EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:21 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Splitpaw

Not so much a bug report but a request .... would it be possible to add Depechenode's Advanced Pet Window to the standard build?

The single button to re-enable pet protect self, protect master and re-engage the mob after telling the pet to backoff when pet pulling is really handy .. it's the only thing I always change when updating the Profit UI.

Link to pet window below ....

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4029
Unread 03-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oggok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Oh, you said "no tabs" Sorry, I should learn to read. Will fix it.

No worries, you're not being pushy there. Thanks for your patience with my reading weakness, hehe.
Hehe, now this is progress.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-23-2006, 06:31 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinilya
Not so much a bug report but a request .... would it be possible to add Depechenode's Advanced Pet Window to the standard build?

The single button to re-enable pet protect self, protect master and re-engage the mob after telling the pet to backoff when pet pulling is really handy .. it's the only thing I always change when updating the Profit UI.

quote in total ^^ i'm conj and i use that add i suggest ^^
Unread 03-23-2006, 08:29 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have kind of an odd request. A long time ago, ProfitUI used to have a semi transparent black area behind the lower half of the screen.... the chat window and whatnot. It actually extends from whatever window is the long blue bar across the bottom of the screen (the memorized window I believe).

Anyways, to the point... I really loved this black area (it makes it easier to read my chat windows and just plain looks nice imho) and have kept it since then via keeping my custom uisettings ini file. My problem now is that something in the new version is causing it to automatically bring this blue bar window to the front / top of the stack everytime I login. It then blocks me from clicking on any of my chat tabs/hotkeys because they are behind it. I have tried reorganizing everything manually ingame but the next time I logged in it was back on top.

Is there a way I can stop it from moving this window to the front like this?

Here is a screenshot of how I have 18f setup so you know what I am talking about. http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/9...20000096gf.jpg

Last edited by htmlartist : 03-23-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Unread 03-23-2006, 09:42 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Nevermind, I was able to figure it out by comparing the old and new memorized files!

The new one is missing alwaysonbottom="true" in the Page tag.

Everything is groovy, now. Sorry for the false alarm hehe.
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:01 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for keep profit going. I gotta say though, the hotbars you're using are horrible. I use the empty boxes in the original as spacers to divide between attacks, buffs, debuffs, roots, etc. The loss of boxes and spacing between icons is hideous to me. FWIW I just replaced them with Mook's 3 in 1 hotbar. And the box borders get the silvery theme colour so it still looks good

Other than that, looks great. I'm glad you're sticking with tradition and not going overboard in new "features". The thing I love about Profit is the minimalistic nature of it, and how even at 1024 it looks good.

Oh, Panic Button....ugh. Easy way to disable it?

Keep up the good work!
Unread 03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlith
Oh, Panic Button....ugh. Easy way to disable it?
Sure, just watch me break it in one of the next releases. I'm good at that.

I could make it optional, no problem.

Shame nobody likes my hotbar, hehe. It's one of my personal favorite modifications to reduce the space taken to an absolute minimum. I have never seen a hotbutton spacing slider, but I might try to put one in.
And I suppose I'll put up the different hotbars from 1.8x as an option if they aren't already linked by Spiricore.

The pet window attack button idea is on my list (having a Necro alt myself), I just didn't get to it yet. I was going to move the button to disband the pet up (like the group window disband) and add a new attack&guard button to the left.
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

You will have to add this line to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_zonereuse.xml</include>

For the new zone lockout timer page to show.

Unread 03-23-2006, 12:15 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Guys u think that with the new patch LU21 there will be a little problem or everything works fine?

enjoy^^
Unread 03-23-2006, 12:59 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Shame nobody likes my hotbar, hehe. It's one of my personal favorite modifications to reduce the space taken to an absolute minimum. I have never seen a hotbutton spacing slider, but I might try to put one in.
And I suppose I'll put up the different hotbars from 1.8x as an option if they aren't already linked by Spiricore.
I like it! Zero space is great - more icon, less fufu! It's just the pesky bank selectors getting in the way atm. I must confess I preferred them in an older version of Profit where they were on the side of the hotkey window instead of sitting on a key, but as long as they can be hidden while still being able to see the shortcuts, that works too .
Unread 03-23-2006, 02:28 PM
A Coastal Crab
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The new tradeskill window is on the right way but you can do much better...

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4159

Make exactly this in Profit-Style
- with smaller style on the create-window, perhaps without the duration etc-crap.
- and a full list above the new smaller 3*3 craft buttons
and you will kick me and a lot of users to the moon!
Unread 03-23-2006, 06:37 PM
A Sea Turtle

i am not getting it but how do you bring up the profitUi control center window?
Unread 03-23-2006, 09:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Loaded 2.1.1 and when turning on the bottom stat bar...the dark shading that comes up does not let me click on anything. It seems to overlay everything, Even if i click the, Click trough enabled, i'm still not able to click on anything in that shaded area. I had to hide the bottom stat bar in order to access all my lower windows (Chat, hotbars....ect)

Lexerst
Unread 03-23-2006, 09:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Actually I originally recommended this tradeskill window - but it is SERIOUSLY not visually friendly - I patched it in and used it for like 2 weeks and it sucks bad - not only does it not have alchemy stuff - it is really hard to tell the bars on the top as they are so close to each other

I think the fetish UI tradeskill window - is far far better - I patched it back in - but it just needs the recipes on the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junit
The new tradeskill window is on the right way but you can do much better...

