EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 12-03-2004, 04:41 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default Classic Experience Bar with Zone, Class & Lvl, %XP, and %Death Debt

This is a Modified Version of my Both XP Bar Mod. For those that wanted all the information such as Class & Level, Current Zone, % into Level, and % Death Debt. But did not want both bars showing all the time. This Mod works the same as the Default UI's Experience Bar does, if you right click on it, you can switch between the Combat XP or Tradeskill XP.

NOTE: At this time There is no % into Level, and % Death Debt when the Experience Bar is set to the Tradeskill Option. If and when I find the correct code to display this information, I will update this mod.

Last edited by Humudce : 12-03-2004 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:21 PM
A Griffon

I am looking at the Tablets II Beta 3 UI to see how the Decimal Point is working so I can modify my Bars accordingly
Unread 12-10-2004, 06:08 AM
A Griffon

Thanks to the Author of the Tablets II Beta 3, I have made the modifications to my file, and will be uploading a New Interface Piece that will contain the Decimal Point.

After speaking with alot of people I think that I should keep this version for those that do not want the Decimal Point.

Please look for the New Download that contains the Decimal Point, as soon as it is approved and available here.
Unread 12-12-2004, 01:37 AM
A Griffon

I have made an update that is being uploaded on the Evening of 12/11/2004. I was working on fixing and updating my other UI's and made an adjustment to the way I display the Adventure XP xxx.xx%, this update should fix the 0%.03% error you have found (many thanks to Talyns the author of Tablets II beta for showing me the way to do it), and to the Area that displays the Debt XP%. To test the UI Completely I used a character that was 124% into Level and 203% Death Debt to ensure that it will display properly. Thanks for finding that bug and one you have downloaded the new version, it should all be fixed. Please keep me informed if you all see any more bugs in this mod. I want it to be right and useful.
Thanks,
Humudce
Unread 12-12-2004, 06:54 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

Hmm, I cant seem to get it to work like the image. Where does the file get extracted to?
Unread 12-15-2004, 02:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally posted by gaarder
There is a huge bug in your mod.

The numbers after the decimal points are not real exp values, they are just readings off the blue gauge.

Since the blue gauge is the maximized version of 1/10 of the yellow gauge, its first digit will always be the same as the last digit of the reading off yellow gauge.

In other words, 12.25% in the display represents 12.5% exp
34.42% represents 34.2%.

So it seems that you can only archieve the precision of 1 decimal point instead of two. Can you fix the mod and get rid of this faulty display?
Uploading the 1 Decimal Point Precision Versions as we speak. That should fix the issues found with the 2 Decimal Point not reading accurately. New version should be available as soon as they are approved.
Unread 12-15-2004, 04:45 PM
A Griffon

Do not do these steps while EverQuest II is running.

1. Make a folder named MYMODS in your EQ2/UI Folder
2. Unzip archive to MYMODS Folder..
3. Two files should be unziped into this folder
4. Go back to your EQ2 folder
5. Open an empty Notepad and cut and paste code below into it

Code:
cl_ui_skinname MYMODS
cl_ui_subdir UI/
6. Save As EQ2.INI in your main EQ2 Folder
7. Load EQ2 and Login.. The UI Mod should appear

NOTE: You can name MYMODS folder to any name you want just replace any reference to MYMODS to your folder name. I.E. In the Instructions and Code Above. You can also add any other Mods you download to this folder, and EQ will read them also.

WARNING: At this time the /load UI command is not working as designed, please do not use this command to load this Modification.

Hope that this helps.
Unread 12-19-2004, 11:49 AM
A Griffon

By the way the Tradeskill XP% is still bugged on SoE's end. The Dynamic Data Call out does not display the correct Info.

