EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 02-08-2008, 03:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Problem with the eXtremeUI

Hi,

I've only recently started playing Everquest 2 because I needed a change from the very time consuming raiding game WOW has become. And I really like what I'm seeing in EQ2. Crafting system is so much more intense and I prefer the less cartoony graphics vastly.

In WOW, I was a heavy addon user and I started looking through the mods for EQ2 and eXtremeUI caught my attention. The screenshots looked very nice and I decided to download and install it. A few minutes later, I was ready to launch my EQ2.

The problem was that as soon as the game world started to load, my screen got all "snowy". There's these white glitterings all over the screen (like when a television set has some problems) and at times I see things I can only describe as "colored lightning flashes" across my screen. It's interesting to note that this problem does NOT occur at the point where I get to the character selection screen (everything is still fine there) but as soon as I enter the real game world. This leads me to believe it is being caused by the eXtreme UI.

I then tried to remove the installation to fix the problem but have been unable to do so. I removed the entire eXtreme folder under UI and (based on something I read here) also the EQ2.ini file. When I then launch the game, a lot of the frames are still in the same place they were with the eXtremeUI installed (but, evidently, the frames just don't look good anymore). And the "snowy" problem is still there.

I have now removed the entire EQ2 installation and started re-installing. Seeing that I bought the game as a download, this is evidently taking a long time and I hope to continue playing tonight.

I have a few questions though :

1) Has anyone else encountered this problem with the eXtremeUI ? And how have they solved it ? I'm running EQ2 on a VISTA machine and have been running without any problems for a while already (I get a warning that "this version of Vista may cause crashes" and that I should download the latest SP for Vista, but to my knowledge the latest stuff IS installed, and as I said ... it's been running flawlessly for a while now). I use an nVidia 9600XT (or was it a 9800, I keep forgetting) graphics card with all the latest drivers installed.
2) How can I make sure I don't need to reinstall after something went wrong with an addon. In WOW, I could just remove the folder in the Addons folder. Can someone explain to me where/how the addon files for EQ2 are stored ?
3) More to the point of eXtremeUI, can someone tell me exactly how to completely remove the UI and return to the standard UI ?

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me.
Unread 02-08-2008, 03:32 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvanoverwalle View Post
The problem was that as soon as the game world started to load, my screen got all "snowy". There's these white glitterings all over the screen (like when a television set has some problems) and at times I see things I can only describe as "colored lightning flashes" across my screen.
Don't go so heavy on the drugs.

No, to be serious, it sounds like your game may be set to a resolution your monitor does not support. Try going into windowed mode (Alt-Tab) and see if that solves it, and if yes, then set a supported resolution in options (Alt-O).

And to remove a custom UI simply delete eq2.ini from your Everquest 2 folder, no need to reinstall anything. Your window placements are stored in the <server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.ini of that same folder, it's best to rename it before installing a new UI.
Unread 02-08-2008, 07:57 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Don't go so heavy on the drugs.
Hey ... but I like those little blue pills ;-)

Quote:
No, to be serious, it sounds like your game may be set to a resolution your monitor does not support. Try going into windowed mode (Alt-Tab) and see if that solves it, and if yes, then set a supported resolution in options (Alt-O).
I was running the game in windowed mode at the time. And the resolution was set to the same I always use, so I'm not too sure this is the cause.

Quote:
And to remove a custom UI simply delete eq2.ini from your Everquest 2 folder, no need to reinstall anything. Your window placements are stored in the <server>_<character>_eq2_uisettings.ini of that same folder, it's best to rename it before installing a new UI.
OK. I'll keep that in mind. I did put back a eq2.ini that the system seemed to have backed up by itself, but that didn't solve anything. I'll take manual copies of all files this time before I try to reinstall eXtremeUI (as I still want this spiffy looking UI :-) )
Unread 02-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I would use EQ2 Henchman and have it install eXtremeUI | LU42 | EQ2 Henchman Compatible. EQ2 Henchman is a lot better then the AUCP and the henchman version of eXtreme is current with all game releases and will soon be replacing the AUCP version.