EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 03-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Butcherblock
Default Tradeskill Event Trigger?

First, I am not trying to create anything automated.

Questions:
  • Is there an OnEvent or other trigger for +Progress, -Progress, +Durability, or -Durability events in EQ2 crafting system? I notice these are not logged.
  • Is there any other trigger for the beginning or end of a crafting round?
Purpose:

I would like to make an obvious countdown bar *behind* the "Event" box in the Tradeskill Crafting window that lights up at the beginning or end of each round. Basically, I want to use status bars as a "border" around the Event box as a more obvious indicator of the 3.75 second timer between crafting rounds.

I'm not sure if I would start 100% orange and shrink down to 0% after 3.75 seconds, or vice versa, but it would be a more visual indicator. With lag, it can be hard to tell when a new round starts, and the only real indicator is to watch the blue/green bars shrink/grow, or to watch the crafting table to see if numbers float up.

My technical difficulties here are 3.75 second countdown timer, and triggering it off an event which as far as I can tell is NOT logged. I'm talking about the numbers of +durability -durability +progress -progress that float up from the table after each crafting round.

I really like Caffeine's EasyView crafting window here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info3787-CaffeineBoysEasyviewEventsProgressWTradeskillXPManabar.html

(surprised it hasn't gotten more attention)

And would add my idea to this UI, if it's possible.

Last edited by feldon30 : 03-06-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by feldon30 View Post
First, I am not trying to create anything automated.

Questions:
  • Is there an OnEvent or other trigger for +Progress, -Progress, +Durability, or -Durability events in EQ2 crafting system? I notice these are not logged.
  • Is there any other trigger for the beginning or end of a crafting round?
Purpose:

I would like to make an obvious countdown bar *behind* the "Event" box in the Tradeskill Crafting window that lights up at the beginning or end of each round. Basically, I want to use status bars as a "border" around the Event box as a more obvious indicator of the 3.75 second timer between crafting rounds.

I'm not sure if I would start 100% orange and shrink down to 0% after 3.75 seconds, or vice versa, but it would be a more visual indicator. With lag, it can be hard to tell when a new round starts, and the only real indicator is to watch the blue/green bars shrink/grow, or to watch the crafting table to see if numbers float up.

My technical difficulties here are 3.75 second countdown timer, and triggering it off an event which as far as I can tell is NOT logged. I'm talking about the numbers of +durability -durability +progress -progress that float up from the table after each crafting round.

I really like Caffeine's EasyView crafting window here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info3787-CaffeineBoysEasyviewEventsProgressWTradeskillXPManabar.html

(surprised it hasn't gotten more attention)

And would add my idea to this UI, if it's possible.
I posted a patch for that tradeskill window to make it dov compatible. I like the look of that window as well.

As for the meat of your post I'm sure doing what you want is possiible. Refer to here: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...72&postcount=4 but as in that thread timer accuracy would be a small issue. Maybe make an onshow effector for the event icon to trigger the timer so it would start after the first event populated since they always show at the begin of the cycle.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 03-06-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Unread 03-07-2011, 12:28 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I forget if there is an OnChanged even trigger for progress bars. If there was this would be easily doable.
Unread 03-25-2011, 08:10 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Butcherblock

TalTal,

Thank you so much for updating the Tradeskill UI for DoV.

I'm pretty good with PHP/MySQL, but the EQ2 UI files really make my head spin. I guess because of the enormous amount of tricks required just to do simple things.