EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-21-2010, 12:07 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've noticed that the icon in the quest helper window that shows what color the quest cons is not in the profit one (no big deal to me personally but others might like it)

Also, all quests in the quest helper window update fine (ie blink, show the counter going up etc) with the exception of the Daily Solo Shard quest. You get the update for killing a mob, it will go up in your actual journal, but the quest window will still say 0/12. (even though it flashes)
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Everything I see either has been reported or works fine except for one issue:

I have been having a crash with the broker on occasion; it happens when I right click a item I have in my traders box (in this case a Vereran's Display Case) and hit the search button. It instantly CTD's. I can use the regular search function fine. I have only had it happen to me with transmuting supplies. Was able to reproduce a few times and removing the item from sale and putting it back on sale (including looking it up manually and updating the price) fixes the issue. I am not sure what causes it but it seems to be at random for the most part.

Last edited by Asimer : 02-22-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimer View Post
Everything I see either has been reported or works fine except for one issue:

I have been having a crash with the broker on occasion; it happens when I right click a item I have in my traders box (in this case a Vereran's Display Case) and hit the search button. It instantly CTD's. I can use the regular search function fine. I have only had it happen to me with transmuting supplies. Was able to reproduce a few times and removing the item from sale and putting it back on sale (including looking it up manually and updating the price) fixes the issue. I am not sure what causes it but it seems to be at random for the most part.
If you can get it to reproduce get my an item name and I will see what I can do. I have not sold any transmuting supplies yet so that may be why I have not seen the issue. Were they t9 supplies or lower?

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:07 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
It will complain if it does not have the permissions required
Oh, I know it will. But 15 years in tech support have convinced me that no matter how bad the person wants the problem fixed they will never give you all of the details necessary to properly troubleshoot without a LOT of prompting.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:10 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutanea View Post
I've noticed that the icon in the quest helper window that shows what color the quest cons is not in the profit one (no big deal to me personally but others might like it)

Also, all quests in the quest helper window update fine (ie blink, show the counter going up etc) with the exception of the Daily Solo Shard quest. You get the update for killing a mob, it will go up in your actual journal, but the quest window will still say 0/12. (even though it flashes)
Not sure about dailies. Have heard of the issue happening sporadically on random quests and opening and closing the quest helper window was supposed to fix that issue.

As for the icon I am not sure why it is not showing...I was trying to get it last night but no dice. Will continue to work on the code till I get it.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Nope that is not the latest version. Refer to the post above this one for various issues that can cause problems with the updater.

Silat
Ok, I did a clean install, deleted uisettings, and bottom bar is still jacked up. Persona window is fine fyi.

Resists still showing 99999 for all. I did not download using DVD's, used patcher to install SF, so no directory issue. My bottom bar looks just like Renna's in post #75.

Last edited by Zendi : 02-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:38 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendi View Post
Ok, I did a clean install, deleted uisettings, and bottom bar is still jacked up. Persona window is fine fyi.

Resists still showing 99999 for all. I did not download using DVD's, used patcher to install SF, so no directory issue.
Do you have the updater ignoring the bottom file possibly? It is called _ProfitUI_BottomBar.xml or are you possible using one of the variants? I had forgotten all about the variants so have not recoded them yet.

Edit: Just saw your edit. You are using a variant bottom bar. I am working on recoding it right now.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 02-22-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
A Brown Bear

I reset and made sure I was not ignoring anything. I even tried switching between wide and default. Mine looks just like the picture from post #75.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Check the default bar that is 1280 in the zip. I think it is incorrect too.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:45 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendi View Post
Check the default bar that is 1280 in the zip. I think it is incorrect too.
Yes, all the ones in zips are variants so I am having to recode them. Give me a little bit and I will get it done for you guys.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I said it before: All files which have variants also need their default .zip updated. Updating the .xml is not enough.

Zendi: Instead of actually selecting the default variant hit the "default" button on the variants window of the updater, that should help for now.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:51 AM
A Brown Bear

Yep, figured that out. And thanks for the quick responses.
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Nektulos
Thumbs Up Thank you...

to everyone who is helping to make this wonderful UI workable still! I just wanted to let you all know how much it is appreciated...the work you do regarding Profit.

