EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Combining multiple windows in one?

I've looked in every place I can think of, and can't find any info on if this is possible or not, any imput appreciated.

I'd like to make a new window that includes the Player, Group, Target and Implied target, AA xp and adventure xp windows. I know some windows are hardcoded and can not be combined with other windows, so I'm wondering if these are some of them?

Thanks for any insight
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
I've looked in every place I can think of, and can't find any info on if this is possible or not, any imput appreciated.

I'd like to make a new window that includes the Player, Group, Target and Implied target, AA xp and adventure xp windows. I know some windows are hardcoded and can not be combined with other windows, so I'm wondering if these are some of them?

Thanks for any insight
In eXtremeUI I combine The player window and maintained window into the start button. As long as the gamedate is there you can combine what ever you want into one window. I wouldn't create a new window for doing this though I would pick one of the normal windows and combine into it because its pos and things are saved in the uisettings.ini file.
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:13 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I was thinking of basing everything off of the group window, and have the others placed around it. Thanks for the quick reply and help, much appreciated!
Guess my next hurdle is to figure out the name of the image I'm wanting to use lol.
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I wouldn't create a new window for doing this though I would pick one of the normal windows and combine into it because its pos and things are saved in the uisettings.ini file.
New windows (not included with the default UI) will also save their location, size and opacity in your user preferences file.

I'd use on of the existing windows because the includes for extra UI pieces tend to wander off and get lost (at least for me) but never had trouble with them not saving.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

What I'm trying to do is use the Group window and space it so the first three group members are on one side of an image while the last 2 are to the right of it. Going to attempt using margins for it *crosses fingers*. Then just place the rest of them above that and below. I was going to try to mostly redo the enitre group window, keeping with the same sizes if possible, cause I'm a bit too new at this and it takes me a very long time to make a whole new window lol. Not sure what you mean about the extra includes going missing though. Guess I should have said revamping the group window to fit a bunch of others instead of "making a new one", I just ment that I want to use a new image to fit those pieces into rather than just a plain frame with them all seperate.

Also, I've found I don't know the actual name of the image I want to use. I know the name of the .tga file but not the one for the specific piece... Is there a program I can dig thru that image with that won't mess up opaquities and such? Photoshop doesn't seem to do it w/o causing that, but again, I'm very new to this and know nothing about image editing.

Thanks again for all the help! Much appreciated!
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:54 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about the extra includes going missing though.
You won't have to worry about it since you're modifying the group window. But when you make entirely new windows like the info center, or the map spoiler, or my timer window you have to add an include line to tell the game to load this additional file. Those lines tend to get overwritten a lot and instead of your nice pretty window, you just get a black square where the window should be.

Sorry, I can't give you any graphic editting tips. I do not use any custom graphics in my interfaces even though i do consider it from time to time. Good luck with your mod.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks! Ya I do know what you mean, I've had the black windows before

I've got the image showing in game now, and the group members showing up, but I'm finding it won't let me place the members where I want them in the window, it still fills the group from left to right with like 1 pixel between the member box... Do you know of a way to stop this? I've tried setting them each to fixed,fixed, setting the locations of each, but it completely ignores this and continues the default grp fill. Also, the disband and lfg buttons, they are staying to the right of each window, making it hang outside of the image/window.. I was wanting to make it go to where the next group member *should* go, but now I'm thinking maybe have it sit at the bottom of the window and disappear once the grp is full. Those buttons aren't hard coded to be where they are .. are they? lol

I should probably go make a back up of this files before I mess it up beyond repair lol
Thanks again for your help!
Unread 05-19-2006, 07:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ok, little update on this, I've managed to get the individual group member windows positioned where I want by using a frame to hold them there, however it will not update with the members that join, it just has the GroupMember1 tag on it. It was updating when someone joined before I added the frames, so I assume that this is something thats not going to work.

Basically I've set it up with group member1 on the left of an image and group member2 on the right of the image, the member 3 under member 1 etc... So:

1 2
3 4
Is the set up. Then I have the lfg, invite etc buttons under member 4, however, member 5 and the group buttons will not show up lol.

Margins, spacing nothing else worked to seperate the member windows how I wanted, and obviously this isn't working, so if anyone has any insight as to how I can fix this mess I've made, I would greatly appreciate it!

Also, if an in game pic of this would help, or the code for it so you can look it over, I'd be happy to do so.

