EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 11-17-2015, 11:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default DrumsUI - Terrors of Thalumbra update

Hey all,

No update yet, but I plan on updating the gfx files to support the expansion changes.

I've not heard of any window being specifically broken, but I assume I'll have to fix the Examine window in some capacity.
I'll do my best to fix it this weekend. I'll appreciate any testing (probably Friday evening or Saturday).

This will probably be one of the last updates I personally provide.
Unread 11-18-2015, 06:08 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

the only thing so far i've noticed is the tithe window having no background. its still functional, just no background, and for some reason guild xp isn't showing correctly.

Last edited by diashto : 11-18-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Unread 11-18-2015, 10:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Crushbone
Default Impact on Deity Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by diashto View Post
the only thing so far i've noticed is the tithe window having no background. its still functional, just no background, and for some reason guild xp isn't showing correctly.
There is also an issue with the new Deity Window, it would appear the DrumsUI is preventing the backdrop from loading - not sure why.
Unread 11-19-2015, 02:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Default Yeah!!!

I can confirm Both , the Tithe ( Deity) window and the Equipment Infusion Window all have no Background.
Malathion Deathstalker, Necromancer
Caerdic Aethelwulf, Guardian
Knights of The Sable Lion Guild
Skyfire Server
Unread 11-19-2015, 04:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Work around to the missing backdrop/transparent window is to delete/rename windowelements.dds in UI/DrumsUI/Images folder and put the file on ignore in the Drums Updater.
Unread 11-20-2015, 07:44 PM
A Grove Wisp

On merchants, where we had a tab called 'Buy Back' now that tab always reads 'Repair' for me.
Unread 11-21-2015, 12:43 AM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Yeah the merchant window needs looking at. Here's way Drums is:

Code:
        <DataSource Name="TabSource">
            <Data Name="Buy" text="Buy" />
            <Data Name="Sell" text="Sell" />
            <Data Name="Repair" target="P3" text="Repair" />
            <Data Name="Reforge" target="SomeWidget" text="Reforge" />
            <Data Name="Restore" target="SomeWidget" text="Restore" />
            <Data Name="SpellLottery" text="Spell Transcribing" />
            <Data Name="Buyback" text="Buy Back" />
        </DataSource>
Here's the default with an extra "upgrade" tab:

Code:
        <DataSource Name="TabSource">
            <Data Name="Buy" text=":377c9c4214202474:    Buy   " />
            <Data Name="Sell" text=":377c9c42d93e8912:   Sell   " />
            <Data Name="Repair" target="P3" text=":377c9c427d069a35:   Repair   " />
            <Data Name="Reforge" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2bebbbc6f7c7:Reforge" />
            <Data Name="Upgrade" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2beb8724b279:Upgrade" />
            <Data Name="Restore" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2bebb795e99c:Restore" />
            <Data Name="SpellLottery" text=":377c9c4254025d8d:Spell Transcribing" />
            <Data Name="Buyback" text=":377c9c424e61d892:Buy Back" />
        </DataSource>
I don't know if just changing this bit of code is enough, probably not. I tried it and the Sell window tab comes up empty on some merchants. I'll test the default out with the merchants to see what it should look like.

I changed the line right below the above code to:

Code:
        <TabbedPane ActiveTab="0" DataSource="TabSource" Location="4,6" Name="TabPane" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="300,36" Size="300,36" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.tab_data.tabbed_pane_style" />
So that the last tab button wouldn't get chopped of at a reforger.

Last edited by Mysstie : 11-21-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Unread 11-21-2015, 06:23 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Aerakyn Race Wing Appearance

First I want to start off by thanking you for all the time and effort you put into this UI. Now to business! The Aerakyn Race wing appearance option that allows you to swap between the 4 different appearance wing types isn't available in Drums UI, only the default UI under the appearance tab. While the workaround is to simply load the original UI, change the wings, then load drums back up, sometimes the change goes back to the default wings. I love drums UI and would like to see this implemented as well.
Thanks!
Unread 11-21-2015, 06:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summguy View Post
First I want to start off by thanking you for all the time and effort you put into this UI. Now to business! The Aerakyn Race wing appearance option that allows you to swap between the 4 different appearance wing types isn't available in Drums UI, only the default UI under the appearance tab. While the workaround is to simply load the original UI, change the wings, then load drums back up, sometimes the change goes back to the default wings. I love drums UI and would like to see this implemented as well.
Thanks!
Thanks for the callout, I'll check into this as well.
Unread 11-22-2015, 03:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I just updated the DrumsUI Updater files with my changes. please see the Updater thread for the notes.

I will wait to update the Manual version when I hear some feedback, and fix any bugs.

Thanks!
Unread 11-23-2015, 04:59 AM
A Brown Bear

Default Feedback

Deity window now has the correct backdrop image.

Merchant window now has correct names on the tabs and the tabs seem to be the appropriate tabs for the merchant type, eg merchant, mender, reforger etc.

Examine window now works with crashing the EQ2 client.

Drums, thanks for the update.

