EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Thumbs Up Item Notes

This is an awesome feature and the main reason I use this UI.

But is there a way to open up an Generic window that doesn't require you to examine an item. Perhaps using a /show_window command with a static name, that could be made into a button, that the Examine window uses.

So we can edit/save notes in a generic window, aswell as the examine window.

I tried messing around with the /show_window command that the examine window uses but it seems to execute some things that cannot be done in-game.

Any help would be appreciated.

I can explain upon my question if its not quite clear enough.
Unread 11-23-2011, 12:11 PM
A Sea Turtle

Just thought on an Idea.
As I would like to make a Button to open this window. Perhaps the code could be put into an XML with JUST the button to use it.

[Notes] <-- Button

And all the code is in the xml for it to pop-up, and the button itself has a static ID or something to always make it display the same thing. So it can be used for every character as long as you add the /show_window for the button to display etc.

My question is, what exactly is the /show_window command getting as data (arguments)? how would I capture that, or change it to a fakeID that can be used as a separate window?
Unread 11-23-2011, 04:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

The /show_window command has nothing to do with saving the data or showing the examine windows, but only brings up an window that is otherwise invisible to the user. Most items are shown via in-game links which are another slash command of sorts, which you can see on sites like lootdb or eq2.wikia.com

To save data in the game, I've used the Map POI system and modified it's window to save to a "fake map" with fake POIs. To add a Note window wouldn't be too difficult for me to do, but to explain it in detail would take some time.

For now, I can suggest using an in-game book to take notes, or use a random item in your bags you could keep around. I'll be a little busy during the next week or so for Turkeday day, and not sure when I could get to something like this.
Unread 11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
A Sea Turtle

I understand its complex, It's a very awesome feature.

I think you understand what my request is though. So I'm happy to hear I explained that alright.

An item isn't going to be much help as I have multiple characters that rarely have the same thing on them. Plus id rather have a button on my screen that I'm able to click, rather than having to find an item in my bags and examine it.

I'll keep seeing what I can come up with. Even though my chances are slim :P

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by Noviets : 11-24-2011 at 01:02 PM.