EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default "EQ2Map is an illegal hack"

I really loved this UI mod. I've been using it for a little over a week and I wish it had been around since the launch of EQ2 when I started playing. When I first installed it and saw it ingame I was like "OMG just in the newbie catacombs alone this would have saved me so much time." Just not having to flip over to a web based map or thumb through the strat guide is an amazing time saver! (thanks)

[yesterday]
So, I sent a copy over to my buddy and told him to use it. He was a little skiddish about it and asked a GM online if there was any problems with using it. The GM said it was an "illegal hack" and he would really love to know where it was downloaded from.

[today]
I had to laugh a bit and sent my bud the link to this evil hacker site here.

He checked back with a GM today and got the same response and the GM supposedly took a look at this site. The GM said the same thing and then said he was going to go consult with two other GM's. After this big GM pow-wow, he came back saying they all agreed (3 GM's) that EQ2Map is an illegal hack. If it matters for anyone playing on the server in question that wants to check up on this with the local GM's, this was on the Highkeep server.

Now unless I'm totally wrong, I know the following:
1) EQ2Map adds custom maps into the client side of EQ2
2) EQ2Map was only created by the SOE provided UI tool
3) Using EQ2Map is no different than having a zone map next to you on your desk
4) If EQ2Map was really an "illegal hack" a "cease and dissist" letter would have been sent out from SOE weeks ago and this board would have been shut down

<<personal attacks removed>>

Anyway, how do I put my friends mind at ease so he can start using this excellent UI mod?

Thanks!

Last edited by Dolby : 04-03-2005 at 07:11 PM.