EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 08-13-2008, 01:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Zone window

When zoning, the new zone progress window which has the new "Did you know..." messages above it, is no longer centered. I am using a fresh install of the interface (delete previous fetish directory before copying files), so it doesnt seem to be an artifact of mixed installs. The window seems to place itself low and to the right, and moving it to the center of the screen does not help since the window does not save its location.

My resolution is 1920x1200, I can post a screenshot if its needed, but all that would show is a far off center zone window. This is the first fetish release where this has been an issue, all previous versions of the fetish interface have had zone windows that center properly.

I was wondering if UI savy people out there might be able to tell me what to modify in the xml files to remedy this issue. I suppose I could try revert back to a zone window from fetish 9.9, but I would prefer to just fix the current zone window.

Thanks in advance!
Unread 08-13-2008, 01:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Assuming Fetish has a mini zoning window, then in the XML you should be able to center it by having in the second line the parameter PackLocation="cpc,cpc". Remove any PackLocationProp parameter you find in that line.
Unread 08-13-2008, 08:08 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Test

Speaking of Zoning windows.... Is it really necessary to have a picture showing on it? Could it not just be the exit button, zoning progress bar, and did you know messages? Can we not condense it? As fast as we zone these days, does anyone really pay any attention to it or even notice what the graphic was?

Signature created by Seagoat..
Unread 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
A Forest Scavenger

The 2nd line in the file is as follows.

<Page Activated="true" BackgroundOpacity="0.004" Location="446,295" Name="Zoning" PackLocation="cfc,cfc" PackSize="fixed,fixed" ScrollExtent="520,450" Size="520,450" UserMovable="true" version="1.1">

The pack location is already set to cfc,cfc, and the other parameter you mentioned is not there. Is the Location parameter involved?
Unread 08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Here is a screenshot of the problem, I overlayed a couple of lines showing the center of the image. I also shrunk the image significantly since the original resolution was 1920x1200.
Unread 08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Just to double check, I just did another clean install of the fetish 10.0 updated UI, deleteing the old fetish directory first. The problem does still persist.
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I to had the same problem Vulcanus. Find the eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml file in your UI and in the second line change the Location="446,295" to Location="250,150". Hopefully that will solve your problem.
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Guk

I will confirm this as well. As soon as I updated to 10.0 (clean install) the zoning window became off-centered.
Unread 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM
A Forest Scavenger

At least in my case, changing the Location to 250,150 moved the zone window, but not to a centered location. It is now to the top and left of center instead of bottom and right. I suppose Ill have to play with these values to try and get this to work for me. I was hoping there was a way to do this without magic numbers, since I never had to tweak values in the xml on previous versions.

Ill try fiddling with this for now, I suspect the values for the location are dependent on the users game resolution.
Unread 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I tried replacing cfc,cfc with cpc,cpc and it did not change anything. This obviously isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice for aesthetics sake to have it centered properly again. Thanks for the help gm9.
Unread 08-13-2008, 04:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Bah, now you made me download Fetish.

Fixed file attached, as Vulcanus mentioned above the location was off, I centered it both horizontally and vertically for you.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_hud_zoning.xml (5.3 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by gm9 : 08-13-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Unread 08-13-2008, 05:10 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Bah was it just simply fixing the coords? Sorry I guess I could have done that myself. Thanks much for your help gm9, sorry to put you out like that.
Unread 08-14-2008, 12:31 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Lol, yes it was just the cords. Apparently I neglected to recenter after skinning, so it was off a tad and more so on larger screens.

I'm hoping to find time to address the handfull of minor bugs and release an update soon. So far all very minor tweaks.
Unread 08-14-2008, 02:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Bah was it just simply fixing the coords? Sorry I guess I could have done that myself. Thanks much for your help gm9, sorry to put you out like that.
Hehe, no problem, there are buttons in UIbuilder (the UI editing tool) to do the recentering for you, so not much effort involved at all.
Unread 08-17-2008, 12:52 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Thanks for the help guys, =).