Again, thanks for any further help on this!
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

If you are using the group window as your base window, don't change any of the names or parent child relationships with the current window. You can move them around location wise and/or resize them but the names and parent child relationships of the page objects and the objects inside the pages must must stay the same. Otherwise you will brake the hard coding of the game and have to add the aproprate(sp) dynamic data to each object.

To get the a page to show that has say group member 1's info in it that is changed from default. You will have to set the dynamicdata to /gamedata.group.groupmember1.window that's assuming that the dynamicdata actually works. Some of the group dynamic data doesn't work by the way.
Unread 05-20-2006, 12:26 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
If you are using the group window as your base window, don't change any of the names or parent child relationships with the current window. You can move them around location wise and/or resize them but the names and parent child relationships of the page objects and the objects inside the pages must must stay the same. Otherwise you will brake the hard coding of the game and have to add the aproprate(sp) dynamic data to each object.

To get the a page to show that has say group member 1's info in it that is changed from default. You will have to set the dynamicdata to /gamedata.group.groupmember1.window that's assuming that the dynamicdata actually works. Some of the group dynamic data doesn't work by the way.
I haven't changed any parent/child references, I've tried everything I can think of to seperate each member window, but they still fill in as people join grp in the default method, none of my placements are changed. I made two new windows and put the members info where I wanted them, and it will show up in game, however it gives me the "longestnameposs" info and stays visable, when someone joins grp, it stays that way. Members F2 thru F5 show, but F6 will not.

Here is what I used to make the new window to "hold" them in place:
Code:
<Page AbsorbsInput="false" Location="5,7" Name="GroupBox1" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0005/0001,0007/0001" ScrollExtent="107,230" Size="107,230">
I have two of these, the other named "GroupBox2", members 1, 3, and 5 are in grp1 and members 2 and 4, the grp buttons are in grp 2.
I'm making this with FetishUI (if that info is needed).
Also, the image is one from a EQ1 UI, SarsUI. I can post a screenie of what its doing if that helps.

Last edited by Savie : 05-20-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 05-20-2006, 03:34 PM
A Griffon

The group window is a strange bird. It behaves like a volumepage even though it is not. At least it does for the group members. I've never tried adding anything additional to it.

But, the short version is as you change the size and shape of the group window, the game client (in my experience) sets the locations of the group members according to its own inscrutable logic. I'm not sure if there's any way to prevent it.
Unread 05-20-2006, 04:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Guess I'll have to figure out how to edit the image and place it inthe the grp window rather than the other way around.

Thanks for you help on this, much appreciated.
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
A Griffon
Featured

When changing the nesting of the group window, what is the correct command to use so it pulls in the members data? I'm not able to find this, and the lines I've tried aren't working Thanks for any help!

Edit: Added in the xml for the group window if that will help.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (36.0 KB, 235 views)

Last edited by Savie : 05-21-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
When changing the nesting of the group window, what is the correct command to use so it pulls in the members data? I'm not able to find this, and the lines I've tried aren't working Thanks for any help!
For the group member 1 name you would do:

<Text Location="1,1" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NoramalStyle" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_1.Name" DynamicDataFilter="0006" Size="16,45">longestnameposs</Text>

DynamicDataFilter="0006" Tells the game to filter out every thing but the text and the tooltip.
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
DynamicDataFilter="0006" Tells the game to filter out every thing but the text and the tooltip.
Will this force it to pull the info for all 5 members? Or will I need to add that to each one. Also, they are sitting in a frame, that I added in, will I not need to add parent info for that window if using the DD filter?

Sorry for all the stupid questions
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Will this force it to pull the info for all 5 members? Or will I need to add that to each one. Also, they are sitting in a frame, that I added in, will I not need to add parent info for that window if using the DD filter?

Sorry for all the stupid questions
Yes you will need to add the DD info for each object that you want to reflect a group members data. As long as you directly call the DD it doesnt ( shouldn't) matter where you place the object it should pull that data from the game and display it.
Unread 05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ok, I'm obviously retarded cause I'm not getting this lol.

