EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 02-02-2005, 01:52 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Default Fenix Arcane V0.3 Complete UPdated

Hey all Tonight I have created a new version 0.4 Full, thus has many updates. It should be avalible tomorrow for all, and it should Fix all bugs people had.

Any type comments or suggestions about the Groupwindows, or for bugs please use the post here : http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1331

------------------------
Installation notes
------------------------

Right Click fenix.zip, click extract here.

In the EQ2 directory put the eq2.ini file.( this controlls the UI you use )

Under EQ2/UI Folder copy the fenix folder you unzipped.

------------------------
UI Options
------------------------

1) If you would like the UI with Hotbar banks for easy page switching:

In the Fenix UI folder Delete : eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml

Then rename : eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey-BANKS.xml to : eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml

2) If you would like the ORB CASTER type Groupwindow

In the Fenix UI folder Delete : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

Then Rename : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers-ORBCASTER.xml to : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

3) If you would like the NOORB CASTER type Groupwindow

In the Fenix UI folder Delete : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

Then Rname : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers-NOORBCASTER.xml to : eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml

------------------------
Bugs
------------------------

Currently had a bug where the Load was either bugged or the game look like the Resolution was bigger than actually.
This has been corrected with the new eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml.

------------------------
Updates
------------------------
------------------------
**NEW**
------------------------

Included File for players who would like Hotbars with Page Banks!
Included File for casters to upgrade the Groupwindow : Easy to read Heath, power, and Status Effects!
Also Includes File for Caster Groupwindow with out the ORB style Graphic : Vertical Players, Easy to read Heath, power, and Status Effects!

------------------------

Made Exp into Tenths
Compass " N " indicator is now Blue
Added Vitality bars
Put EXP Debt in a better spot
Main Chat is updated to be minamal, and is tab active
You can now place the HotKey bar right next to each other, liike in my Screenshoit with out problems
Clock now Has date and time
Impliedtarget Added into my target window also
Target window now displays your current targets Lvl

More to come, in Newer versions keep and eye out!

Last edited by thor797 : 02-05-2005 at 04:30 AM.
Unread 02-02-2005, 02:08 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I liked the Arcane group window, mostly because it reminded me of the group window I used in EQ1, except without the huge graphic thiny. Soo... I shaped to how I wanted. Came up with this:

Unread 02-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Nice, Drumstix!
Unread 02-02-2005, 04:54 PM
A Griffon
Featured

If you have the arcane mod's bars.dss you can use my attached file to use what I'm using. It's kinda small, but I like it. I may make it a 'tad' bigger to better see the bars, but since they change color with hp %, it makes thing a lil easier. I'm gonna add in the group HP %'s as soon as it gets 'fully' put in.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (14.8 KB, 291 views)
Unread 02-02-2005, 05:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question

I installed this, my first change from EQ2interface as instructed, but I get a large letterbox effect on the character select. In fact so large I can't choose a character. Also, the buttons at the foot (Options, Play, Exit etc.) are invisble!

Huh?
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Something tells me you followed the Installed a Custom UI instruction incorrectly.
Unread 02-02-2005, 06:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosey
I installed this, my first change from EQ2interface as instructed, but I get a large letterbox effect on the character select. In fact so large I can't choose a character. Also, the buttons at the foot (Options, Play, Exit etc.) are invisble!

Huh?

i got the same thing. but i could actually choose one character. when i entered game it crashed straight to desktop.

i followed the directions the best i could, but they are really vague.
Unread 02-02-2005, 07:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Something tells me you followed the Installed a Custom UI instruction incorrectly.
I followed them as closely as they would allow.

I just get a huge letterbox effect preventing gameplay or even character select.
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:27 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

What Did you not under stand about My Install File? I wrote it as simply as i could. If we leave me feed back i can fix it.
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:41 AM
A Griffon
Featured

This is the group window I used in EQ1 for as long as I can remember:

The circles changed colors as HP went down, which I liked.
Unread 02-03-2005, 12:32 PM
A Brown Bear

Exclamation

Having the same problem myself. I have tried everything I can think of. The previous version of fenix worked great for me...can't get this one to work to save my life. I had a couple problem with the install notes...

"Replace the files inside the folder you unzipped with the files in EQ2/UI/Fenix ."

At this point in the directions, the only files in the EQ2/UI/Fenix folder are the files you had us copy from the default folder...if we replace the files in the folder we unzipped (the one we just downloaded from here) then all we are going to be left with is the default UI...in a folder that is not even in the UI folder...

