EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I've been looking over the dirge rez macros in this thread and didn't see any that announce in a channel instead of raid chat. How would I write the macro to announce in a channel name or number and groupsay, instead of raid/tell?
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:09 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alikat View Post
I've been looking over the dirge rez macros in this thread and didn't see any that announce in a channel instead of raid chat. How would I write the macro to announce in a channel name or number and groupsay, instead of raid/tell?
replace raidsay by groupsay. For channels replace it by tellchannel and the channel name or just the channel number. Commands are really just like what you could put yourself in the chat box, except that you don't need the / slash.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-17-2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: fixed tellchannel syntax
Unread 12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok,

I just took the dirge macro from the first page and edited it to what sounds like would be correct:

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door
ponder Parent.Target
groupsay REZZING Parent.Target
tell channel.2 REZZING Parent.Target" Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
ponder Parent.Target
groupsay GROUP REZZ INC ON Parent.Target
tell channel.2 GROUP REZ INC ON Parent.target" Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>

Did I do the channel thing right or is it tell 2, tellchannel 2, tellchannel2, tellchannel.2, etc?
Unread 12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sorry, I mistyped channel number instead of name above. The correct syntax is

tellchannel <channelname> <message>

Very handy for any kind of macro since channel numbers may be different between alts. I'm using it all the time.
Unread 12-26-2007, 12:18 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have read thru this forums and actually got a lot of my questions regarding putting in raidsay to my dirge rezzes and such, though one thing I could not figure out was how to make it say

Player says the raid party "<Rezzing Dead_player>"

The only issue I'm having is getting the < > in those locations.
Because if I put anything before the word REZZING in the code it messes up.

I have tried a multiple of things but to no success.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Unread 12-26-2007, 01:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Also started setting up my spells for my dad's fury and all the buttons work except #2, which I do not see why.

Code:
</Page>
	<Page Name="Fury">
		<Data Name="Button1" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Dire Bloodflow'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 78)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Greater Bloodflow' : SpellForMyLevel
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 68)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Untamed Bloodflow' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="Dire Bloodflow (Greater Bloodflow)"/>
		<Data Name="Button2"  Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Grand Elixir'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 73)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Nature&apos;s Elixir' : SpellForMyLevel
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 60)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Ferine Elixir' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="Large Heal"/>
		<Data Name="Button3" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Dire Salve'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 71)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Wild Salve' : SpellForMyLevel
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 57)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Feral Salve' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="Small Heal"/>
		<Data Name="Button4" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Return to the Pack'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 72)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Back into the Fray' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="Return to the Pack (Back into the Fray)"/>
		<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Sylvan Touch" Tooltip="Sylvan Touch"/>
	</Page>
Unread 01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Mentored level oddness

I set up _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt using gm9's code for level detection, so I could have two characters of the same class but different levels and not have to constantly swap out different versions of the file. I'm testing level against:

Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text

The problem is that, when I'm mentored, this seems to show the level I'm mentoring to, not my actual level, so the buttons wind up firing off my obsolete abilities, not my current ones (eg. a 39 warden mentored to 14 has Bloom go off instead of Nature's Caress). I know in the dynamic data there's Level vs. EffectiveLevel. Is there a way to test for true (unmentored) level?
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good point tknarr, I never though about that. I guess I'll have to add the EffectiveLevel dynamic data somewhere and use that instead. It's not currently used anywhere so you can't currently address it via the buttons.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:23 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Good point tknarr, I never though about that. I guess I'll have to add the EffectiveLevel dynamic data somewhere and use that instead. It's not currently used anywhere so you can't currently address it via the buttons.
I'd found the EffectiveLevel data, but it's the opposite of what I'm looking for. It shows my mentored level, what I'm looking for is my true level regardless of what level I'm mentored down to. What I'm seeing happen with the auto-level-detection code you posted for the QRBs is that, if I'm a level 65 warden mentored down to level 20, the buttons wind up casting my low-level spells instead of the highest-level ones I have. I'm going to experiment tonight with dumping some info out in a chat channel to see exactly what the variables are.

What's interesting is that the Level dynamic data doesn't appear to be a number. When you're mentored it looks like the text is something like 15(39), not just a number, where the first number is your current level and the number in parentheses is your true level.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

So the data works like this?

Self.Level = 15(39)
Self.EffectiveLevel = 15
Group.Group_0.Level = 15 (this is what is currently used, so the behaviour of the buttons is expected)

If there is no other dynamic data that works correctly I'll just have to work around that and store your unmentored level upon login and check it periodically. If the dynamic data is higher than the stored value update the stored value, otherwise leave it be. Easy enough.

PS: You can check dynamic data values with the /dynamicdata command, no need to dump it to chat channels.