I tried that line between these two:

<Page Activated="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Name="Frame" OnShow="parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true" ScrollExtent="111,224" Size="111,224">

<Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" Location="3,7" Name="GroupMember1" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0003/0001,0007/0001" ScrollExtent="105,39" Size="105,39">

And also after the second line, and neither worked

It still shows like the pic below in game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000037.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	4928  
Unread 05-21-2006, 03:22 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

<Page Activated="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Name="Frame" OnShow="parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true" ScrollExtent="111,224" Size="111,224">

There isn't any need to set the GroupMembers.visible property because GroupMembers is the main window and should already be visible.

Being you made GroupMember1-GroupMember5 a child of Frame and not GroupMembers you need to add DynamicData to the Objects nested in GroupMember1-GroupMember5 that don't already have DynamicData assigned to them

example for members 1 name:

you have

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#FF0000" BackgroundOpacity="0.275" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="GroupMember" Margin="12,-1,0,0" Name="Name" PackLocation="top,left" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="107,15" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.Outline1" Size="107,15" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">GroupMember</Text>

should look like

<Text AbsorbsInput="false" BackgroundColor="#FF0000" BackgroundOpacity="0.275" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_1.Name" Font="/Fetish.Fonts.FontArial14T" LocalText="GroupMember" Margin="12,-1,0,0" Name="Name" PackLocation="top,left" PackLocationProp="0000/0001,0000/0001" ScrollExtent="107,15" ShadowStyle="/ShadowStyles.Outline1" Size="107,15" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">GroupMember</Text>

Last edited by Landiin : 05-21-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Unread 05-21-2006, 05:15 PM
A Griffon

BTW, pretty sharp looking group window. Definitely appeals to my taste. I definitely want to see it when you're done
Unread 05-22-2006, 12:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well, I never could get that line of code to work lol, but I did manage a work around so I can have the members placed where I want them, I had to settle for a verticle list of them though

I ended up having to break the window into 3 parts in order for it to work, I'm using a minimize button to toggle the other two parts on and off, but I'm having trouble using Onhoverin/out commands to show and hide it. It's there when I log in, but once I mouse over it disappears, and you can't click it lol. Is there a way for that to even work? Or can only certain buttons use this command?

I appreciate all the help you've given me so far, the window is actually looking pretty good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mother9987
BTW, pretty sharp looking group window. Definitely appeals to my taste. I definitely want to see it when you're done
I'll be sure to post it so you can take a look once I finish it

Last edited by Savie : 05-22-2006 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Spelling =/
Unread 05-22-2006, 07:39 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Honestly there's nothing I can see in your 2 across layout that should require changing the basic structure of the Group window. The default window is setup to resize similar to a Hotkey window, with layouts anywhere from horizontal, 3x2, 2x3, vertical, etc.

Of course you can force it to use a specific layout but unless you're doing something asymmetrical, why remove the resize functionality?
Unread 05-23-2006, 07:58 AM
A Griffon
Featured

OK so I tested this window last night, its mostly done, just a few more things to add (placements, resists, buttons etc...). Its ok I guess, but I can't fade the window seperately from the image, due to the fact that I could only get this to work by adding the image as part of the window... if that makes any sense. Here is a screenie of it, like I said it still looks rough

Its way too big and bulky for Fetish Nightfall imo tho, so maybe I can do something about that, maybe not lol.

It's so early Hope this all made sense.

Edit: The player window isn't part of it, but just how I wanted the setup, that is how SarsUI looked...... kinda
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sarsgrp.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	4931  
Unread 05-23-2006, 10:08 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Lucan DLere

Nice work Kerianah! I've been trying to do something real simalar to this. I'm using Nightfall's group window and smashing it into a Healer-esk Hud. Keep up the good work. Oh and thanks for posting your problems. There getting answers and that means I don't have to ask. =) I'm having issues too.
Unread 05-23-2006, 07:13 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Ok so to achieve the pictured vertical layout with effect icons on the right here's what needs to be changed in the Nightfall group window.

1) resize and reposition effect icons and their associated cure buttons.

2) resize the member pages (shorter and wider)

3) reposition the member pages so they don't overlap.

4) reposition buttons in the member LFG pages

5) Rezise the window, frame and background

If you don't change anything else, the window should still be resizable in game for 6x1, 3x2, 2x3, 1x6 layouts.
Unread 05-24-2006, 03:09 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

Just a warning -- I don't think you'll be able to integrate fully-functional player window into group window. It seems that certain things are hardcoded to original player window (such as tooltip and click-to-target).

You can see the problems I've had over there: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6164