EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 12-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Saryn chained me to a UI
Featured

Server: Permafrost
Default A chuckle, and warning about tech support

Passing this experience that someone had after installing my UI (cut and pasted from my UI support thread, pages 3 and 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerienna
I spent over an hour with Sony Tech support only to conclude that this UI broke my Options window and iam now stuck with a long reinstall and repatching process to fix my game

I really love T.kings art work and what you did with this UI but there is deftinally some kinda bug Haveing to reinstall EQ2 is kinda harsh.. iam not a happy player atm.
and
Quote:
Actaully we went over the files one by one and the apporiate ones were copied from the default folder. The tech support guy was very helpful. This UI corrupted my installation of EQ2. The bad files were not even in the UI folder but else where. The files showed a modified date and time that was the same as when the UI was unzipped and installed. It did not occur until I installed this UI hence the thinking that it was the problem. Deleting the files and allowing EQ2 to repatch them did not fix the issue.
it.

There must be something about this UI and my computer that do not agree. The UI looks great but Iam not risking corrupting my installtion again to try and find the problem.
Not sure why the Tech Support guy would tell someone this, especially since I use the standard .zip file method of distribution, not an installer.

Turns out......
Quote:
The problem has been fixed with a new keyboard. It was not software related at all. Purely by accident that the error occured after I installed this UI. Iam sorry for freaking out on you I was just totally frustrated.

I know you put a lot of hard work into this UI and I look forward to useing it.
Just a heads up to UI designers that some non-related issue may get blamed on our UI's by the SoE Tech Support Rep's. (And yes, this was good for a chuckle in hindsight... I was sitting with my mouth open in front of the screen for the first 10-20 seconds going "They told Kerienna that... and meant it?!?!?"

:P

Wulfy
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:32 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Haha. That's great. Oh btw, I get a new keyboard, and your totally messed up UI, well... the UI is just fine
Unread 12-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

lol to funny!