"Do not just copy the whole images, or Frontend folder to the EQ2/UI/fenix, open the images folder then copy those files within the folders."

Now, if we're following the directions, we're copying files back into the EQ2/UI/Fenix folder again...problem is, it's not very clear what we're copying, or where we're putting it. Normally, when I am copying multiple sub-folders and files, I would simply copy the folder I had just downloaded and paste it where I need it. An example would be to copy the fenix/images folder from the zip file I just downloaded. Then I would open my EQ2/UI/fenix folder, and click paste. I will get a prompt stating that an images folder is already here, along with a bunch of text on it which boils down to this:

1) If I click Yes (or Yes to All) new files that do not have the same name as a file already in the EQ2/UI/fenix/images folder will be copied into the images folder.
2) If I click Yes (or Yes to All) new files that DO have the same name as a file in the EQ2/UI/fenix/images folder will overwrite the existing files.

Instead, you tell us to open all the folders in the images folder and copy only the files to the EQ2/UI/fenix...I assume you mean for us to copy the files into the folders of the same name that they came out of, but I'm not sure.

That all said, I truly hope you do not take any of this the wrong way. You are obviously very good at something that I am hopelessly inept at. You have put together a UI which incorporates EVERYTHING I was looking for and I certainly want to thank you for all of the time and effort you have put into this. I want you to know it is much appreciated. Now...if I can just figure out how to get the dang thing to work, we'll be golden.

Last edited by Gethsemane : 02-03-2005 at 01:05 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 02:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Unhappy Please Help!!!

When I instaled the updated version of this interface it wont allow me to play the game. When you get to character screen there is no play button instead there is a button that states reactivate Trial. When I use the default UI I have no problems. Anyone having this problem?? I have used an older version of this interface and it worked great Any help would be helpful.
Unread 02-03-2005, 03:55 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default crash crash crash crash crash

well i did just like the install said copies all my files in my default dir even the sub dir to fenix then copied the files in teh zip fil to the fenix dir over writing all the default files i copied in there. well i get max widscreen now and it crashes to desktop with send error report box. also what is the restart trial button i can see while loading. i used the last UI you made with no problems i just unziped it into its own dir why do we need to copy the default dir this time.

Rhymer highkeep server
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:04 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

i will look into his code and see if i can spot the reason why everyone is having problems
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i checked it out, had the same problem on a win98 machine, was only 'slightly' present on the winxp box.. both were using ati cards, the win98 machine was using a 9600 pro, the winxp box using an x800. both boxes were using current dx and had updated video drivers, but, the drivers for xp are a bit newer than the ones ati has released for xp. under xp, there are some slight bugs, (things like the 'EQ' button not displaying the text next to the buttons, (the icons show correctly), but the border at the top and bottom of the pull down menu still shows the framing as if there were words to display. the gold frame that would normally be present if you were using the standard letterboxing was still present, even if you weren't using the letterbox. all cited bugs are on the winxp box, on the 98 box, with the huge letterboxing and the whole crashing after a few seconds thing, i didn't really get much time to test anything

edit:
as for the install notes, there didn't seem to be any difference in performance, on either box, as to whether you simply unzipped the files included in the skin into their own directory, (fenix, in this case, as packaged with the file on this site), or did as the directions asked and copied the 'default' skin into a folder and then overwrote the fenix files over them, (as instructed, copying each group of files individually, not copying already existing folders). this being the case, i would suggest simply skipping that step

Last edited by chylder : 02-03-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MOD
delete the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml from the fenix folder, OR if you dont want the experience window to show up you can just replace the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml file in the fenix directory with the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml attached to this post. for some reason his experience xml file is screwed up. below is what is in the experience file in the fenix mod
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

</Page>
that is all that is in it. the reason it was messing things up is because it closes a page but never opens one, so what ends up happening is that it closes one page too many when it gets to the experience window and that is why you get a black screen.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml (284 Bytes, 316 views)
Unread 02-03-2005, 06:02 PM
A Brown Bear

Fix works perfectly! Thanks a million, Taco-man!
Unread 02-03-2005, 06:05 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gethsemane
Fix works perfectly! Thanks a million, Taco-man!
always happy to help, and i am glad to see that it worked for sure for someone else.

thor797 will probably release an official update to resolve the problem now that it is know how to fix it.
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:14 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
always happy to help, and i am glad to see that it worked for sure for someone else.

thor797 will probably release an official update to resolve the problem now that it is know how to fix it.

