Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-03-2011, 05:04 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Tier Indicator

Greetings,
It seems the tier indictor is hard-coded align to the top of the name element.
For v0, the up arrows are above and the down arrows are below the name, centered and aligned.
For v1, its align to the top and centered.

Has anyone else ran into this?
Is there anyway around this?

Thanks,
DRaven
Unread 01-03-2011, 05:19 PM
A Griffon

OK, i answered my own questions for v0,
It seems they are hard-coded, based on the name of the "Name element". I just changed the name of the "Name" element from "Name" to "TargetsName" and the alignment wasn't there anymore.
Now that the element is released from alignment you can re-size / position it with the "OnSize" variable. (Example: OnSize=Parent.TierIndicator.width=102 Parent.TierIndicator.top=10) This example will set the width to 102 and move the element down 10.

For v1 this is diffrent, If you rename the "Name" element it crashs the UI/game. But this fixes my issues where I wanted all arrows above the target name. So its workable.

More posting this answer for anyone else and if i get forgetful somewhere down the road.

Draven.

Last edited by Draven_Caine : 01-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

You! Are! Amazing!

I was fighting myself with this problem all day yesterday, and had just about given up, after searching the forums for hours. I had gotten as far, as being able to tell when the tierindicators were showing up, thinking i could resize the page at that point, but still didn't have a way of determining if it was above or below, that would need resizing.

This is great news and i can finish that piece tonight. Thanks a ton for the find.

.Regards

----

Ok, i may have to take back my accolades. I tried as you did, modifying v0, and it crashes. Modified v1, and it crashes. Loaded the defaultui, and modified v0, and it crashes. The only changes made were for Name -> TargetName .

Not sure how you're getting it to not crash. Would you mind posting your v0 code?

Last edited by DaemonSambe : 01-03-2011 at 09:22 PM.
Unread 01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
A Griffon

I can post the code but my target window is rather extensive as seen here.

I could post the part of the code that you need. Its only the v1 that crashes it if you change the element "Name" name. v0 is ok with this.

In shorthand for v0, change the element "Name" names to targetname, than use the OnSize to move it.

To determine what is v0 and v1 in game, go to your options in-game and under UI hit advanced, than look at your chat name bubbles. You should have 2 options here. Frames and detailed (might be wrong). Your first option is v0, and your 2nd option is v1.
Unread 01-03-2011, 11:37 PM
A Brown Bear

I understand what you did and what you're saying. But simply, changing either v0/v1 crashes the client. This is on both my custom target, as well as the defaultui's target. Just that one change to the name causes it to crash.

So, i'm looking for other possible reasons that your's may not be crashing.

.Regards

----

It's all good. I examined your ui from the picture and was able to determine the problem. It's also necessary to remove the Info element from the page. I suppose this is also part of the TierIndicator and was loading some dynamicdata. Removing that fixed v0. Don't know about v1 as yet.

The side-effect of this all, is that you loose the con-coloring information... which i'm now working to restore, using hidden pages and all. Using a hidden page also restores the up/down nature of the arrows, but it's a little better, in that it doesn't adjust the name itself, so i can compensate for that one way or another. For me, it's also important to acquire the con-colors, so it's a necessary evil.

Anyway, thanks again for the great find. Accolades restored !

.Regards

Last edited by DaemonSambe : 01-04-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Unread 01-04-2011, 09:31 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Did you guys try adding an OnMove element to them and setting their size/location that way? This works for the Effects icon area, but may not work for the tier indicator.
Unread 01-04-2011, 01:06 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Did you guys try adding an OnMove element to them and setting their size/location that way? This works for the Effects icon area, but may not work for the tier indicator.
I have tried all the effectors. Used the same math with all of them, and only OnSize mattered.
Unread 01-06-2011, 12:00 AM
A Griffon

As for the code of my window, the name still gives what color the mob is. I had to check it today. So all works good, but I use v1 while playing so haven't tested with v0 much.
Unread 01-06-2011, 06:15 PM
A Brown Bear

I'm at a loss on how you managed to get the con-color on your new Name element.
All of my attempts have failed, as it seems that /GameData.Target.Name doesn't include a Color attribute. I think it uses TextColor, but i can't find a filter for that. In any case, just using the DynamicData without a filter should give everything, but does not.
How did you get around that?

.Regards
Unread 01-08-2011, 08:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSambe View Post
I'm at a loss on how you managed to get the con-color on your new Name element.
All of my attempts have failed, as it seems that /GameData.Target.Name doesn't include a Color attribute. I think it uses TextColor, but i can't find a filter for that. In any case, just using the DynamicData without a filter should give everything, but does not.
How did you get around that?

.Regards
Greetings,
OK, i managed to play with the v0 tier enough to get it to be movable. I can help you with your tier issue but first:
  • what version are you using? (v0 or v1)
  • What exactly do you want to do with it?
I'll gladly help as much as I can.

Some notes:
v0
  • The up arrows are connected to the top of the name element.
  • The down arrows are connected to the bottom of the name element.
v1
  • The up arrows are connected to the top of the name element.
  • The down arrows are connected to the top of the name element.
Server-side included code is very tricky to alter, so its easiest to either don't touch it (which I don't do very well) or Just break it enough times lol.

Thanks,
Draven