EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 07-03-2006, 11:52 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Blackburrow
Default UIBuilder saving question

Is there anyway to save only the files that you changed. Every time I save I have 177 files in my ui folder even if I had only the eq2ui.ini to start with.
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Not that I know of It saves a crap load of files no matter what you do. You can open up a UI and save with out doing any thing and it saves random files.
Unread 07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

that is just the designers being lazy....it would not take that much time to make the program do a check to see what files have been changed and it save only them. I see now why some time some files do not get put into a patch for a mod....lol
Unread 07-03-2006, 03:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by xriscarter
that is just the designers being lazy....it would not take that much time to make the program do a check to see what files have been changed and it save only them.
Actually UIbuilder will only save changed files. However, it should have a setting to not save files that were not in the custom UI directory before - of course it is SOE's program and they don't have to care about custom UI's.

If you look at the file menu, there is an export function for single files, but it says something like "not implemented yet" since editor was released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xriscarter
I see now why some time some files do not get put into a patch for a mod....lol
Hehe, that is exactly the reason (at least in my case). I sometimes accidentally delete those files before moving them to my separate release directory.
Unread 07-03-2006, 06:18 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

If it only saves changed filles then why does it save all of these files....

That is when i deleted all the files but the eq2ui_buttonstyles and eq2ui. Then I opened the eq2ui and is im myui folder then righ when it loaded I saved it. I did not make and change. Even if I make any change at all I always get 177 files....so do not understand what you mean when you said....

Quote:
Actually UIbuilder will only save changed files.
I though that you ment that UIBuilder would only save files that you make changes to that are not exactly the same as the ones that you loaded. In my case since all the files were default except for two then it should not save the other xml and font files since they are not changed. Unless just opening a file is a change.....
Unread 07-03-2006, 06:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry if I was not clear.

UIbuilder only saves changed files, and it does so by comparing the UI it has in memory to the files in your customUI directory. If your customUI directory does not contain all files used by the UI, it will create those additional files, since the comparison between the file in memory and the non-existing file shows a difference.

That's why I said that it should have an option to only save files that were already present in the customUI directory.
Unread 07-03-2006, 08:03 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

OK thanks for the information on this topic man, and to bad it is not open source
Unread 08-05-2006, 08:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

The way I use the UIBuilder, I make all my custom files read-only. Then, the one xml file I'm working on I switch to be writable. When saving in the UIBuilder it will give you a lot of errors because there are a lot of files it will try to save that are write-protected. After all that I sort all the UI files by date and delete all the new ones except the one file I was editing. Kind of a pain but it works for me.
Unread 08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

If I ever save in the UI build witch is seldom. I'll make a dummy text file named zzzzzz.text. Open up windows explorer to the ui's directory and then saved. Now all saved files are listed below the zzzzz.txt file. I then delete all the trash files it tries to save. Othesus's way is good to, I've never thought about that
Unread 08-06-2006, 03:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'm basically doing what you are doing, Landiin, only that the ui.log file created by UIbuilder is my reference, it's always the last file anyway.