Please see this thread for more info...
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535
Unread 12-21-2004, 11:31 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Default Combat Experience Issue

When I installed this UI, text showed up across the combat experience bar which said 'Combat Experience Disabled' even though it was not. I was unable to get rid of this text by enabling/disabling combat experience via right click.
Unread 12-23-2004, 05:29 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm156
When I installed this UI, text showed up across the combat experience bar which said 'Combat Experience Disabled' even though it was not. I was unable to get rid of this text by enabling/disabling combat experience via right click.
There is a bug I have found, not sure if it's with this UI Mod only, as I have duplicated it with other XP Bar Mods also. What I have found, is if it appears to say Combat Exp Disabled, try using the Right Click Option, and enable Combat Exp, watch your Chat Window. When you make changes to the Disable Combat Exp it sends a message also to the Chat Window. Once you see the message "Combat Exp Enabled" in the Chat Window try zoning, to another zone to see if it clears the Combat Exp Disabled message.

If that does not work, can you give me more info about your system, i.e. Video Card, Driver Version, the resolution the game is running in, and if in Full Screen or Windowed Mode, so that I can troubleshoot this issue further.

Thanks.
Unread 12-23-2004, 05:44 AM
a hedgehog
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nagafen

sounds like he may have used /loadui
________
Kartess

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Unread 01-06-2005, 05:26 PM
A Griffon

Default New issues after the Big Patch

Quote:
Originally posted by elderleaf
After the patch on 01/06/05 the debt no longer works properly, it is always a neg number equal to the whole number percentage of your xp.
I know this is an issue now. I saw the problem on Test Server, and since it's a change on the Server Side and not the Client Side, I am not sure how I am going to be able to fix this issue. SoE Changed the code on the server to more accurately display the actual Death Debt you have. To do this they have made the Death Debt follow your Adventure XP as a Negative Number equal to your XP so that when you have 3% Death debt it shows as 3% and not your Current XP% plus the 3% as it did before.

Possible solutions to this issue are welcome, and I am aware of the situation. One possible solution I have right now is to remove the Death Debt XP from the UI Mod. What would everyone like to see? Are you all OK with the -% or should I remove the death debt completely.... I am here for all of those players using my interface, what would you all like to see? Please feedback here or on the Message Boards.
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

would it be a plausible solution to make the xp window resizable so that if you didn't wanna see the debt % you could just resize the window to cover it up? I for one like the debt, whether it's a little funky right now, I'm sure it may be cleared up a bit in the future. It's only confusing when you don't have any debt. Otherwise, it's fine :P
Unread 01-08-2005, 12:05 PM
A Griffon

I'm looking into how to make that window resizable so that you can hide it. Thank You for the suggestion.
Unread 01-21-2005, 04:29 PM
A Griffon

I have been getting some help on resizing the window from Deathbane27. I hope to have the updates uploaded soon.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 01-27-2005, 01:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Would it be possible to show the tradeskill in a perecent?
Unread 01-27-2005, 03:59 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsUnderstood
Would it be possible to show the tradeskill in a perecent?
The gamedata call out that would be used for the Tradeskill XP is still broken on SoE's end. Each element such as the Tradskill XP% must have a default text set for it. Many authors that have included the Tradeskill XP have set the default text to 218% (which is the maximum width the number should ever be). If the Gamedata call out was working right, you would never see the 218% but the actual Tradeskill XP value. But since it is still broken it displays the default text of 218%. For this reason I do not show any Tradeskill XP on my UI's at this time.

When the gamedata call out is fixed It will be very easy for me to add the Tradeskill XP% back into the UI.

I would love to show the Tradeskill XP% as much as everyone would like to see it, but showing the default number defeats the purpose of displaying it since it will never be right until it is fixed.

Unread 01-27-2005, 07:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
The gamedata call out that would be used for the Tradeskill XP is still broken on SoE's end. Each element such as the Tradskill XP% must have a default text set for it. Many authors that have included the Tradeskill XP have set the default text to 218% (which is the maximum width the number should ever be). If the Gamedata call out was working right, you would never see the 218% but the actual Tradeskill XP value. But since it is still broken it displays the default text of 218%. For this reason I do not show any Tradeskill XP on my UI's at this time.

When the gamedata call out is fixed It will be very easy for me to add the Tradeskill XP% back into the UI.

I would love to show the Tradeskill XP% as much as everyone would like to see it, but showing the default number defeats the purpose of displaying it since it will never be right until it is fixed.
Quib has figured out how to make the Tradeskill display, here is a link to that post.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1179

I smell updates in the near future....

