EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 02-06-2009, 03:48 AM
A Berserk Golem

Default Map Tutorial Bad

The Map Tutorial is so bad I was not able to do anything.
Once I was managed to get the locations to log. But it had everybody's chat text with it.

Could someone upload a Tutorial that works? I had an open instance of Mystmyr Manor, but was unable to map it.
Unread 02-06-2009, 06:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If actual map makers would want to update that tutorial I wouldn't mind actually, but if you don't want to have your chat text logged (it doesn't matter if it's there or not) you simply turn off chat channels while you map, or alternatively you can maybe use the log cleaner which you can download on this site, although I haven't used that.

Also there is already an in progress version of the Manor here, although I'm not sure if that has been abandoned and unfortunately no log was posted.
Unread 02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Nektulos
Default Map making tutorial

I'll try to put together something comprehensible in the next few days and post it from my experience making maps. It's really pretty cookie-cutter-ish once you get the hang of it. The real pain is the point by point smoothing, deleting, rearranging, etc, when you're making the lines look better in inkscape. Once that hassle is out of the way, it's all cosmetic.. I use illustrator and then photoshop to make my maps after the outline is done in inkscape. The alignment is really simple too. I've had some trouble with multi-level maps, but I'm getting there.
Unread 02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Nektulos
Default new map tutorial

Ok, I went through all the steps I take when making a map and threw together a detailed tutorial of how I do it. I posted it all in a new thread in this forum. Feel free to look at it and tell me what you think :-).