EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-02-2007, 10:17 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Group window horizontal/verticle?

How do I change it between the two?
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:05 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Just extract the .zip file in your ProfitUI folder corresponding to the group window variant you want. Then start the game.
Unread 03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks so theres no way to have both going without constantly switching? My girlfriend would like it horizontal and I want it verticle lol (the group window ofc )
Unread 03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Runnyeye

a couple of ways you could do it.

1. copy the profitui folder so you have 2. then extract the horizontal g/w into one of them.
have 2 different eq2.ini files pointing to each folder.
then just rename them when the other wants to play (dos batch files can be used to do this, and launch eq)

2. have 2 different g/w eg eq2ui_mainhud_his_groupmembers.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_her_groupmembers.xml rename when the other wants to play.
again dos can used to perform this. Only thing with this option is, you will have to reposition the g/w when changed.
Probably how your doing it now......

3. the best , if you have the drive space. -- a bit much just to have 1 file different, i know
copy the entire Everquest2 folder (8gig plus)
then create a second shortcut on desktop to second eq2.exe
This way, you have 2 totally different eq2's, so you can change what you want, without affecting the other.

Last edited by wolfling : 03-02-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Unread 03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You cannot change the configuration in game (I may be adding that in a future update, I have something in mind for that - but don't hold your breath, there's just no time for modding atm).

Currently wolfling's second idea should be the easiest way to do it. Or even better: buy your girlfriend her own computer so you two can play at the same time.
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Actually! She has her own pc but we don't live together so I go see her often just only has one pc here :P

Uhm I have another question, is there a picture of the compact group window? Because the horizontal takes up alot of space in 1024x768.

To be even more awkward, she wants the horizontal for her healers and the verticle for her dps chars.. she finds it easier to heal when they're right over the hotkeys and she doesnt like using the fkeys... shes picky I know :x