Unread 01-27-2005, 08:20 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
I always set the default data to be a space (" ") so that until dynamicdata has loaded, you won't see anything. I use the chat while zoning mod, and when logging in, you see all the default data in a lot of the windows (exp window, player window, etc.) so I set the default data to a space so there wouldn't be ugly letter, numbers and words all over the windows until the proper data has loaded in.

I have that clumsy tradeskill exp code done up, but if authors wanted to include what SHOULD be the proper tradeskill exp numeric display and just give it a default value of " " then someday, when SOE "fixes" the problem, users would just suddenly see their TS exp in numeric form where a blank used to be.

Quib
Unread 01-27-2005, 08:27 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
I always set the default data to be a space (" ") so that until dynamicdata has loaded, you won't see anything. I use the chat while zoning mod, and when logging in, you see all the default data in a lot of the windows (exp window, player window, etc.) so I set the default data to a space so there wouldn't be ugly letter, numbers and words all over the windows until the proper data has loaded in.

I have that clumsy tradeskill exp code done up, but if authors wanted to include what SHOULD be the proper tradeskill exp numeric display and just give it a default value of " " then someday, when SOE "fixes" the problem, users would just suddenly see their TS exp in numeric form where a blank used to be.

Quib
I have an un-published version of all my windows with the code for the correct Tradeskill XP% (the one that is currently broken on SoE's end), and as I stated it display's the 218%, with your suggestion I can modify that to the " " spaces. And update, I was also considering using the Move the Mouse over the window code you put together for now, so that there will be some type of Tradeskill XP available to those who want it.

Unread 01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
Quib has figured out how to make the Tradeskill display, here is a link to that post.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1179

I smell updates in the near future....
Ok there may no need to update just yet. After looking at unpublished versions over on the test server (These versions I left the Tradeskill XP Enabled), I am happy to report that I saw a couple of my issues fixed.

1. The Death Debt no longer appears as a negative version of the positive XP, it appears as 0% as it did before the big patch.

2. The Tradeskill XP is working correctly with 1 decimal precision.

I do hope these changes on Test make it to the live servers soon. I will be posting updated versions of the UI's once I have had more time to test them, using Quib's suggestion to use blank spaces for the Tradeskill XP so if and when it goes live the UI's will be ready...

I am so happy ...

Unread 02-01-2005, 12:12 PM
A Mist Grinnin

Server: Najena

Humudce,

Are you going to integrate the new vitality stuff with your mod?

I see they fixed the exp debt.

Vampiro
Unread 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM
A Griffon

Yes I'm getting ready to upload new versions of my 4 current XP Bar Mods, all with the Classic Style (No Vitality Indicators), but with fixed Death Debt and Fixed Tradeskill XP, and Tradeskill XP Death Debt. I am working on new UI Mods that are not designed to replace these 4 UI mods but to be in addition to them. I am keeping these 4 mods as is, for those that do not want to see the Vitality on their XP Bars.

Both Bars with Decimal Point

Both Bars without Decimal Point

Single Bar with Decimal Point

Single Bar without Decimal Point

I am currently working on New Uploads with the Vitality Markers and additions these should be available for Download by 2/1/05 end of day. As these have addditional components that will need to be verified and tested. Again the Vitality versions will be new downloads and I plan on only making 2 versions and not 4 as I currently have. The new versions will be Both Bar, and Single Bar with Decimal Point XP.

Unread 02-01-2005, 03:03 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampiro
Humudce,

Are you going to integrate the new vitality stuff with your mod?

I see they fixed the exp debt.

Vampiro
Yes working on the new XP Bar Mods now....

Unread 02-07-2005, 05:19 PM
A Griffon

This mod has been updated and submitted for approval.

Updated 2/7/2005.....
Added the Vitality% to the Adventure and Tradeskill but did not add the additional graphics introduced in the 2/1/2005 Patch that supported the new XP Bars with Vitality Display.

There is a Seperate Download for the Version showing the additional Vitality Graphics.