EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 01-13-2009, 03:12 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default voice chat window idea (combine them)

Is there anybody working on any mods to the voice chat windows? I have a idea I think could be innovative. Combining both of the voice chat interface pieces into one window, and having a tree-dropdown section to list who's in the channel. While minimized you just get the basic functions to talk, switch channels, see who's talking, exc. Of course it would take me ages to make such a window, because my XML skill is a bit newbish. I do know how to build UI pieces but i do most of my work through notepad.

Last edited by wolfeedarkfang : 01-13-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Unread 01-13-2009, 04:17 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

I tried to make all of the voice chat windows use as much dynamic data as possible, so it should be possible to modify the windows a good deal. Even the participants in your current channel are in dynamic data.

However, we only send down participant data for the channel you're currently in. So if your treeview idea was to enable you to see who was in other channels, it wouldn't work because that data isn't available.
Unread 01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeedarkfang View Post
I do know how to build UI pieces but i do most of my work through notepad.
That's ok, so do I.
Unread 01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
However, we only send down participant data for the channel you're currently in. So if your treeview idea was to enable you to see who was in other channels, it wouldn't work because that data isn't available.
Yea and that why I have to keep using vent on raids:/ Along with not being able to be a ghost in other channels. But hey, I am happy to be able to use it from groups.
Unread 01-13-2009, 07:00 PM
A Crazed Gnoll
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
I tried to make all of the voice chat windows use as much dynamic data as possible, so it should be possible to modify the windows a good deal.
Thanks for the reply Rothgar. Glad to see devs keeping track. My thought is a standalone version of the voice window that normally connects to the bottom of the normal chat, but with a collapsible list of participants of the current channel. I don't see much mod work done for this window yet. It works great as it is, but fewer windows for me is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
That's ok, so do I.
Awesome. I know there is a UI builder tool, but i don't use it much. I usually just do /loadui in game to see the changes. lol I use my alt "Nitepaw" as a test dummy so i don't ruin my layout on my main.