EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-26-2009, 06:06 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Nagafen
Default Guild status Calculator

I would like to see a guild level calculator, It would be nice to punch in the guild lvl and amount of accounts and see how much GSP will be need to hit the next 1, 5, 10, levels or any other combo or how much 1 million GSP would earn you guild after punching in the pertinate info

Now get on it I need one by like last week
Unread 12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

I do not know of anyone that's actually recorded the status amounts at each level. That data would be required for what you are asking for.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game. For one thing, to my knowledge the total current guild status is not displayed anywhere and would be required for any calculations.

Last edited by lordebon : 12-26-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Unread 12-26-2009, 06:20 PM
A Brown Bear

I have put together a spread sheet ussing excel its not finished and I have noticed that the amount of guild accounts change the GSP needed to lvl.
take a look, I am sure if there is more player wanting this they can all edit it and submit it to help with the creation of a good calculator...no?

lordebon wrote: (I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game.)

just having the calcultor would be nice does not need to be in game could be used as a stand alone device
Attached Files
File Type: zip Guild Status.zip (11.5 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by doubl-a_ron : 12-26-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: lordebon wrote:I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game
Unread 12-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

I highly doubt the # of accounts changes the amount needed to level. That was true in the very old days, when you had the patronage system (where the amount of personal status that went to guild status changed with # of patrons) but patronage was removed and the conversion fixed to 10% for a long, long time.

What evidence have you seen that shows that # of accounts influences the amount required to level? The only way I can think to determine that would be to have two guilds at the same level with different # of accounts and then observe the raw status needed to level them.
Unread 12-26-2009, 10:27 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
I do not know of anyone that's actually recorded the status amounts at each level. That data would be required for what you are asking for.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game. For one thing, to my knowledge the total current guild status is not displayed anywhere and would be required for any calculations.
I do hope you're referring that the total guild status isn't displayed anywhere in game. Because it is displayed on leaderboards so therefore is obtainable via xml/csv files.

Also seems anytime I read a response by you Lordebon its nearly always sounding instantly as an arguement maybe its just the way you write.
Unread 12-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
I do hope you're referring that the total guild status isn't displayed anywhere in game. Because it is displayed on leaderboards so therefore is obtainable via xml/csv files.

Also seems anytime I read a response by you Lordebon its nearly always sounding instantly as an arguement maybe its just the way you write.
I was talking about in game... in my first response I said "I'm not sure how possible/easy it would be do something like that in game." I read the OP's post as wanting it in-game, which is why I gave that response. I am aware that the total status is displayed on-line, but that would not have helped in making an in game system.

An out-of-game system would be quite doable, so long as all the total status amounts at the various guild levels were available. As I said, I'm not aware of anyone or any site that has collected all of that data -- the lower levels are not hard to do, but getting towards the upper end takes a lot more status and makes the data much harder to get accurately (especially since the total amount of status needs to be recorded immediately after the guild ding, and the total status online can take several days to update).

My second post may sound like an argument because in a sense it is: the poster posited that # of accounts affects the amount of status required to level, a statement which I find highly doubtful and have never seen any evidence to support. However, every post I make is in good faith and is either intended to help or intended to offer an honest opinion; in that case, it was my opinion that I did not believe that hypothesis, but I would welcome data to the contrary. I've been wrong before, that's why I gave an experiment which would test the hypothesis.
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:25 AM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

actually, the leaderboards adds up the amount of guild status all your current members have contributed. not particularly useful unless you have the same guild members and they haven't left for 80 guild levels etc.

Now, if you use something like RosterMaster for Dragonfly and set the logging pretty high (i forget where it begins to log status) you can kind of get an idea, but then again that's if a contributor doesn't leave the guild before eq2players updates AND the script picks it up

Last edited by xndienx : 12-28-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Typos for the win
Unread 12-28-2009, 05:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
I highly doubt the # of accounts changes the amount needed to level. That was true in the very old days, when you had the patronage system (where the amount of personal status that went to guild status changed with # of patrons) but patronage was removed and the conversion fixed to 10% for a long, long time.

What evidence have you seen that shows that # of accounts influences the amount required to level? The only way I can think to determine that would be to have two guilds at the same level with different # of accounts and then observe the raw status needed to level them.
Well now that you say that, I my self have no evidence that the ammount of accounts change the status need to guild level, I was told so, also a close friend said it took more status to level than my spread sheet listed, we just figured it cause the hight # of accounts. It was just a eror in my list.

Hopefully I am not the only player who wants this, I hope this thread gets popular, and some players can contribute data, if so could the calculator than become a real thing?
Unread 12-28-2009, 06:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Found this*

I found this writ calculator on source forge the calculator has a built in guild status calculator but only goes to lvl 30, it a stand alone device not a game add on some thing like this would please poeple fine I think.
Please take a look at it
Attached Files
File Type: zip WritCalc_1.0.0.0.zip (11.4 KB, 246 views)
Unread 12-28-2009, 07:02 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubl-a_ron View Post
Hopefully I am not the only player who wants this, I hope this thread gets popular, and some players can contribute data, if so could the calculator than become a real thing?
It's actually something I'm interested in. I have a couple of data points (L15 and L16) from my own guild that match well with your spreadsheet. (My numbers were 142555 and 171713 for 15/16 respectively).

Edit: Another datum. 205552 --> 17.

Last edited by lordebon : 12-30-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Unread 12-28-2009, 08:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
It's actually something I'm interested in. I have a couple of data points (L15 and L16) from my own guild that match well with your spreadsheet. (My numbers were 142555 and 171713 for 15/16 respectively).
Have you seen the first google result I got on this? No idea if that data is any good but here you go: http://www.theclenchedfist.com/Conte...ge/pid=64.html

This should be data which can be gotten from one of the devs also IMO if you ask nicely, can't think of a reason to keep this secret/obscure.
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Have you seen the first google result I got on this? No idea if that data is any good but here you go: http://www.theclenchedfist.com/Conte...ge/pid=64.html

This should be data which can be gotten from one of the devs also IMO if you ask nicely, can't think of a reason to keep this secret/obscure.
Re the result: Therein lies the problem... most things I've seen are only partial data, and then you can't always speak to how correct it is.

Re the Devs... that's quite true. Hmm...