EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 02-16-2010, 11:20 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Sentinel's Fate Issue Thread

Thought I would start a thread so those keeping this wonderful UI up and running can find issues in one place.

For me load screen after running patcher the 2nd screen is broken and displays strange stuff. This is only a cosmetic issue and sure its easy to fix.

Raid window still broken ??? Haven't tested but last beta it was.

Bottom bar will surely need some work

Persona Window still has some of the old stats listed those probally are easy to remove.

Quest Journal its still not possible to uncheck show quest helper.

Those are the ones I have noticed please post the things you find here as well and thanks Chrislau and Silat for keeping up with this.
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:30 AM
A Griffon

heres a screen of what we get window using quick raid buttons or click to cures from raid window
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000373.jpg
Views:	1014
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	7119  
Unread 02-16-2010, 06:34 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

Persona window is also broken, the ability modifier etc isnt showing correctly. Quick fix for that is to remove the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml from your profitui folder
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

I am starting to work on the issues.

Another one I noticed when really using it is that the font for the quest in the helper is way too large. Also want to try to make it easier to bring up the big journal window....right now you have to click on the quest names.

Silat of Nagafen
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Best regards!

Thank you to those who keep this UI updated! I couldn't play without it!
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:50 PM
A Coastal Crab

Updated UI and got several problems. Quest window gone. Spells wiped from my bars. Not having really used custom UIs in the past, I figured the last two maybe just happened when you update. However right after updating for SF, I now can't chat, not in guild/tell/group anything. It says it doesn't recognize the command.
Unread 02-16-2010, 11:09 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default riad buttons arent working for me either

I am getting the same message as papabard with the quick cures and heals. Hope a fix comes soon, I really enjoy this mod, if there is anything I can to do help plz ask!

Pabo
Crushbone
Templar
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:53 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I am not sure what has changed with the click to cure for the raid window...I spent a little bit troubleshooting this evening. Will look at it more tomorrow. I also have updated the stats display on the persona window. I just have to get it sent over to be put on the updater.

Silat of Nagafen
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:23 AM
A Brown Bear

Going out on a limb here but I'm guessing the click-to-cure issue in the raid is broken due to the name convention changes that were made so characters with the same name from different servers can play together in Battlegrounds. They would have to do something that takes into consideration that there might be two characters with the same name from different servers who end up in the same group or raid.
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:01 AM
A Griffon

I noticed the patcher is saying fixed raid window but no raid window is downloaded. Not sure if this is an oversight or not.

Also people in guild who had ran the patcher with that saying it fixed it still had broken quick buttons and cures but those that download the xml from this thread didn't.

Confirmed that I didn't have it set to ignore and checked directory. File is dated 12/24/2009 in Profit UI Folder.
Unread 02-19-2010, 02:54 AM
A Griffon

Some I noticed when using potions to cure.

Get 2 not in your spellbook or inventory messages and also an already casting. Am not sure what the fix for that was awhile back but know I saw one other than this is the 1st time I get the already casting message when using the newer potions.
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Some I noticed when using potions to cure.

Get 2 not in your spellbook or inventory messages and also an already casting. Am not sure what the fix for that was awhile back but know I saw one other than this is the 1st time I get the already casting message when using the newer potions.
Will see what I can do about that. I just checked and the correct revision of the raid window is on the patcher.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 02-19-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Will see what I can do about that. I just checked and the correct revision of the raid window is on the patcher.

Silat
Remember that the raid window has variants, i.e. you need to update the file in the .zip too (I don't know if you have or who is uploading, mentioning it just in case).
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks gm9, no I have not. But I am doing it now. I will have to start checking the variants too.
Unread 02-19-2010, 09:54 AM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Remember that the raid window has variants, i.e. you need to update the file in the .zip too (I don't know if you have or who is uploading, mentioning it just in case).
I knew I forgot something

Well someone has to provide those files then. Or give me a hint on what to edit.
Attached Files
File Type: zip _eq2ui_mainhud_raid (no cures, no QRB).zip (2.4 KB, 251 views)

Last edited by Kaldran : 02-19-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Unread 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw
Thumbs Up

i would just like to say its nice to see everyone pulling together to get theses bugs sorted for us who play eq2 and use all various custom UI's

Would like to thank you all !!!

Unread 02-19-2010, 11:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaldran View Post
I knew I forgot something

Well someone has to provide those files then. Or give me a hint on what to edit.
Just put Silat's updated file into _eq2ui_mainhud_raid (cures, QRB).zip, the other one does not need an update.
Unread 02-20-2010, 02:45 AM
A Griffon

heres a screen shot of the issue I mentioned when using potions to cure. Even though it throws up the already casting box it also still casts not sure of thats profit related or game relater.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000378.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	7139  
Unread 02-20-2010, 10:47 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown

My quest journal, active quest window, and all the new stat info in the persona bottom bar are still broken after the update. I've tried deleting the profit ui files and eq2.ini and reinstalling a few times but it's not becoming the current ui with all of the SF changes.
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:37 AM
A Griffon
Featured

It is not installed properly then. The most common cause of this seems to be installing SF with the eq2 cd and it putting it in a new directory. Make sure that is not the case.

Silat
Unread 02-20-2010, 11:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
heres a screen shot of the issue I mentioned when using potions to cure. Even though it throws up the already casting box it also still casts not sure of thats profit related or game relater.
I am looking through what I beleive is the pertinent code. I am not an actual UI modder so I am learning/deciphering as I go. I do understand XML from web app/site design but this is not quite the same ball of wax.

Silat
Unread 02-20-2010, 12:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Already casting message is expected if you have cure pots of two different tiers in your bags, since the code cannot actually see what's in your bags it's just trying them all from highest tier to lowest. That way the lower tier pots will not actually be used until you run out of the higher tier ones.

If it's not that I'll let Silat find out (must be hard to learn modding based on this UI btw because quite a few files are interdependent, props to you for taking it on!).
Unread 02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
A Brown Bear

I deleted the bottom bar and re-ran the profitui updater. My bottom bar still shows col: 99999 dis: 99999, etc. is that right, meaning the latest version?

Last edited by Zendi : 02-20-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Unread 02-21-2010, 09:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendi View Post
I deleted the bottom bar and re-ran the profitui updater. My bottom bar still shows col: 99999 dis: 99999, etc. is that right, meaning the latest version?
Nope that is not the latest version. Refer to the post above this one for various issues that can cause problems with the updater.

Silat
Unread 02-22-2010, 10:32 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
Nope that is not the latest version. Refer to the post above this one for various issues that can cause problems with the updater.

Silat
Ok, I did a clean install, deleted uisettings, and bottom bar is still jacked up. Persona window is fine fyi.

Resists still showing 99999 for all. I did not download using DVD's, used patcher to install SF, so no directory issue. My bottom bar looks just like Renna's in post #75.

Last edited by Zendi : 02-22-2010 at 10:38 AM.