EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP > EQ2MAP New maps

Unread 01-24-2009, 10:08 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Nektulos
Smile [added] Befallen: Halls of the Forsaken

I checked the zonerect and whatnot.. it's all good. Just not sure if you think the map could use some more color. I think it's ok as is though.. it gets the job done :-). I'll get together the POI's soon. I also included the .psd file in a zip file... just in case.

Zonerect:

-280, -33, 100, 308
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	map_exp05_dun_befallen_forsaken.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	6746  
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_exp05_dun_befallen_forsaken.zip (851.2 KB, 270 views)
File Type: dds map_exp05_dun_befallen_forsaken.dds (170.8 KB, 404 views)
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice. Personally I think a bit of color adds a lot, even if you don't use the actual zone's textures. I don't know what the zone's colors are like but see the attached mockup (since I had your .psd that took a minute ).
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	300
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	6748  
Unread 01-24-2009, 02:37 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default looks good... how do I do it?

I admit I'm not super savvy with advanced features in photoshop... how did you make that? I think the "sunken" look is good, duuno how do to that... and if I could figure out how to make the background a muted brown, that'd be perfect (the darker brown parts are supposed to be some tables and wood planks). I couldn't figure out how to do the background uniformly though. I tried making them live paint objects, but the lines aren't all connected, so some of it won't fill in. Any sugestion/help you can give would be great.

Last edited by jacobian163 : 01-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Unread 01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh I simply made a copy of your layer, selected everything outside the map lines (magic wand tool), inverted the selection and used the paint bucket on that to paint everything with the darker brown. The rest is purely blending options (lower copy of the layer has zero fill opacity and an imnner bevel to raise the tables/planks/rocks, upper copy has an downward outer bevel for the sunken look of the walls). See the attached .psd.
Attached Files
File Type: zip map_exp05_dun_befallen_forsaken.zip (843.1 KB, 259 views)
Unread 01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Personally I don't care for the bevel / emboss, gives it a false 3D when the rest of the height on the map is not represented that is just sort of meh for me. It's just too photoshop-y.

I do like the shading inside the walkable area though, to make the distinction more clear.
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:03 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default Final Submission Files..

Ok, I tweaked it a little, so now I think I like it. The zonerect is still the same.

Zonerect:

-280, -33, 100, 308

I'll put together some POI's for it soon, so I can get them up once this get's uploaded.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	287
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	6750  
Attached Files
File Type: dds map_exp05_dun_befallen_forsaken.dds (170.8 KB, 528 views)
Unread 01-24-2009, 08:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Will upload it tomorrow. Is it correct that the upper right part is not connected to anything else btw?
Unread 01-24-2009, 09:03 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default connectivity

In answer to your question, they are sort of connected. It's a gap you jump over, if you fall in it you die cuz it's like a bottomless pit. The brown rectangles near there are the wooden planks leading down to that last step, then you can jump to the main part of the zone.

Last edited by jacobian163 : 01-24-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yeah, that room has a pretty big pit in it that's not shown, but probably the only way to map it would be to take leaps of faith, hehe.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:13 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

This one is live now. For the future please do me the favor, as stated in the tutorial, we need the following:
  • Post a dds file with these settings : DXT1 ARGB (1 bit alpha, no mipmaps), 512x512 image size
  • Post a jpg file with these settings : Average (6) Quality, 436x506 image size
It's easier for us if we don't need to resave your dds and create the jpg ourselves. Thanks, and hope to see more maps from you!
Unread 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Default thanks

ok, I'll remember that next time. I'm still getting the hang of this .dds file saving thing. I have to run this between 2 computers because one has windows xp with Adobe CS2 (for the .dds stuff) and the other is my nicer comp with 64bit vista and CS4... kinda a pain. I wish they would add the .dds plugin for CS4 on a 64bit system.