This is the only UI I use and still the best!!

You all rock
Unread 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
I said it before: All files which have variants also need their default .zip updated. Updating the .xml is not enough.
I know you said it. But I only checked for a variant of the journal window and raid window. I forgot all about the bottom bar being changed.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQAditu View Post
I discovered this problem for the first time today and devised a trick to fix it in my own raid window.

Essentially the problem is that they changed something in the script interpreter/compiler which no longer allows an XML element Name to equal "Name". I would guess the problem is when you reference "Basic.Name.LocalText", you're not referencing the Attribute LocalText of the Element Name of the Element Basic... you're trying to reference the Attribute LocalText of the Attribute Name of the Element Basic. There's no such thing as an Attribute of an Attribute in XML, so the reference fails and is interpreted as a literal string.

Since you can no longer reference this Element from the outside, the data must be placed outside. In my case, I added an OnTextChanged event handler to the Name element and populated an Attribute in Basic called NameText. Then all I had to do as change my references from "Basic.Name.LocalText" to "Basic.NameText".
This just must be isolated to .LocalText only. Because mine works but I don't use .LocalText I use .Text

Any way Rothgar said he will be looking into it and fixing it as it was not a intentional change.

Last edited by Landiin : 02-22-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
This just must be isolated to .LocalText only. Because mine works but I don't use .LocalText I use .Text

Any way Rothgar said he will be looking into it and fixing it as it was not a intentional change.
I don't know why yours kept working. Even the default raid window was having issues with the references to name.text because it uses it for the vivox functions. It affected name.text in Profitui as well and I changed it to eqaditu's method and it started working again.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Default Bottom Bar Variants

I have not tested these. I just made the same changes to them that I made to the default xml.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: zip _ProfitUI_BottomBar (1024).zip (2.3 KB, 197 views)
File Type: zip _ProfitUI_BottomBar (1024x768).zip (2.3 KB, 187 views)
File Type: zip _ProfitUI_BottomBar (1280).zip (2.1 KB, 196 views)
File Type: zip _ProfitUI_BottomBar (1740+).zip (2.0 KB, 192 views)
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I have not tested these. I just made the same changes to them that I made to the default xml.

Silat
Btw, that one never quite got finished but in case you were not aware of it: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11355
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Btw, that one never quite got finished but in case you were not aware of it: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=11355
Thanks GM9,

I have used ProfitUI in its default config for a couple of years now and have never messed with the variants. I appreciate the pointers you have been giving me.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 01:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Updated active quest journal to display the little quest difficulty icons.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_journals_active.xml (7.6 KB, 214 views)
Unread 02-22-2010, 02:18 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Updated active quest journal to display the little quest difficulty icons.

Silat
Thanks Silat, Will try your file tonight when I get home, I was having trouble with not seeing the quests. I mean you can click/unclick the use questhelper box, and see it on the mainhud window, but just getting see the quest (not showing in the window.

Will let you know if your file works for me. The only next thing I do is a Clean Install, and I hate that. It sucks...

Will keep everyone posted. Thanks for all that have kept ProfitUI all these years. Us non-technical peeps thank you.
Unread 02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Ok instead of asking in an ancient and old thread about this I figured I would ask here

to add a 6th button to the group window are the only 2 files I need to copy paste the button code in

_ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons

and

eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers

thanks for answer
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Ok instead of asking in an ancient and old thread about this I figured I would ask here

to add a 6th button to the group window are the only 2 files I need to copy paste the button code in

_ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons

and

eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers

thanks for answer
Are you just wanting them in the group window or the raid window as well? The raid window is eq2ui_mainhud_raid if you are wanting them to show there you would need to edit that as well.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 08:04 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

just the group there is no room in raid window for a 6th
Unread 02-22-2010, 11:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Butcherblock
Talking Oops Typo!

In my last post I updated the broker drop down boxes to include T9 stuff and I noticed a Typo in one of them that causes you to search for Brellium Cluster instead of Brellium Ore here is the corrected file.

Just drop it into your Profit UI folder and overwrite the old one.
Attached Files
File Type: txt _ProfitUI_Market_Favorites1.txt (12.6 KB, 223 views)