EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-30-2007, 07:19 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: The Bazaar
Question Problem with Guild Screen

Hmmm, when I open the guild screen and highlight a person's name I'm supposed to see the Joined On date over at the right side. However, that date is cut off from about a smidge down from the top. From there down is a blank. It wouldn't be too much of a problem except that I'm Promotions Officer for our guild and need to know when someone joined so that promotions are kept up to date.

Is there something I can fix? I know zilch about coding in html so solutions would have to be spelled out. However, as a former programmer, I'm guessing that the line underneath is being overlaid with a blank space so that what is typed in the second line can show. I've tried re-sizing the window with no results.

Unread 10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

the problem heres lies within the localized versions of eq2,

while "joined xx.xx.xxxx" fits in one line, the (e.g.) german text "beigetreten am xx.xx.xxxx" doesnt. 2 possibilities:

a) on highlight the selected member will have a bigger height
... or ...

b) you grab yourself a hexeditor an edit eq2\locale\de_de_data.dat and look for the line "3318089056 ucdt Beigetreten am $0"

and replace "Beigetreten am $0" with "joined $0" and be sure to replace the now unneeded letters with hex values of 00
-->
Code:
Joined $0 and 8 bytes of 0x00
the little flaw with this is that you have to redo this after every official change to said file

dont open the file with a regular texteditor as the file contains non-ascii characters which the texteditor is likely to transform into garbage instantly crashing eq2 on next start

Last edited by therealmosha : 10-03-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:12 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can also download your roster as csv or (broken) xml from the eq2players website and it has join dates on it. Load it with Excel, sort it by join date, off you go.