EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cure buttons working only intermittently

Love the UI, great work! I can't believe stuff of this quality is put out and updated for free! Much appreciated.

I'm having a slight issue with my cure buttons. Recently I'm getting the "This spell or ability is no longer available" message. I noticed this today on login when hitting the button from my self-target window.

Then I got invited to a group. As soon as the group window came up, the self-cure worked, as well as the group cure buttons. I remember from a while back that gm9 said that the subclass detector fired on the group window being displayed. Is that still the case?

This is not the first time in the last few days my cures have not worked. In the past, I have tried ALT-Gx2 and ALT-Ux2 to hide/show those windows. No joy there.

What is the default subclass? If there is not one, I would humbly suggest that you allow us to select a default subclass for the next revision.

Any other tips to get this working more consistently? I have tried a full re-install of the UI into a new dir. As I said, sometimes it works and does not work in the same play session.
Unread 12-03-2007, 09:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Is there any way to tell directly if the subclass detector fired, and what class it thinks I am, and/or manually set the subclass variable from in-game?
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Subclass detection is now done each time you mouse over the window.

I posted a test version that prints to chat what exactly it does a while ago in a similar case but that user solved the problem by doing a clean install/not removing certain windows. Maybe try that as well. Otherwise I can post that again.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have removed certain windows. Bags, persona, hotkeys. The XP, group and self windows are the same. What windows is the subclass detector dependent on?

Is it the group window that has the mouseover? Perhaps the self window should also have it? Ie, in case we try to cure ourselves before we have been in a group?

I just tried again. No joy on the self window. No joy on the group window this time, either.

Going to try a fresh install, no windows missing.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Also, I'm missing the bottom bar, even on a clean install. I didn't remove it, it's just not on the screen.

Edit: TOTALLY clean install; works fine. I'm a tool

The difference must have been my removed files.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I know exactly what happened. I had edited eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml to make the coin and class/tradeskill windows invisible. When I copied my version of the file from 4.3 to 4.3.1, I over-wrote some changes to the rest of the file (ManHUID versus Custom for the path of one of the windows).

Sorry!
Closed Thread