EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 12-24-2010, 11:33 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A few questions/problems

Hey Drumstix thanks for making such a great UI. I appreciate the work you have put into it. I have a few questions to throw your way.

Whenever I am switch to an alt and use the "/load_uisettings" to grab the layout that I have been tweaking from my main, the menu bar dissapears. I used the "/show_window MainHUD.startbutton" command to try and get it to show back up and instead of showing the configured menu bar, an unconfigured one pops up in the middle of the screen. I've figured out that if I load the settings and restart the game all is well. (The configured menu bar shows back up). Any insight on this?

Also, click to cure seems to be casting cure twice. All the cure settings are default and I can't figure out why it is doing this. (For reference I have Smart casting, placeholder, and show tooltips enabled as options)

Last thing: Is there a way to have a setting that enables Chat Text Shadows? Having to check the box everytime I swap chars/log in gets kinda old.

-Smackban
Unread 12-25-2010, 02:42 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I've yet to experience the problem of the Menu Bar disappearing when using the /load_uisettings command on new toons.
An unfortunately side effect of using this command, is it will copy the stat bar's configuration since it is saved in the UIsettings file.

Make sure you are typing this command with proper uppercase letters:
/show_window MainHUD.StartButton
It's possible that the UI layout that you are "copying" from is screwd up somehow, but I'm not sure why that would be.

As for cures casting twice, this may be a UI bug in which the first button you press will actually trigger twice, but after that it should only fire once. If not lemme know. I use the quick cast and quick cure buttons somewhat infrequently. I'm more of a keyboard user.

As for the chat window, I've had it on the to-do list to make the shadows option save between session, just hadn't quite got to it yet. Look for it next update.
Unread 12-26-2010, 02:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
I've yet to experience the problem of the Menu Bar disappearing when using the /load_uisettings command on new toons.
An unfortunately side effect of using this command, is it will copy the stat bar's configuration since it is saved in the UIsettings file.

Make sure you are typing this command with proper uppercase letters:
/show_window MainHUD.StartButton
It's possible that the UI layout that you are "copying" from is screwd up somehow, but I'm not sure why that would be.
Well now that I said something I cannot get it to happen again. All is well!

Quote:
As for cures casting twice, this may be a UI bug in which the first button you press will actually trigger twice, but after that it should only fire once. If not lemme know. I use the quick cast and quick cure buttons somewhat infrequently. I'm more of a keyboard user.
I'm not sure what your asking here but I'm still having the problem. Clicking to cure results in me casting cure twice everytime.

Quote:
As for the chat window, I've had it on the to-do list to make the shadows option save between session, just hadn't quite got to it yet. Look for it next update.
Sounds great!

And here is another one to throw your way. When I change the game from fullscreen to windowed (alt+tab or alt+enter) the entire UI goes MIA. Easily remedied by going fullscreen again. As I frequently use an external browser or fiddle with other programs, this kinda gets me. Any ideas?
Unread 12-26-2010, 05:04 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Switching from full screen to windowed is very strange with EQ2. I'd recommend trying to do a /load_uisettings and select your current character when in windowed mode to see if it fixes.

From what I can tell the UI layout has a windowed and fullscreen position save.
Because of this quirkiness I switched to playing in windowed mode a long time ago, with the screen stretched to (almost) the whole monitor.

I'll look into the Cures thing.
Unread 01-10-2011, 07:26 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I think the problem with my start menu bar disappearing during commands and another problem where the UI was not available in windowed mode had something to do with resolution settings and the settings tool through the launcher.

Click to cure still casting twice. Repeats any say commands in the cure command also. Seems just to be executing it twice all together, anytime. Any ideas or need me to look into it further for troubleshooting?
Unread 01-15-2011, 07:21 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Found the problem with the missing UI in windowed mode. It only occurs when my "graphics resolution" is set on 1/max (Found under display>performance when advanced options are enabled). I set it to .98 and the UI showed up in windowed mode. Maybe that can give you some ideas on the problems (or tell SoE how to fix their problems hehe).

I fixed the problem with double click to cure actions by clearing the commands box, saving (with a blank field) and going back in and defaulting (previously hitting default did not fix it, had to clear the field and save before it fixed).

Hope this info helps.
Unread 01-15-2011, 09:49 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Take back the double cures being fixed. Its back to doubling the command.
Unread 01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackban View Post
Take back the double cures being fixed. Its back to doubling the command.
I can't seem to reproduce this problem on my end on either the Player window or the Group window. Not too sure what this occuring. Are you using the updater or the manual download? Are you completely up-to-date?

Does this happen on all cure button types? Dose it have with the normal click buttons?

Trying my best to diagnose the problem on my end, but am having trouble doing so
Unread 01-17-2011, 04:45 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Auto updater, completely up to date, only file ignored is eq2.ini.

Happens in the group and raid windows on all types of cures. Don't use the player window so not sure on that part.

I'm going to delete/rename the files that contain the click to cure and run the updater to see if that fixes it.
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Just wanted to mention that using the Player Window and clicking the quick cure button with the mouse (Only have the Cure spell selected being a Warden), does cause Cure to be cast twice. I only did this as a test to see if it also happens for me and it does.

Normally I just hit "9" to cast Cure from my Hot Bar.

BTW, I do use the Auto Updater so I'm using the latest. I swear I remember some recent GU added some kind of C2C functionality to the default UI.. wonder if this is interfering. Oh yeah: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/p...opic_id=488352

With my alt that uses potions, I've always received an "already casting" message after clicking an icon like it's trying to cast it twice. I've just kind of ignored it.
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:31 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yes you can switch to the SOE's commands using the DrumsUI parameters (SELECTED, MYSELF), and I'll be switching the default cure buttons to use those commands.

As for the double curing I'll have to look into it more, as it's very strange that this is happening. Mysstie, can you see if it's happening in the DrumsUI group window as well if you are using that?
Unread 01-21-2011, 12:03 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Finally tracked down the bug, and it wasn't either of your own doing.
The "double cure" bug only occurs when Smart Curing is turned on. Ironic I know, but it was just a simple mistake in the code.

Fixed for next release (which should be in a day or two).