EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 07-10-2010, 07:10 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Temporarily Disable Profit UI

Is it possible to temporarily disable profit ui? I have another program i want to run but profit ui doesn't cooperate with this program. Do i have to uninstall Profit Ui?
Unread 07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Yes, just go into eq2.ini in your EQ2 installation directory and comment out (put a # in front of) the cl_ui_skinname line. That'll temporarily remove ProfitUI. To put it back in, just remove the # you added.

Note: disabling ProfitUI isn't the only thing you need to do. The UI settings for characters will all have information for ProfitUI in them, and using them directly with the default UI or another UI mod may give you weird results. Your best bet's to also get all the server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml files and move them to a backup directory elsewhere, and start with the default UI settings or the default settings supplied with the mod you're trying.

Note that if you're also running EQ2Map you'll need to change it's UI directory name (in it's options dialog) to the one for the new mod. Do that after installing the new mod.
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

What is the exact name of the folder/file i need to put a number in front of? and I am using Eq2 maps, do i just disable it the same way as the ProfitUi? If so what is the name of the folder/file for that?
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:18 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
Yes, just go into eq2.ini in your EQ2 installation directory and comment out (put a # in front of) the cl_ui_skinname line. That'll temporarily remove ProfitUI. To put it back in, just remove the # you added.

Note: disabling ProfitUI isn't the only thing you need to do. The UI settings for characters will all have information for ProfitUI in them, and using them directly with the default UI or another UI mod may give you weird results. Your best bet's to also get all the server_character_eq2_uisettings.xml files and move them to a backup directory elsewhere, and start with the default UI settings or the default settings supplied with the mod you're trying.

Note that if you're also running EQ2Map you'll need to change it's UI directory name (in it's options dialog) to the one for the new mod. Do that after installing the new mod.
The settings in the servername
_charname_settings.xml are window positions. They will only give weird results because the windows are different but simple moving/resizing fixes that. And if hes using EQ2Map with Profit once hes disabled Profit EQ2Map will no longer function so it will be disabled as well. Hes asking about how to disable them not change to a different UI

OP - use the # symbol not a number as your reply is stating you understood it to be. # is Shift 3
Unread 07-11-2010, 01:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkiez View Post
Is it possible to temporarily disable profit ui? I have another program i want to run but profit ui doesn't cooperate with this program. Do i have to uninstall Profit Ui?
So ProfitUI doesn't work with your crafting bot? Such a shame.
Unread 07-11-2010, 12:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
So ProfitUI doesn't work with your crafting bot? Such a shame.
LOL I was gonna post the same thing. Its about the only "program" I know that profit isn't compatable with.