EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-04-2007, 09:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default No Chat Window

Ok Profit seems to be a good program when it works. The problem that I have with it is it does not always work. I have 2 different computers I use to play the game and I loaded profit on both of them in the past 2 days.

Now, half the time I log in I have no chat box and there is no way to get it to pop up. So I log out and log in 3-5 times and my chat box pops in. This happens on both computers.

Sometimes I zone and the chat window just goes away for no reason.

Also, I can no longer ALT tab between windows because it bugs the comp so that when I press my left mouse button it turns the toon to the right.

Anyone have any ideas on a fix for these things?
Unread 07-04-2007, 11:13 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Not sure about your Alt-Tab issue, but I'm thinking your other issue is being caused by corrupt uisettings files (<SERVER>_<CHARACTER>_eq2_uisettings.ini). Delete them (or move them out of the EQII directory/back them up) and either have the game recreate them (which will require you to manually arrange the windows) or use one gm9 includes with the download (assuming, of course, he DOES include them).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 07-05-2007, 12:18 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Have you tried to press "T"? I have the same problem, sometimes when I log in there is no chatbox, but I just have to press "T" on the Keyboard to get it back.
Unread 07-05-2007, 01:52 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Whatever the Alt-Tab issue is, it will not be ProfitUI related.

Regarding the chat windows, that is not ProfitUI related either, this can happen for many people. As Lazaru5 said, it appears to be related to the uisettings file. We are currently investigating the details of that. However, as Reality said, you can usually have your chat window pop up by pressing your default chat entry key ("\" by default).
Unread 07-14-2007, 01:06 PM
A Coastal Crab

I'm kinda having the same issue. I can't seem to chat in the game at all. I can see my chat windows, but there's no place to input text. The default "/" does not seem to be registering, either.
Unread 07-14-2007, 03:32 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Haven't seen the disappearing chat window issue myself, but definitely just delete or move the settings file Lazaru5 mentioned and see if that doesn't help the issue.

As for not being able to start chat by hitting enter or the "/" key, just change the chat window's settings to default and it should fix it. Selecting "Frame Only" in the drop down box hides the input field behind the bottom row of text, which makes it impossible to read what you type. I have also just plain not been able to enter text period on this setting, which could also go back to the corrupt ini file issue.