap toons and the window may reset mid-game.

Still haven't confirmed the folowing works but you might also try opening eq2ui_mainhud_maintined.xml in Notepad. Search for name="WC_Titlebar" and on that same line of code change

Visible="false"
to
Visible="true"
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yep gm9, that's what I thought. The fix is not in-game yet. For a sec there you made me think Rothgar slipped this fix in with Frostfell.

And I wasn't saying the issue was with the events themselves, as I said... my tests showed the events fire just fine when the titlebar is manually shown/hidden.

When I PMed Rothgar regarding this bug in Nov, he told me pretty much the same thing... will fix it in the next LU.
Unread 12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, sorry, have to admit my post was easily misunderstood. The strange thing about the bug is that it had been fixed with the last update pushed to the TSO beta server, but somehow that never made it live.
Unread 12-25-2008, 04:48 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
For the time being, I think the following will work but I'll have to double-check it in-game.

Make sure maintained window settings are set to Frame+Titlebar...

then enter the following command in the chat window (caps matter).

Code:
Might want to macro this. You'll need to issue this command each time you log or swap toons and the window may reset mid-game.

Still haven't confirmed the folowing works but you might also try opening eq2ui_mainhud_maintined.xml in Notepad. Search for name="WC_Titlebar" and on that same line of code change

Visible="false"
to
Visible="true"
tried the /show_window stuff. i guess that does what its supposed to do: setting the window to frame+title, nothing changes. after issueing your command the window goes into its "big"-mode, showing 1 spell per line with details next to it.

what i was originally after was the window-setting "frame only", the compact window, showing wardamount/reactives right below remaining duration overlaying the spell icon. is there another show_window-trick to get this window-mode back to work?

thanks so far!
Unread 01-07-2009, 06:35 AM
A Weald Wolf

*bump*

dont mean to be rude or nything
Unread 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

then
/hide_window MainHUD.Maintained.WC_Titlebar

But if its not in the big mode, it should be in the compact mode by default. There isn't a 3rd mode.

The trigger count display is a little buggy and occasionally doesn't show for a specific spell slot but is almost always fixed by clearing that slot to empty.