EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > eXtremeUI

Unread 11-22-2007, 04:09 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default going windowed mode

ok when i go from full screen to windowed mode via alt-tab the UI now since Monday turns into 10 big horizontal bars like when a tv is on a channel that is off air has solid bars of color except in EQ2 it seems to take parts of my screen and turns it into 10 huge bars. I cant play the game when it does this as I cant see nothing but words from gu chat, quests log etc. I have to do what i call ghosting the mouse and look for the tooltip to click full screen twice to make game look playable again. I dont have station advance subscripton so i cant post a screenie of what it looks like. I run 1680*1050@60Hz and use the high performance default settings for graphics in game also the 3rd bubble. If there is a trick to get you a screenie i will take the snap shot and post so you can try to reproduce what i am going through
Unread 11-22-2007, 04:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

This sounds like something for SOE tech support forums, and may be an issue with your graphics card's drivers. You can upload screenshots to any number of sites, eg imageshack.us (if you post them here, you can also attach them directly to your posts).
Unread 11-22-2007, 08:39 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

As gm9 said, this is prob a hardware issue. With that said; I went in and out of full screen at random intervals while playing last night to try and get my computer to do what you described. I was unable to reproduce the issue you are having.

While I have cut down image quality and cut out a lot of the scripting and windows that made eXtremeUI unique to try and save on memory usage. eXtremeUI still uses more memory then most UI's because of the "dashboard" layout thus making it have to render more graphics.
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:37 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

you know it could be the driver for my 8800 gts i updated it about a week and a half ago right before this issue came up. Guess new driver don't like EQ2 bah oh well lol I will just ghost my mouse till the next driver comes out. Sorry so late for the response work has been killing me.