EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 12-03-2006, 11:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Multiple full UI

K , this is the situation .

Ive downloaded some full UI packets here and now i have the problem = I like the nighelf 2 packet very much for my fay , but if i play it with my assassin , it's sooo ugly , you get it ? the theme has to fit with the rest of the game for me.
So my question is , how can i download & = nightelf2 for my fay and Laffs alt Perdition Bottom for my Assassin so that they don't mix up ? I was thinking at 2 eq2.ini files or 2 UI directories ... :s

Thx in advantage
Unread 12-03-2006, 12:02 PM
A Brown Bear

ow yeah , and if i install the night elve , i just get the default buttons , and a lot , but a lot of white , it's a problem somwhere , this is what i have done

downloaded & unzipped the .zip , searched for those 2 files =

- antonia bayle_jethal_eq2_uisettings.xml
- eq2.ini

installed them in C:\Program Files\Games\EQ II ( the install directorie for EQ with me ) and placed all the others in C:\Program Files\Games\EQ II\UI\Wood

But im messing whole day with the UI's so maybe i deleted something wrong earlier , so this is what i have atm in EQ II\UI

This is what my \UI folder looks like now =

Unread 12-03-2006, 12:28 PM
A Brown Bear

Damm , it's really messed up now , i can't get it to the default anymore , white everywhre

The UI folder is empty again , ive started the patcher so he gets the files again...

Can any1 make me a step by step noob tutoriaal to install those 2 so i can pick #1 for my assassin & #2 for my fay pls , im going to stop trying stuff
Unread 12-03-2006, 03:03 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

You'll need to install each set to a separate directory under Everquest II/UI. For example...

Everquest II/UI/NightElf
Everquest II/UI/Laffs

With that done, you'll need to edit your eq2.ini file to point at whichever you want to load. The skinname should match the desired UI. For example...

cl_ui_skinname NightElf

You'll have to log out and change this setting each any time you want to swap UIs. There's a UI switcher utility that makes this a bit easier, but you'll have to dig it up yourself

Another alternative is to try the ingame command

/loadui NightElf

This option is very buggy and often crashes EQ2.
Unread 12-04-2006, 11:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Tried this but the problem is , it's all white . The spell icons in the hotbar are still visible , but all the things around the 'original functions' are as white as snow. :s

This is happening with both :s probably ive done something wrong with installation but i don't know what.
------------
I don't understand this = Place the "LAFFSV8" folder in C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\UI

1) you guys say you may not put a folder into the UI folder , and if i open the .zip file , i don't see a folder .

With the Laffs.zip , i see one photoshop file , one .Exe , 5 x .ini , 1 x .db , .dds files , some .txt file , a .jpg , a readme , and a lot of .xmls

The page on the site says =
And rename ONE of these files,
"server_character_eq2_uisettings(1600-1200).ini"
"server_charname_eq2_uisettings(1280-1024).ini"

What is the difference betwwen 1600-1200 & 1280-1024 ?
---------

with the Wood_EOFb.zip , i see a lot of .xml's , some .dds , one ui.log , one EQ2.ini and one antonia_bayle_eq2_uisettings.ini

The page on the site says
Copy the following files to your EverQuestII directory
- antonia bayle_jethal_eq2_uisettings.xml
- eq2.ini

But does that mean i have to delete them out of the EQ2\Ui\Wood directorie ? or leave them there too ? :s

you really have to explain something very easy and step by step , cause i have the strange power to always mess it up
Unread 12-04-2006, 12:31 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

If you're having trouble even with the default UI, I would suggest deleting the default subdirectory/folder in the UI subdirectory/folder (Everquest II/UI/Default) and let the patcher pull a fresh set.

Then to get your custom UIs functioning, simply unzip the contents of the UI packages into newly created folders in your UI directory like Zonx stated. Refer to this thread for step by step instructions on doing this.

The difference between the two settings files is resolution settings. You can use any resolution you want, but those two files included will allow you to just 'plug and play' the UI (install it without any need to manually move the windows to desired locations).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-04-2006, 01:01 PM
A Brown Bear

k , I tried to just unstill the Night elf and this is what i see =

So how i tried to unstall it

1) opent the zip file and copied all in the eq2\ui\wood ,
2) toke the 2 .ini files ( antonia bayle_jethal_eq2_uisettings.ini & eq2.ini ) and dropped them in the main eq2 directorie , verified if the eq2.ini file was on cl_ui_skinname wood

Opent the program and the above image is what i saw :'(
Unread 12-04-2006, 02:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Make sure you unzip program is preserving the directory structure in the .zip. Looks like the graphics files that should be in an \images subfolder have not arrived there.
Unread 12-05-2006, 12:05 AM
A Griffon

did you rename the uisettings.ini file properly? For example, I would rename it to mistmoore_ulcifer_eq2_uisettings.ini if I was to use it.

Unread 12-05-2006, 04:04 AM
A Brown Bear

i think so :s

runneeye_ercil_eq2_uisettings.ini ?
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:20 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Unless that's a type that would be incorrect. It should be:

runnyeye_ercil_eq2_uisettings.ini
Unread 12-05-2006, 08:16 AM
A Brown Bear

aha , the laffs works ! almost ...got a little bug , i can't see the coins on the broker/merchant , i do see them at the bank ( i don't mean the amount , i mean the gold , plat , silver , copper icon )

it looks like this now , very happy with it

Going to try to get the night elf now
Unread 12-05-2006, 09:13 AM
A Brown Bear

hmm , i already got the images with the Wood , but there is something wrong with my resolution , whats 1024 x 768 on the windows desktop. (hej , im old ,my hair are grey, my bones are fragil ,my eyes are bad..)

Can any1 tell me how to get this right , but it doesn't affect the Laffs UI ( been buzy for an hour to get everything right lol...)

Or has the developer make a new one with another resolution for me , if he wants to
Unread 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
A Griffon

If you're asking if there's a 'translation' between 'normal' resolution (everyday usage) and in-game resolution, there is no difference. Most authors usually provide the window placement files (server_character_eq2_uisettings.ini) for resolutions they feel are used more widely than others (or simply personal preferences). You can use any resolution you want. Just keep in mind that you will most likely need to place the windows manually and possibly even shrink some of the windows down a bit to fit your resolution (some UIs are specifically made to be used with a particular resolution).

Unread 12-05-2006, 06:10 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

To change your resolution...

In Windows, right-click your desktop. Choose "Properties" from the menu. Click the "Settings" tab in the popup window. Now use the slide to change your reso.

Now when you launch EQ2, it may run the game in your old "800x600" reso. While in-game, use ALT +O to bring up Game Options. Under I think the "Performance" button there should be a menu to change you game resolution to match your desktop reso.
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Just note that EQ2 and DirectX don't always play nice in regards to resolution changes. If you experience an error when loading up your game for the first time after having changed your desktop resolution then simply run the EQ2Settings.exe and change your ingame resolution from there.