EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ThorUI

Unread 09-09-2006, 04:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Becoming a psychopath!!!!!!

Faetyl, (dumb blonde question/dumb in file managment also). I love your thorui interface, used it for the past 6 months but deleted it when this last update happened and I lost it. Now I'm lost trying to reinstall it. Printed out your very nice detailed installing instructions and still cant get it back. I uninstall each time and try again. Now Im getting a IOerror 32 message. OUCH. Now, I'm uninstalled.

Please give me NO options or choices but a path as to where I should save the setup.exe file. (on the Advanced Options you show the path in D drive...doesn't take anything to confuse me). Plus I would use the auto-install but can't find it . Please be gentle but firm.

Last edited by Kait : 09-09-2006 at 04:44 PM.
Unread 09-09-2006, 05:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

If you use the Auto Install button on the download page, you can just run the setup file immediately after downloading it without needing to save it.

If you don't have the Auto Install button, it can be enabled by going to the Download UserCP link ("Menu" section, upper left corner of main page), then Preferences. On that page, you should see four different sections (My Favorites Options, Download Options, File Display Options, and File Comment Options). Download Options has the auto install controls.

Once this is done, you should be able to follow Faetyl's instructions without a problem.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 09-10-2006, 02:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks Lazaru.......now I'm working on finding the Menu section. Wish I wasn't so freakin' d#@$. I will sit here til I get Faetyl's Thorui installed. Thanks for your response.

Edited: OK I found the preference options....AND every time I change the button to YES and set the preference it goes back to the NO button. WTH is happening to me????

I really think I may be that psychopath that F talks about.
All I want is to have my interface BAAAACK.

Last edited by Kait : 09-10-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Unread 09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
A Griffon

It's not you, Kait. I also tried changing the setting in my preferences, and it is stuck on 'Yes' (meaning I can't disable the auto install option).

In any event, you don't need to use the Auto Install feature to get this installed. Just use the Download Zip File button on the download page, which should prompt you to to do one of three things....Run, Save, or Cancel. I normally just Run stuff from this kind of prompt (it will, of course, need to download the file first), as this saves you from that annoying step of deleting the file once the installation is done. Once you get the installation going, it's pretty straight forward. Just follow Faetyl's instructions (linked in my original post above) and you should be set in no time.

Unread 09-11-2006, 08:13 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Path

Sorry Lazaru........one more question before I just say sc%$%$# this download and try another. I guess I can live with the normal EQ2 screen but the dark nights really throw me. Can't see a dang thing <<<running into trees >>>.
Does the thorui go into the Sony/eqII/UI file or does it matter ? My problem is it will install on my hard drive but wont update in the game. Which tells me (DUH me) that it is in the wrong place.

18 pages of instructions and I still cant figure it out. WAAAAAA. Sorry I am just anal when things dont work out for me. Kait
Unread 09-11-2006, 08:39 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

All the files for your custom interface should go into the Sony/EQ2/UI/<Custom UI Name>/ folder, where <Custom UI Name> is the name of your UI (you pick a name for it -- easiest if you make it one word).

The, open up your eq2.ini file in the Sony/EQ2/ directory (or, if you don't have one, make a blank one) and add the following two lines:

cl_ui_skinname <Custom UI Name>
cl_ui_subdir UI/

Again make sure <Custom UI Name> there is the same one as you used for the folder. And dont put the <> in either place hehe =)

Also, if you want to skip the intro movie while you're there, add this line too:

cl_movie_enabled 0
Unread 09-11-2006, 01:53 PM
A Griffon

As lordebon above said, in order for EQ2 to recognize a different UI than the default, all files which you want to use will need to be in a folder within the EverQuest II/UI directory.

The auto updater should preset all the required information to be able to use the UI in game (it will create the folder as well as updating the eq2.ini file) when you initially run it.

Unread 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks guys, Im off to try again.
Unread 09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default FULL FLEDGED psycopath

I made a new folder (named it interface) and the path reads c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII\UI\Interface

I went to the Download and ran it (not saved) in this folder. It downloaded the updater which downloaded the files I then went to the options then advanced options NOW

the first path boxes were empty so I typed in the path: same as above in the second box which reads path to EverQuest.

Went to the game and guess what ? Nada zip zero NO interface . Im thinking F hates me. I will now try lordebon's now. Thank you so much for your time and effort with me....I just cant imagine why I cant figured this out. Kait
Unread 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kait
I made a new folder (named it interface) and the path reads c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII\UI\Interface

the first path boxes were empty so I typed in the path: same as above in the second box which reads path to EverQuest.
Well, why don't you just enter the path to EverQuest then? I.e. "c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuestII" (are you sure that it is not rather c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II" ?).