Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-26-2010, 09:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default TextInput and OnChange in the broker

Hey all...

Anyone ever have trouble messing with the Broker presets and how they populate the text fields when selected?

It seems applying an OnChange property to a textbox only triggers when you manually type in it... which seems odd. I tried forcing some code by using the OnSelect property in my dropdown, but it triggers the code before the textfield even gets populated!

Any suggestions? I'm just trying to copy the text that gets sent to the TextInput to another one when it gets changed/populated.
Unread 11-27-2010, 03:02 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I tried making a Text element which receives the SelectedItemIndex when something is selected from the dropdown via OnChange.

Then within the Text I do an OnTextChanged event and echo to the chat window the values.

The problem is this is still inefficient as it will echo the text contained in the textinput fields before they get updated. So if I switch between Selection A and Selection B, it will echo the text from the previous one every time.
And OnTextChanged doesn't seem to ever fire when being filled in with data from the dropdowns....

*edit*
Well after many unsuccessful attempts, I just reverted to how I load custom settings when loading the game/changing characters. I use a Text element tied to the /GameData.General.Time and set it to update the field when the DD updates, and then clear the OnTextChanged property afterward. It has a very small delay to text appearing, but it's working well enough.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 11-27-2010 at 04:05 AM.