EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 03-09-2010, 01:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Oasis
Default Group members no longer show on map since hotfix (09.03.10)

As subject would suggest, I can't even see the black dots for group members any more - I asked in channels and a bunch of other people are experiencing the same thing - group members literally don't show up on map.

I'm guessing this is an SOE issue considering they made the change to 'black dots' - figured I'd post here in case SOE made the necessary changes for EQ2Maps to be able to customize the black dots / group members again (wishful thinking huh)
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Group members not on maps anymore

Same here. Group members no longer show on maps for me or any of my friends either. We hated the black dots, because they were difficult to see, but they were better than nothing at all. I really really hope someone fixes this soon!!
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Will look into it as soon as I get home. According to the patch notes if you even bother to read them, SOE did some hardcoding changes. If that is what broke it then there will be little we can do.
Unread 03-09-2010, 01:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Will look into it as soon as I get home. According to the patch notes if you even bother to read them, SOE did some hardcoding changes. If that is what broke it then there will be little we can do.
Ah you're right. I didn't notice that in the update notes. (stopped even checking for them as they've not been posted so regularly with the downtimes recently) - "The old group icons are back. So custom UI group icons should work normally now."

Hopefully a quick fix, but if not I guess it's just something else to get accustomed to with the xpac.
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
You just need to add in the raidMemberDot (you can just copy a group member dot until you make a cool one) then it comes right back. I think its used in the battlegrounds and raids.
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:47 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Damn, when I read the update, I thought they were referring to the group window.
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpyxie View Post
You just need to add in the raidMemberDot (you can just copy a group member dot until you make a cool one) then it comes right back. I think its used in the battlegrounds and raids.
Cool, I'll look at it when I get home. I was sure hoping it wasn't hard coded and they just changed the internals of the map window.
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:58 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Here's the only change for the map files (default folder compare):

Line 289 (eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml)
Old:
Code:
        <ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/icons/icon_map5.dds" SourceRect="168,42,210,84" />
New:
Code:
        <ImageFrame Name="imageFrame" Source="images/icons/icon_map4.dds" SourceRect="126,211,168,253" />

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-09-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 03-10-2010, 11:47 AM
A Brown Bear

So there has been a fix and the updater will fix it? My wife gets lost going to the other room, so she needs the grp map icons. Just so she doesn't get lost in the GH with me.
Unread 03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
EQ2MAP Developer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

A patch is live for the EQ2MAP updater, please run it again to download and try it out, should fix this problem.
Unread 03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnils View Post
A patch is live for the EQ2MAP updater, please run it again to download and try it out, should fix this problem.
Nope... Patched. No dot. Deleted Cache and re-downloaded all files. No Dots.... Am I missing something?
Unread 03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Same here, still no group members showing up. I use Fetish UI, would that make a difference? Everything else is working fine.

~Skarlett
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarlett View Post
Same here, still no group members showing up. I use Fetish UI, would that make a difference? Everything else is working fine.

~Skarlett
Try renaming the eq2map ignorelist xml file in your FetishNightfall folder to something else. The ignorelist will prevent the proper files from being updated, so removing it will allow your map window to be updated (but it will be regular EQ2MAP style, not Zonx's modified style).
Unread 03-11-2010, 12:42 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Try renaming the eq2map ignorelist xml file in your FetishNightfall folder to something else. The ignorelist will prevent the proper files from being updated, so removing it will allow your map window to be updated (but it will be regular EQ2MAP style, not Zonx's modified style).
Is there any way to make this fix in the eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml file in fetish without changing the style?

Is there an XML block I can add to fix the issue?

The version in Fetish is far smaller than the on in Default now.
Unread 03-11-2010, 01:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Working!

Patched EQ2Maps yesterday and group members are back. They're even on the red numbered dots again. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
Unread 03-11-2010, 06:13 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Thanks so much lordebon, that worked perfectly!

~Skarlett
Unread 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

They aren't working perfectly. In FetishNightfall and the default UI (using only EQ2Map) the dots show up, but ONLY if the party members are NOT in the same zone. As soon as the party members are all in the same zone, they stop working again. Highly annoying. This is as of last night. I'm patching again now and will try it again as soon as the patching is done.
Unread 03-11-2010, 09:13 PM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophon View Post
They aren't working perfectly. In FetishNightfall and the default UI (using only EQ2Map) the dots show up, but ONLY if the party members are NOT in the same zone. As soon as the party members are all in the same zone, they stop working again. Highly annoying. This is as of last night. I'm patching again now and will try it again as soon as the patching is done.
Perhaps not perfectly for YOU, but, for Me, it's working perfectly, party members in or not in same zone.
Unread 03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarlett View Post
Perhaps not perfectly for YOU, but, for Me, it's working perfectly, party members in or not in same zone.
Lol love the Shout on You...

Anyway I saw them workin lastnight just fine however did notice even after someone left group there was still a party member dot for them. It was just a blue dot and when you hovered on it it listed the name of the departed group member.

No idea why sony figured they needed to break yet again something else and now its a pain to get back to the way it was. I miss the different colors for each group member dot.
Unread 03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
EQ2MAP Developer

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosean View Post
Is there any way to make this fix in the eq2ui_mainhud_map2.xml file in fetish without changing the style?

Is there an XML block I can add to fix the issue?

The version in Fetish is far smaller than the on in Default now.
The changed files are _Skinnable_Styles.xml and _Skinnable_Location_Images.xml , you could cut and paste the missing parts over.
Unread 03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

I posted some updated files in this thread in the fetish forums if any want to try them out with the changes until fetish can be patched. They work for me but YMMV.
Unread 03-14-2010, 11:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

Thanks Lalanu,

It worked great.....
Unread 03-14-2010, 05:41 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost

Your welcome