Yes Im going to Update this now, i took out all the Stuff within the experience.xml to get rid of the bar completely. I had no problems with doing this on my machine. Thats y i was so surprised to hear these problems.

As for copying files from the instructions if you read this correctly its very simple.

------------------------
Installation notes
------------------------

In the EQ2 directory put the eq2.ini file.

Under EQ2/UI make a folder named fenix. ( Now you have 2 folders named fenix , one you unzipped and the one in the EQ2/UI folder. )

Copy Contents of EQ2/UI/Default, into EQ2/UI/fenix . ( This pertains to Fenix folder that you created inside of the EQ2/UI directory.)

Replace the files inside the folder you unzipped with the files in EQ2/UI/Fenix . ( This pertains to Files only DO NOT COPY FOLDERS OVER, Copy the files with in the folders to their correct locations in the EQ2/UI/fenix folder. )

To Fix issues to your load screens : In the EQ2/UI/fenix folder Delete this file : eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml

***NOTE***

Do not just copy the whole images, or Frontend folder to the EQ2/UI/fenix, open the images folder then copy those files within the folders.
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Should just zip it up with folder directory still present, so they can just unzip it all together, and don't have to worry about puttings the right files in the right folders. They will be there already...

If this is already what your doing, then good
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Should just zip it up with folder directory still present, so they can just unzip it all together, and don't have to worry about puttings the right files in the right folders. They will be there already...

If this is already what your doing, then good

Yes im already doing this, i ask them to right click the zip and use extract here command to preserve the Files and folders, so they know where they are supossed to be replaced. I just dont see how i can make the instructions any more simpler . lol i did my best i replaced install notes again with some more explanations.
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:30 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well if it's only an error on their part I must say this:

One should have knowledge of files like .ZIP files, and folder directory, to be using modifcations in the first place. Learn to crawl before you walk right?

Else if it's just some wierd error:

Hopefully it's something minor and can be fixed with a little info from your side.
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:36 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
FOR EVERYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS MOD
delete the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml from the fenix folder, OR if you dont want the experience window to show up you can just replace the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml file in the fenix directory with the eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml attached to this post. for some reason his experience xml file is screwed up. below is what is in the experience file in the fenix mod
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

</Page>
that is all that is in it. the reason it was messing things up is because it closes a page but never opens one, so what ends up happening is that it closes one page too many when it gets to the experience window and that is why you get a black screen.
My experience Bar is in my Player Window, so i took out the stuff in the experience.xml, to take out the default EXP bar, i didnt know it would cause problems, i have no problems personally with the file like this.

Might their be an easier way to make the EXP bar go completely invisible?
So i can add the file instead of telling peeps to delete it.
Unread 02-03-2005, 08:37 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Well if it's only an error on their part I must say this:

One should have knowledge of files like .ZIP files, and folder directory, to be using modifcations in the first place. Learn to crawl before you walk right?

Else if it's just some wierd error:

Hopefully it's something minor and can be fixed with a little info from your side.
Here are the New install notes Tell me if you see a problem.

------------------------
Installation notes
------------------------

In the EQ2 directory put the eq2.ini file.

Under EQ2/UI make a folder named fenix. ( Now you have 2 folders named fenix , one you unzipped and the one in the EQ2/UI folder. )

Copy Contents of EQ2/UI/Default, into EQ2/UI/fenix . ( This pertains to Fenix folder that you created inside of the EQ2/UI directory.)

Replace the files inside the folder you unzipped with the files in EQ2/UI/Fenix . ( This pertains to Files only DO NOT COPY FOLDERS OVER, Copy the files with in the folders to their correct locations in the EQ2/UI/fenix folder. )

To Fix issues to your load screens : In the EQ2/UI/fenix folder Delete this file : eq2ui_mainhud_experience.xml

***NOTE***

Do not just copy the whole images, or Frontend folder to the EQ2/UI/fenix, open the images folder then copy those files within the folders.
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:54 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor797
My experience Bar is in my Player Window, so i took out the stuff in the experience.xml, to take out the default EXP bar, i didnt know it would cause problems, i have no problems personally with the file like this.

Might their be an easier way to make the EXP bar go completely invisible?
So i can add the file instead of telling peeps to delete it.
yes use the experience xml file that i attached to the post that you just quoted.