Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 01-14-2005, 02:02 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost
Exclamation See your bank contents

/show_window Inventory.Bank

You can use this anywhere to view your bank contents. You can open containers, examine items, and you can even drag items into chat to make links. But, you cannot move items in or out of the bank, since you're not in a Bank Transaction.

This means Quest Items you need to examine to further the progress of a quest can be left in the bank.

Enjoy.
Unread 01-14-2005, 02:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

if you substitute Market for Bank, you can view whats for sale. See something you want to buy, log off, log on mule, buy and enjoy
Unread 01-14-2005, 02:36 PM
A Coastal Crab

Awesome, thanks for the tips!
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I love you!
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Neriak

If I open either window when not selecting a banker or a broker, I get empty useless windows. Am I doing something wrong?
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:13 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Yes, you are. B in Bank needs to be capitalized, as does M in Market; the rest can be lowercase.

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:27 PM
A Griffon

ugh, am I stupid, or what.. I made the same mistake with the Character window too - I'm used to DAoC not being case sensitive.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow
Default remember fight club?

and now they will nerf it and no one will be able to use it. Possibly by disabling /show_window, which will put a nice dent in our abilities.

Last edited by insomniac : 01-14-2005 at 03:44 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

they are going to nerf it for sure now that everyone knows.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fairly certain its very well know by just about everyone on my server. Was all over the trade channel over the last few days.
Unread 01-14-2005, 03:57 PM
A Griffon

Maybe not.. it's pretty obvious that Sony doesn't bother to listen to player concerns anyway, so why would they listen to player chat ingame?

/em is actually happy about that, for once!

PS - Mr Bobble being the exception He seems to be incredibly helpful..
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:41 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Because if you benefit from it, they will nerf it.

And if I hated sony I would say and if it was something that is broken, they don't fix it.

But so far EQ2 is doing a very good job at fixing stuff
Unread 01-14-2005, 06:59 PM
A Griffon

If I worked for Sony, and saw this thread, I'd "nerf" it too.

They do look out for our best interest you know; they're trying to make an interesting, long-term game. If you want an easy game that caters to your every whim which you'll get bored of in a month or two, go check out Blizzard's baby. Things like the viewable from anywhere bank, although not game-breaking, or really that insanely useful, if misunderstood by a SOE employee who has control over game mechanics, could get fixed, or worse, over-corrected and not let any windows be forcibly opened. If I worked for SOE and read this thread, I might misunderstand exactly what's going on when you /show_window the bank and might think it's allowing full bankability from anywhere (considering how people are reacting with "oh no, it'll get nerfed" replies).

Just because a bug is beneficial to the player, doesn't mean it getting fixed is a nerf. A nerf is when an intentional game mechanic is made less beneficial to the player (though the change is usually beneficial to the game community at large). Making this window not work out in the field, or the market window, would simply be a bug fix.

This thread needs to not get anymore negative attention, unless of course you want it to get fixed.

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 07:01 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule

does the .Market show the broker(local) market and if so, whats the command for the fence(non-local) market? Just wondering what the distinction between the two commands would be.
Unread 01-14-2005, 07:02 PM
A Griffon

It shows the local market. You can't access the opposing market except at the fence.

Quib
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:42 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
If I worked for Sony, and saw this thread, I'd "nerf" it too.

They do look out for our best interest you know; they're trying to make an interesting, long-term game. If you want an easy game...
Execpt that this isn't a "triple your exp from a bug" bug. this is purely a convenience thing. Easily browsing the market doesnt make the game any easier, it just means i dont need to buy a second accout with a mule on it to see whats for sale. Nerf, bugfix, whatever. Posting about it gets it removed, and in this case, its not harming anyone. (really, its not.)

The probelm is how they fix it, if its by removing /show_window, that will suck bigtime. That whole command is probably unintentional (ie, they left a TON of dev commands in). thats why the /toggles are there.

Last edited by insomniac : 01-14-2005 at 08:51 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 08:47 PM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

there you go webster, add the definition of "nerf" in your book
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:21 AM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:38 PM
A Griffon

Actually, the whole idea that SOE doesn't care about their customers probably is more sentiment than reality.