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4159

Make exactly this in Profit-Style
- with smaller style on the create-window, perhaps without the duration etc-crap.
- and a full list above the new smaller 3*3 craft buttons
and you will kick me and a lot of users to the moon!
Unread 03-24-2006, 12:26 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stile2112
Loaded 2.1.1 and when turning on the bottom stat bar...the dark shading that comes up does not let me click on anything. It seems to overlay everything, Even if i click the, Click trough enabled, i'm still not able to click on anything in that shaded area. I had to hide the bottom stat bar in order to access all my lower windows (Chat, hotbars....ect)

Lexerst
I had the same problem above. Here is the fix.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_memorized.xml (10.0 KB, 266 views)
Unread 03-24-2006, 03:01 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Smile

Live Update 21 has been pushed to the servers.

We add <include>eq2ui_mainhud_zonereuse.xml</include> in eq2ui_mainhud.xml to use Zone Reuse window.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud.xml (2.8 KB, 426 views)

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin

Last edited by Droiyan7 : 03-24-2006 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Correct error
Unread 03-24-2006, 06:22 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinilya

Now this little feature would Rock!! I Play a conjuror and please do this if it isn't too much trouble.. Again, AWESOME job on this UI..
Cya!

Last edited by Drunder40 : 03-24-2006 at 06:30 AM.
Unread 03-24-2006, 06:44 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Like the changes except the new hot bars. The scroll arrows inside the box are making me crazy. I keep switching hotbars mid fight. I think the old ones only had the switch arrows in one mode but now they are always here. hope that can change back
Unread 03-24-2006, 07:47 AM
A Griffon

I dont know if changing it back is the answer.. I would say just get the scroll arrows out of the first (far left) box. Put the arrows just "outside" the box..

Also, I noticed on the EQ II window there is no longer a button to open all your inventlry bags.. is it somewhere else or completely removed? I hope it is still available or can be re-added as I kinda liked that feature.. No biggie it is removed.. but would like to have it if possible..

Last edited by Drunder40 : 03-24-2006 at 08:12 AM.
Unread 03-24-2006, 09:01 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I dont really mean go all the way back to the old ones. I like the look of the new ones. But if I remember right you could hide the frame and that would also hide the scroll bars. That would fix it.
Unread 03-24-2006, 09:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I'll change the hotbars like this:
  • None: No bank select arrows, no shortcut keys shown
  • Frame only: Bank select arrows as they currently are implemented, no shortcut keys shown
  • Frame and titlebar: Bank select arrows as they currently are implemented, shortcut keys are shown.
This way I can keep my combat hotbars, which I never change, free from those arrows, and make other non-critical bars changeable.

For bank select arrows left of the icons the hotbars from v1.8d should be fine, and for icon spacing maybe the hotbars from the default UI. Integrated fully customizable hotbars might come at a later date.

Last edited by gm9 : 03-24-2006 at 10:15 AM.
Unread 03-24-2006, 10:43 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Is there a way to include a smaller inventory? Like the one from Geniva?

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4069

As far as I can say it now....I love it! Great job!
Unread 03-24-2006, 04:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

How can i see spell effect under target window?
Unread 03-24-2006, 05:07 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
I'll change the hotbars like this:
  • None: No bank select arrows, no shortcut keys shown
  • Frame only: Bank select arrows as they currently are implemented, no shortcut keys shown
  • Frame and titlebar: Bank select arrows as they currently are implemented, shortcut keys are shown.
This way I can keep my combat hotbars, which I never change, free from those arrows, and make other non-critical bars changeable.

For bank select arrows left of the icons the hotbars from v1.8d should be fine, and for icon spacing maybe the hotbars from the default UI. Integrated fully customizable hotbars might come at a later date.
That sounds great! Small favor to ask, but can you please make Frame Only be no bank select arrows and with shortcut keys shown?
Unread 03-24-2006, 06:49 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterzzn
I got 2.1 up and working for all my established characters. I noticed that when I make a new character my screen goes black while trying to load the zone and I can't do anything. It's weird, I can manipulate the interface, and see people chatting, I can even camp out, but I just can't see the game nor move around. Also I can't chat, I can just see others chat. All I have running as far as UI go is 2.1 and EQMap.

***Edit***
I think it has something to do with the new zoning window. It just hangs and doesn't go away. How do I disable it, just to test if that's whats wrong.

Just wanted to update that disabling the mini zoning window did fix the problem. It had something to do with that movie that plays after you create a new character.

So if you are making a new character with this UI, either disable the new character movie, or disable the mini zoning window and use the default.

Thanks for reviving this great UI, it is by far my favorite. And thanks to Spiricore for organizing this effort.
Closed Thread