EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Unread 11-25-2008, 06:58 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone
Default [added] Miragul's Phylactery: Scion of Ice

Finally got around to do the instance again, so modified the MapStyles code a tiny bit. Hopefully it should work for other people too, and not just me.

Also renamed the .dds files to match the pattern of all other map files.

Code:
<ImageStyle Name="exp05_dun_miragul_upper_0" displayname="Scion of Ice (Top)" menugroup="Everfrost (Island)" zonerect="-18, -119, 252, 195" heightmin="-5" availablepriority="1">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_exp05_dun_miragul_upper_0.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506" />
</ImageStyle>
<ImageStyle Name="exp05_dun_miragul_upper_1" displayname="Scion of Ice (Lower)" menugroup="Everfrost (Island)" zonerect="-18, -119, 252, 195" heightmax="10" availablepriority="2">
<ImageFrame Source="images/maps/map_exp05_dun_miragul_upper_1.dds" SourceRect="0,0,436,506" />
</ImageStyle>
Attached Files
File Type: dds map_exp05_dun_miragul_upper_0.dds (128.1 KB, 219 views)
File Type: dds map_exp05_dun_miragul_upper_1.dds (128.1 KB, 197 views)

Last edited by Lenefir : 11-28-2008 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Changed the MapStyles code
Unread 11-26-2008, 04:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice. I'm no expert on this, but the heightmin/heightmax don't look good, as far as I am aware the heightmin of the upper level must be identical to the heightmax of the lower level so you have a defined height at which the map changes. In your case between -5 and 10 both maps apply. Also I don't think you need the -99/99 values at all because you have no other map to change to at those levels, so just leave the values out.

PS: Thanks for posting the jpg images, we need them in full size though, not half size. Just telling you for the other maps you are working on, I already redid these here. As soon as you get the heightmin/max figured out I'll put them live.

Last edited by gm9 : 11-26-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Updated the "code" and image names in my first post.
Unread 11-28-2008, 01:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Nice. I'm no expert on this, but the heightmin/heightmax don't look good, as far as I am aware the heightmin of the upper level must be identical to the heightmax of the lower level so you have a defined height at which the map changes. In your case between -5 and 10 both maps apply.
Since you kept it like that I'd need someone to confirm that this actually works correctly before I put it live (and I can't, I don't have the expansion).
Unread 11-28-2008, 02:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

What happens for me is with the current code it changes from Upper/Lower map around where the red line shows -5.

The same will most likely happen if the min/max values both are -5, but I never did try that

I suspect that if the current min -5/max +10 values are kept, but the AvailablePriority is removed (or numbers changed), it will show up with the Upper area map when zoning in. It probably will stay that way until you reach the -5 line, upon which it will switch to the Lower area map. The lower area map will then be shown until you reach the +10 mark upon where the map will flip around again.

That's what my original plan was, thus the differing min/max numbers, but I decided against it when it didn't show up that way with the code I originally presented, and the upper area map shows more of the zone. Not to mention I got bored after 2-3 times of having to keep restarting eq2 to try all different permutations of min/max/priority-values and them present or not. Now the timer on the instance has run out too, so I can't say I have an immediate desire to go back and test it out more.

Anyway, if anyone want to test it out more than I did, then please, feel free to do so and please post what happens with different configurations. Like I said before I edited it away, you would have to change the file
_User_MapStyles.xml
in your custom UI/SomeName/eq2map2 folder
Unread 11-28-2008, 02:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Ok so if I understand this correctly you want it to switch at the -5 line so I'll push this live with both min and max at -5.

I think to flip it around twice you would have needed to add a _2 mapstyle using the same image file.

Btw I found that /loadui <ui name> works without issues for map testing, that's much faster than reloading the game.