Sony doesn't respond to people when they post about annoyances and bugs - even if the players are unfounded with their gripes, at least having someone from SOE talk to the customer base about the issue would make all of us feel more involved.

For instance, Mr Bobble posting on here occasionally is GREAT. Makes me feel that SOE actually does care about supporting UI mods. And all it takes is one of their many employees making a post now and then. If I knew the SOE President personally, I'd tell him that Mr Bobble is probably the best face that SOE has out there for EQ2.

Have you ever read the boards on eqiiforums.station.sony.com? There are three SOE employees that post on there that I have seen. One is Moorgard, and most of what he posts is news like patch notes and explanations of game features. The other two are TSRs, and they post the same stupid 'solutions' that don't work over and over again - not very helpful at all.

So, it doesn't surprise me that people think SOE doesn't care about them - but I also do think that someone at SOE has got to be listening to at least some of this stuff. Maybe there is just one idiot in charge of public relations, who prevents anyone except his crack squad of four guys to post in public forums.
Unread 01-14-2005, 09:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: The Bazaar

honestly wouldn't supprise me if they nered the dev commands they left in, but in my opinion... they should leave these things in.
Unread 01-14-2005, 10:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Well...

Having someone respond to all the posts about things that don't work would required a person. A person with knowledge.

This person is either

1) an extra hired person
2) a very good citizen that works for no money and has superior knowledg about a lot of stuff
3) an actual dev

If it's an actual dev, that means they have to take time to answer everything instead of work on fixing it all

If it's an extra hired person, well finding someone like that i'm sure is hard to come buy, especially for them to have knowledge on all subjects

And if it's number 2, well that's just a miracle isn't it?

*edit* Also, I like that they have message boards, but I think their /feedback and /bug system is more versatile. People can only do so much.
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:02 PM
A Griffon

I don't think it would take that much time out of their schedule. Look at DAoC - the developer integration with the community is incredible. They have someone who does nothing but work on the 'insider' webpage (camelotherald.com) but that person is really close to the developers, and goes straight to them to ask about issues that the community is having.

Also, if each developer would spend say 15 minutes or so a day, or an hour a week even, just browsing around on the forums and having the freedom to answer questions for people - imagine how far that would go to make the community feel heard.
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:33 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
1) an extra hired person
2) a very good citizen that works for no money and has superior knowledg about a lot of stuff
3) an actual dev
What i never understand is why no company finds #2 and hires him. Get a guy whos ONLY job is to find out answers for people, even if its "suggestion noted, no comment at this time." or something, just to let people know THIS individual thread was listened to.

anyway back on topic, dear sony (and bobbleman), please dont take our pretty dev commands away, we like causing mischef with them. =D

Last edited by insomniac : 01-14-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Unread 01-14-2005, 11:49 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
there you go webster, add the definition of "nerf" in your book
If they can put "Bling" in the dictionary i can see that happening too

And for an on topic note:

I cant see this really affecting game play at all with the exception of examining quest items from the bank window. In that case all that would need to change/bug fix/nerf/"insert your term here" is to make it so you can only get the quest flag from items if its in your inventory. being able to browse the market, but not buy, still means you have to make the decision to drop from whatever you are doing, run back to town or change toons then go buy it. I personally would not drop from a group just to log toons and buy something thats not always going to benefit me as much as my next level will.

And i swear that EQ2 banner at the top of the screen says "Bone your skills" . . . no.. wait... thats Hone your skills... /sigh.. i just cant read their default font choices..... again

Last edited by Vikan Karo : 01-15-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Unread 01-15-2005, 01:44 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Has anyone other than the original poster tested this?

For ****'s and giggles i just decided to give it a whirl and it's simply not working for me. The window does pop-up as advertised, however all contents within the widnow are the default "glowy circle" and not clickable. it appears to just be loading up the default display from the xml file and not bothering with contents.

Though, if i go to the banker and actually click it the proper way, works the way it's intended.

Can someone else confirm this does indeed work before i start tearing all my mods apart trying to figure out what's gone wrong?
Unread 01-15-2005, 02:09 AM
A Griffon

/show_window is cap sensitive try /show_window Mainhud.Bank