Last edited by flameweaver : 11-23-2015 at 05:18 AM.
Unread 11-23-2015, 07:16 PM
A Brown Bear

Would there be any way that you could make an xp bar for the tithe points? Somethign that could integrate with the regular xp bar?
Unread 11-23-2015, 10:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by diashto View Post
Would there be any way that you could make an xp bar for the tithe points? Somethign that could integrate with the regular xp bar?
The XP bar on the Updater/Full release has been updated so that the previous PVP xp bar is the Tithe xp bar.

Just resize your window until you see it, or click on the gem to toggle to the xp bar you want.
Unread 11-24-2015, 05:57 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
The XP bar on the Updater/Full release has been updated so that the previous PVP xp bar is the Tithe xp bar.

Just resize your window until you see it, or click on the gem to toggle to the xp bar you want.
Hrm.. this is what I see on my screen:

adventure, TS, AA all seem to display fine.. I thought the red bar was guild xp, but that's not been updating correctly at all (guild is currently lvl 120), and I have no idea what the red 4.2% is representing because i have no XP debt.
Unread 11-24-2015, 09:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameweaver View Post
Deity window now has the correct backdrop image.

Merchant window now has correct names on the tabs and the tabs seem to be the appropriate tabs for the merchant type, eg merchant, mender, reforger etc.

Examine window now works with crashing the EQ2 client.

Drums, thanks for the update.
I'm having a different experience with the deity window.. it actually has icons now, which helps. But it still does not have a background (window is transparent). The infusion tab (same window, different tab) is missing a background as well. It's also missing the icon on the left for where to drag the item for infusing. I don't know if anything else is missing from that window, or if there are any other bugs, as I have not attempted to infuse anything.

The merchant window does work again, from what I've seen.

Never had the issue with the examine window crashing my client.
Unread 11-24-2015, 10:25 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasen View Post
I'm having a different experience with the deity window.. it actually has icons now, which helps. But it still does not have a background (window is transparent). The infusion tab (same window, different tab) is missing a background as well. It's also missing the icon on the left for where to drag the item for infusing. I don't know if anything else is missing from that window, or if there are any other bugs, as I have not attempted to infuse anything.

The merchant window does work again, from what I've seen.

Never had the issue with the examine window crashing my client.
Whoops, typo, should have said examine window works WITHOUT crashing the client.

Right now the game is down for an update but definitely didn't have any issues with merchant and deity/infusion windows earlier this morning. Maybe run the DrumsUI updater and check which files you have on ignore.

Last edited by flameweaver : 11-24-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Unread 11-24-2015, 10:52 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameweaver View Post
Whoops, typo, should have said examine window works WITHOUT crashing the client.

Right now the game is down for an update but definitely didn't have any issues with merchant and deity/infusion windows earlier this morning. Maybe run the DrumsUI updater and check which files you have on ignore.
I only have three files ignored: eq2map_ignorelist.xml, eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml, and eq2ui_inventory_market.xml. iirc, one or two of those are related to the eq2maps POIs, and that's why they're ignored. The other was for something with the broker window that i can't remember right now, but it'd be weird if they were making the deity+infusion window be transparent or missing icons.

One of my friends also has the same issue I have, so I'm unsure how yours is working and ours isn't.
Unread 11-24-2015, 08:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Default UI colors or one of the alternatives?
Unread 11-25-2015, 09:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Default UI colors or one of the alternatives?
One of the alternatives. I'm using the black with silver borders variant.

Edit: Asked my friends...
One said he switched to black with gold borders, and that fixed it, but he does not remember which variant he was using before that was not working.
Another uses the default colors (blue background, gold borders) and he has a background on his infusion window.

Last edited by vasen : 11-25-2015 at 09:55 PM. Reason: reasons
Unread 11-26-2015, 12:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Default Bug?

Since the update the "Toggle Sets View" option of the main character window is continuously bugging out. When clicked it does nothing. Zoning doesn't seem to fix it, But camping to myself does for a few minutes.
Unread 11-26-2015, 03:24 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I'm away on holiday for a bit.

Not sure why the Sets button would be acting different as I didn't change anything with that, but stranger things have happened.

As for the background missing, I'll try to double check the image files are all correct when I'm back. It probably won't be until at least Monday that I can take a peek.
I had to copy and paste layer updates and alpha layer updates to 3 images, across 12 sets, and it's been a while since I've done those updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if I mis-clicked at one point!
Unread 11-26-2015, 09:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
I'm away on holiday for a bit.

Not sure why the Sets button would be acting different as I didn't change anything with that, but stranger things have happened.

As for the background missing, I'll try to double check the image files are all correct when I'm back. It probably won't be until at least Monday that I can take a peek.
I had to copy and paste layer updates and alpha layer updates to 3 images, across 12 sets, and it's been a while since I've done those updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if I mis-clicked at one point!
What I have discovered with the missing background is that you need to go to Variants | Set Variants, uninstall what you have under the UI Color Themes, then install what you would like to have, whether it is another or the same one. Close and you will have update(s). Now the background in window will show.

On another topic: The Arcane, Noxious & Elemental display in the StatBar is being truncated. The value of 166717 is being displayed as 16671. By changing the Size = 1, 2 to Size = 2, 1 in the .../UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI/Settings/DrumsUI_StatBarSettings.xml file corrects the displays to show the full amount.

Hopes this helps.