EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 11-11-2006, 10:39 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default How to activate combosboxes?

like you can use "...button.Press=true", i would like to know how to do the same with dropdownboxes?

is there an "...dropdownbox.Activate=1" or "...dropdownbox.Select=1", or this thing is not there?

Any advice welcome!
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:32 AM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore

You'll need a dropdownbox, dropdownbox source, and a hidden button.

Example:
MyDropdownbox OnSelect='parent.MyCommandButton.OnPress=SelectedItem.command'

MyCommandButton
OnPress='SelectedItem.command'

<DataSource Items="parent.MyDropdownbox.SelectedItem.command" Name="MyDropdownSource">
<Data Name="PlaceHolderForPickOne" text="Pick One"/>
<Data command="someCodeHere1" Name="someCodeHere1" text="someFriendlyNamehere1"/>
<Data command="someCodeHere2" Name="someCodeHere2" text="someFriendlyNamehere2"/>
</DataSource>
Unread 11-11-2006, 11:37 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

OnDoubleClick and on OnSelect are what you are looking for, never needed a hidden button.
Unread 11-11-2006, 12:04 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i need to clarify one thing on what i really wanted to do:

there is one (or more) visible button that can be clicked, and one dropdownbox that normally selects saved market searches.

when user clicks one of the buttons, they would make dropdownbox to jump to a fixed selection, which in turn would update all other input fields.

i would prefer this, as i hate navigating that dropdownbox somehow, i find it difficult to select its items...

does your example helps with my problem? i dont get 100% your example thats why i try to explain the exact thing i'm aiming at
Unread 11-11-2006, 12:24 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Set the SelectedItem via your button and then update the text fields via the OnSelect of the Dropdown.
Unread 11-11-2006, 02:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Still cannot get it running, but at least the buttons select the dropdownbox items. However, the box doesnt further update the rest of the controls (tier/class/name/level etc)... Could you please check and correct my code?

In the example i have removed the non relevant positioning and tooltip tags to see better:

<Button LocalText="1" Name="mf1" OnPress="Parent.Parent.MainPage.TabPages.BuyPage.SearchFilter.SelectedItemIndex= 1">1</Button>

<Button LocalText="2" Name="mf2" OnPress="Parent.Parent.MainPage.TabPages.BuyPage.SearchFilter.SelectedItemIndex= 2">2</Button>

<DataSource Name="FilterSource">
<Data Name="TestItem 1" text="Saved Search 1"/>
<Data Name="TestItem 2" text="Saved Search 2"/>
<Data Name="TestItem 3" text="Saved Search 3"/>
</DataSource>

<Dropdownbox DataSource="FilterSource" Name="SearchFilter" RowTemplate="/Templates.dropdowntemplate" Style="/dropdownlist.dropdown_default"/>

Last edited by komives : 11-11-2006 at 03:37 PM.
Unread 11-12-2006, 05:33 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I don't know for sure, but if its selecting the correct item but not populating the fields, it sounds like it may be looking for a mouse click event to trigger the population. in the OnPress event of the button try adding ../SearchFilter.Press=True. I Never have tried that property with a dropdown it may work.
Unread 11-12-2006, 09:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I tried that, but didnt work. I wonder if its possible at all?
Unread 11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Failry sure population of search fields from the default saved favorites menu is handled by a hard-coded event we can't trigger via script.

I've run into this same problem elsewhere. I'm guessing the OnSelect script event is not wired to trigger the corisponding hard-coded event.
Unread 11-14-2006, 11:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

yup, it seems so.

i also tried to populate the maxprice field, but failed. seem the control only updates text, but fails with the actual data... i guess its because you are forced to use that popup coin panel.

i wanted to add also this maxcoins field to the favorites (to remove expensive junk), but failed again ))

ohh well, its seems to me that EQ2 UI is not that flexible at all (or at least not really consistent).

one more thing to mention before i give up modding, ProfitUI roxx!!!, kudos for the maker!

GL with modding guyz, thanks for the suggestions!
Unread 11-14-2006, 05:16 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Actually, just about everything else in the Market window can be automated except the default saved searches menu.

Fetish Nightfall has included customizable search menus longer than SOE has, and they do allow setting min and max prices