EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-05-2008, 10:15 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Permafrost
Default Tooltip on click-cures in group window

I use the horizontal group window, and I have noticed a semi-annoying issue with it. Perhaps someone can point me toward a way to fix it for myself, or let me know if this would be better suited as suggestion to gm9.

When hovering the mouse over the click-cures, the tool tip describing the problem that the icon will cure (I.E. Cure Trauma) blocks the view of some or nearly all of the health/power bars for the person you are curing. This requires you to move the mouse elsewhere to keep an eye on their health... which is what you need to be doing if you are the designated healer (the people who will mostly be using the click cures in the first place). It nearly doubles the amount of "Whack-a-mole" needed to do the job.

Now personally, I don't think the tool tip is needed at all, as what they do is fairly intuitive in my opinion. I would like to see them removed, or maybe have an option somewhere to turn those tool tips off. But perhaps simply changing the relative position of the tip from being above the mouse to being below it would suffice.

-Ged

P.S. Has anyone else noticed this... or is it just me?

P.P.S. I'll try to get a screen shot showing the issue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tooltip.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	6364  

Last edited by Gedron : 04-05-2008 at 10:32 PM. Reason: adding picture
Unread 04-05-2008, 11:28 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I think this is a client thing, not a UI one. Tooltip display is controlled in the game's UI options, and I don't think a custom UI can disable tooltips if the user's enabled them. It might be possible to remove the Tooltip attribute with the displayed text, but the game might find some default to put in there.
Unread 04-06-2008, 04:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Tooltips cannot be positioned via the UI for specific windows - there are some global options for that in the game options window however (Alt-O).

Tooltips can be turned off via the UI. I might make that an option one day. Please submit it as a feature request on the portal, otherwise I'm sure to forget about it.
Unread 04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
A Berserk Golem

Just curious gm9,

Would disabling those tooltips (as the proposed UI feature you might add someday) mean disabling them globaly?

-Ged
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:08 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, I have to configure tooltips individually for every UI element, ie in this case for all 30 cure icons.

I think you can probably disable them globally in the game options.
Unread 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
A Berserk Golem

Oh, I'll definitely be looking forward to that feature.

Having to do without all of the other tooltips would not have been worth it for me (I only have one healer, and don't play him all that much)

[edit] Feature Request has been added

Last edited by Gedron : 04-08-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Unread 06-26-2009, 05:55 AM
A Darkpaw Brute
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quick workaround:
open eq2_recent.ini
look for cl_tooltip_delay
add some trailing Zeros (ofc you can specify a more reasonable value)
make file write protected otherwise the value gets resetted to 100
restart everqust 2.

-> No more tooltips (at all) given the requirement you do not hold the pointer hovered over the button for the time of several hours. Note: Other tooltips are affected, too.

Yeah sorry for late reply, but this hopefully satisfies the need.

As this is a workaround solution only you have to remove the file write protection before making any further changes to the options or they will not be saved for the next eq2 restart

Last edited by dx2 : 06-26-2009 at 05:57 AM.