Unread 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [TEST] 1.11.06 (LU19a) - Interface Changes

*** Commands, Controls, and User Interface ***
General:
  • Scout tracking abilities can now be filtered more specifically by name.
  • The examine info for a spell will now say if the spell requires you to be sneaking.
  • There is now a /load_uisettings command that allows you to load the UI settings from one of your existing characters. If you type the /load_uisettings command with no arguments, it will prompt you with a list of UI files to select from. You may also specify a specific file as an argument when using this command.
  • Have friends on other servers or in other games? Great! You can now add friends from other games or other servers in much the same way you would send them a tell (For example, you can /friend unrest.blackguard to add Blackguard from the server Unrest to your friends list).
  • Have enemies on other servers or in other games? Great! You can now ignore players from other servers or games in much the same way you would send them a tell (For example, you can /ignore unrest.blackguard to add Blackguard from the server Unrest to your ignore list).
  • For those who want to see shorter combat messages, there is now a Hits Mode option (similar to EverQuest) for your chat windows in Options -> User Interface -> Game Features -> Hits Mode.
    • Minimal: Shows just the damage numbers or in the case of a miss it shows miss/block/parry. Heals will also just show as numbers.
    • Medium: Cuts down on the combat text a bit by removing the damage type and giving you strict basics.
    • Full: This is how it exists today.
    • Note: Full combat info will continue to be sent to your log file. The Hits Mode option only affects what you see in the Chat window.
  • Anonymous and Roleplaying players will now be filtered properly when others perform a search:
    • Anonymous characters will not show up for any specific searches made by players.
    • Roleplaying characters will not show up in class, level, or race searches, but will still show up in LFG and LFW searches. They will also appear in guild and name type /who searches.
  • You can now quickly change to a different character on your account by using the following command: /camp <character_name>
  • Faction rewards from quests now give out the proper faction messages in the Chat window.
  • There is now a short pause on the revive window (around 3 seconds) before it accepts any input to prevent accidental revives (or reviving in the wrong location) during combat.
  • If you hear something in a language you haven't learned, you are now told what language was spoken.
  • There is now a context menu option to select what language you would like to speak in if you right click the Chat window.
  • Using the Collect Contents button in your house will no longer incorrectly report that you have no more space in your inventory if it encounters a Lore item that is already in your inventory.
  • Ammo that is purchased will automatically be placed into empty slots in your quiver before going into other bags.

Information:
  • Poison tooltips will now display the remaining proc count of your poison.
  • Haste, DPS, and run speed are now displayed in the Persona window.
  • Crush, Pierce, and Slash mitigation values will now appear in the mitigation tooltip on the Persona window.
  • Examining a melee weapon and viewing the weapon's tooltip will now display its damage type.
  • You can now view the amount of status reduction you currently have from the Housing window.
  • When examining an item, your character's class will be highlighted in green if the item is useable for your class.

The Broker Window:
  • The Broker window will now show real-time item quantities. If you buy an item, everyone who has that item on the page they're viewing will see the quantity decreasing. To avoid potential purchasing mistakes that might arise if items you see in the window are bought by someone else, items will show zero quantity instead of disappearing entirely.
  • You can now Buy Stacks or Buy Quantities of items on the Broker window.
  • The Broker window will now perform a search if the Enter key is pressed while the Item Name or Store Owner fields have focus.
  • Class information is now displayed for items in the Broker window tooltips.
  • Searching for food and drink should now be a bit simpler. For example, if you search for level 40-49 foods, you will now only see food that is appropriate for that level range.
  • There is now an option to pop up a confirmation box when making expensive purchases from the Broker window. The default price is 10 gold, and the slider for the minimum price can be set from 1 gold to 5 plat. This is to prevent the accidental purchase of an expensive item. The option is available in Options -> User Interface -> Game Features -> Broker Window.

Groups and Raids:
  • Raid leaders who have set group loot options to leader-only will be able to distribute loot to any member of any group in the raid.
  • Raid leaders can now move a raid member to an empty slot in another existing group by dragging the character name to the desired group.
  • Raid leaders can now swap raid members between groups by dragging one member's name on top of the other raid member's name.
  • Selecting a raid member multiple times will now toggle between the raid member and their pet if they have one.
  • Group and raid invites will no longer take focus if you are typing in the chat window.

[Full Patch Notes]

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 1.11.06. The left side is what is on live server 1.11.06 and the right side is what is on the test server now 1.11.06. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml
eq2ui_mouseovericons.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml

New:
images\ico_cls_symbls.dds
eq2ui_popup_language.xml
Unread 01-12-2006, 05:31 PM
aka Mook
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Good changes, good changes.
Unread 01-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Good changes, good changes.
yeah, heck I wonder if /loadui saves what custom UI you selected after you restart the game now. I'll have to play with that. All in all I'm pleased with all the changes. I used the /load_uisettings and that worked well. I was even able to select an ini from my live folder.
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Counting in the rest of the changes, this is a dream come true update in my opinion...

Mentor without messing up hotkeys...
Jump off griffon...
Search recipes within the tradeskill window...
etc etc...

Very nice stuff indeed.

I guess I better get busy

Only one major wish left for me:
The ability to browse recipes while crafting would be awesome...
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Befallen

The fun part is going to be all of the map changes for the cities, newbie zones, and the isle.
Unread 01-12-2006, 06:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
You can now quickly change to a different character on your account by using the following command: /camp <character_name>
Hehe. I like when they release stuff that took a bit for someone to figure out how to do through a UI file, and with a simple slash command non-the-less. Only problem I already see about this is characters on different servers with the same name
Unread 01-13-2006, 12:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Najena
Default Update!!

I wait day to day for a new update
I never know what to expect, and this time its a good, 'expect'.

Cant wait to see the changes in game. Great jobs, EQ2 Devs.

Ribbit
Unread 01-13-2006, 02:23 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Holy Updates Batman !

I havent actually been "excited" about an update in a while - but these changes look really good - cant wait to get a hold of the new Dynamic Data and see what I can break lol
Unread 01-13-2006, 12:35 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
[ironic remark from guildie]
- As soon as you hover your mouse over the raid window the
eq2 client will instantly crash, this is intentionally and will be fixed in lu24c
- Accepting a group invite while typing in chat, will now auto insert the string
"hi, i am an idiot" in group chat.
[/ironic remark from guildie]
I'd love the 2nd remark to be put in live