Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > Interface Changes

Unread 11-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default [TEST] 11.04.05 (LU16a/b Patch) - Interface Changes

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 11.04.05. The left side is what is on live server 11.04.05 and the right side is what is on the test server now 11.04.05. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Please keep in mind these changes have not gone live yet and more changes may be in the works and only introduced on patch day.

Changed:
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_hud_choice.xml
eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_impliedtarget.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_inspectplayer.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_target.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_windowsettings.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
eq2ui_playerhousing.xml
eq2ui_popup_zoneteleporter.xml
eq2ui_tradeskills.xml
images\commonelements.dds
images\window_elements_generic.dds
images\window_elements_specific.dds
images\windowelements.dds
Unread 11-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Looks like some color changes have been made. Also I'm likeing the new window borders, alot. Just looks like they have some alignment issues to work out and still need to update some of the windows.

They also added a /screenshots folder instead of storing them in the root of the eq2 folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	3943  
Unread 11-04-2005, 07:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Can't say I like the blue, but it's a work in progress. I'm definately digging the new default borders though!
Unread 11-04-2005, 09:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Looks like SoE likes my round buttons and blue scale backgrounds after all lmao ..... Either way its a damn good improvement over what they had to start with, Looks like they have got some class lol
Unread 11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Test

You can almost be certain there will be some more changes before this goes live. Theres a couple things in the pipeline that I think will require UI changes.
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:29 PM
An Undead Settler

gee looks like SoE is trying to put there names on the Eq2Interface list of UI Authors :c) almost like there trying to make a name for them selvs by making the default UI almost worth whyal
Unread 11-05-2005, 12:48 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

This one is looking nice as far at UI changes.
Special heads up to anyone that modified the Inventory Window!
Note the new equip food and drink slots
I'm pretty pumped about that!

Also yes the borders are sweet and very trim.

Not really UI related but...
Also love the (combat skills fade out when out of range)
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 11-05-2005, 01:57 AM
A Griffon

tbh I hate the new food drink slots from a mod perspective. I know theres goign to be many old inventory windows that are no longer maintained that people like to use and wont be able to use anymore. To clairfy, you MUST equip food and drink to use it. Which means you MUST have an updated inventory window uless you want to do hungry and thirsty. Thats a real bummer to me
Unread 11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Kithicor

Food will autoequp when dropepd on your picture or autoeqip spot, you do not NEED the slots but you do need them if you want to STOP eating from a stack =p
Unread 11-06-2005, 01:17 AM
EQII Developer
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantu
gee looks like SoE is trying to put there names on the Eq2Interface list of UI Authors :c) almost like there trying to make a name for them selvs by making the default UI almost worth whyal
Thanks for making me laugh tonight.

Laffs - which of your mods are you referring to that inspired our blue? I want to go tease Rosie (the artist) about where she got the inspiration.

Bobble
Unread 11-06-2005, 03:16 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Heh... I'd say probably his background for Laff's Lite.

But that screenie looks really good... I may even go back to using mostly default windows with that look. WTG SOE (and I guess Rosie in particular... heh)
Unread 11-06-2005, 09:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Bobble,

Yeh lol Vandiin is correct, Insted of marble Rosie has grain effect and nice single pixel type frames, Heck I may even switch to using that background insted lol it will save me loads of time when you guys break... erm... I mean update windows again lol jk,

Either way the default UI you have now is 100 times better than the last version gj, If not still a tad on the large side, But hey I guess thats why we are allowed to mod it lol... If it gets too good then we wont have anything to do then will just have to play the game alot more offten insted

Also reguarding the food and drink slots, I think it is a damn good idea personaly and was able to fit them into my mini inv window without too much trouble, Also being able to set individual windows to allow "click through" now is a welcome change along with numerous other additions... Nice one
Unread 11-06-2005, 10:27 AM
A Griffon

Server: Toxxulia

Now if the devs can only enlighten us on the proper syntax of the if/then conditionals for us..hint hint.

But yes, I agree, nice job SOE on the newer UI default files, they are looking snazzy.
Unread 11-06-2005, 11:07 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agathorn
tbh I hate the new food drink slots from a mod perspective. I know theres goign to be many old inventory windows that are no longer maintained that people like to use and wont be able to use anymore. To clairfy, you MUST equip food and drink to use it. Which means you MUST have an updated inventory window uless you want to do hungry and thirsty. Thats a real bummer to me
Ok so this isn't so bad anymore. You can use an old inventory window. What you do is just equip the food/drink with the context menu or double click and if you need to remove it do a /unequip on slots 20 and 21. Kinda roundabout but it works. But I went and updated Tablets II anyway so its compliant. I was all in arms about how to fit the two slots in, but then SOE updated the default UI a 2nd time better arraning the slots and I stole thier layout since it makde sense hehe. Moved the waist slot from right to left then moved the charm slots where waist used to be and food to where charm used to be. Looks nice
Unread 11-06-2005, 01:34 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Innothule

I really like the default UI now. My only real complaint is the size. The windows are just too big. It would be nice if it was made in 2 sizes.