Last edited by gm9 : 01-14-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Self.Level = 15(39)
Self.EffectiveLevel = 15
Group.Group_0.Level = 15 (this is what is currently used, so the behaviour of the buttons is expected)
I think that's it. But that makes me wonder, since it means there's no difference between Self.Level and Self.EffectiveLevel and that doesn't make any sense. I'm also going to post a query over in the SOE Look and Feel and Tech Support forums.
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I'm also going to post a query over in the SOE Look and Feel and Tech Support forums.
I wouldn't bother, this is nothing for Tech Support and I have yet to see a dev post in Look and Feel... (not that I would be looking at it either)

I'll double check your data and then I'll just ask Rothgar about it. As you may have seen he has been very helpful end of last year and this one looks easy enough to fix unless it is intentional, which I doubt.
Unread 01-16-2008, 02:03 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
I'll double check your data and then I'll just ask Rothgar about it. As you may have seen he has been very helpful end of last year and this one looks easy enough to fix unless it is intentional, which I doubt.
When I checked while mentored (39 mentored down to 14), the Self.Level dynamic data shows up as "14 (39)". I'm thinking it's going to require a new bit of dynamic data, to avoid breaking things that depend on Self.Level showing both mentored and true level for humans to read. Ah well. Thanks for the level-detecting template code, it works quite nicely when not mentored.
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Rothgar is trying to squeeze Self.ActualLevel still into the GU42. Cheers Rothgar!
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Rothgar is trying to squeeze Self.ActualLevel still into the GU42. Cheers Rothgar!
Nice. Thanks, Rothgar.
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:55 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I have tried to add my own macros for my Dirge and last night I finally got to test it out. Unfortunately it didn't work. Nothing was announced in /r or /g and I can't figure out why. I also need to be able to make the name of the person and their group (for rezzes especially) stand out. This is what I have:

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;" Tooltip="Elegy at Death&apos;s Door"/>
raidsay REZZING ! Parent.Target ! " Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
groupsay REZZING ! Parent.Target ! " Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy of Awakening" Tooltip="Elegy of Awakening"/>
raidsay GROUP REZ on !! Parent.target !! " Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
groupsay GROUP REZ on !! Parent.target !! " Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Speech of Sacrifice'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.GroupMembers.GroupMember0.MemberInfoPage.Level.Text < 78)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Oration of Sacrifice' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="Speech of Sacrifice (Oration of Sacrifice)"/>
raidsay Quick HEAL on Parent.Target ! Losing health for a short time. " Tooltip="Heal"/>
groupsay Quick HEAL on Parent.Target ! Losing health for a short time. " Tooltip="Heal"/>
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Gravitas" Tooltip="Gravitas"/>
tell Parent.Target Gravitas is on you. My song empowers you with Improved Healing for a short time.
raidsay Improved Healing for Parent.Target" Tooltip="Gravitas"/>

Also, Would it mess up the coding/text if I used a symbol or two from word around what I say? That way I can make it stand out better than caps. The only thing I can think of that is messing up the macros is th '!' before Parent.Target.

Help?
Unread 01-31-2008, 11:34 PM
A Sea Turtle

The clue that i have to use Notepad++ solved all my probs. Many thanks for that. was getting insane already
Unread 02-01-2008, 03:05 AM
A Dragoon Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezy View Post
Also, Would it mess up the coding/text if I used a symbol or two from word around what I say? That way I can make it stand out better than caps. The only thing I can think of that is messing up the macros is th '!' before Parent.Target.
The greatest error is, that you ended the normal node and just added additional incomplete lines. All the actions you want to be taken must stand in one string inside the Macro parameter. Each command must be written at the very beginning of a new line.

Here is the fixed Version:

Code:
<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;
raidsay REZZING ! Parent.Target !
groupsay REZZING ! Parent.Target ! " Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy of Awakening
raidsay GROUP REZ on !! Parent.target !! 
groupsay GROUP REZ on !! Parent.target !! " Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Speech of Sacrifice'
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Oration of Sacrifice' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel
raidsay Quick HEAL on Parent.Target ! Losing health for a short time. 
groupsay Quick HEAL on Parent.Target ! Losing health for a short time. " Tooltip="Heal"/>
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Gravitas
tell Parent.Target Gravitas is on you. My song empowers you with Improved Healing for a short time.
raidsay Improved Healing for Parent.Target" Tooltip="Gravitas"/>
I don't know if ! will work, but I think it should.

Last edited by Calain80 : 02-01-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Asking about "!"
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Any ideas on getting special characters like ♫ or ♪ working with the xml?

For example:

<Data Name="Button4" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Gravitas'
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel
tell Parent.Target ♫♪ GRAVITAS! ♪♫" Tooltip="(80) Gravitas"/>

EDIT:

Right now that code works but will /tell <username> jk Gravitas kj
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No chance, the eq2 ui scripting engine does not support non-US-ASCII characters. Please /feedback for a change often...
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Will do, thanks for the quick reply!
Unread 08-06-2008, 06:11 PM
A Brown Bear

I spent like the past hour tryna work this out looking at all the solutions here and well..

Code:
	<Page Name="Troubador">
		<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
raidsay oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, isn't it pretty.
groupsay oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, isn't it pretty." Tooltip="Jester&apos;s Cap"/>
Thats what I'm trying.. it doesn't seem to work.. it worked one line but multi-lines it doesn't work

Any help?
Unread 08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

try to
raidsay &quot; <your text here> &quot;
Unread 08-07-2008, 09:07 AM
A Brown Bear

Thanks for the reply mate, I see you always reply and thats cool.

Code:
	<Page Name="Troubador">
		<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
raidsay &quot; oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, isn't it pretty. &quot;
groupsay &quot; oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, isn't it pretty. &quot;" Tooltip="Jester&apos;s Cap"/>
Thats what I'm doing but now it casts the spell on the right person and says it to raid but it doesn't say the name.. just "Parent.Target" lol and doesnt do the group command?

What am I doing wrong
Unread 08-07-2008, 09:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

My fault, should have told you to do it like this:
raidsay oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, &quot;isn't it pretty.&quot;
groupsay oOO Parent.Target OOo you have a new cap, &quot;isn't it pretty.&quot;
Or just remove the ' from isn't, that's what's causing the problems. You can also do it using my automatic configurator (requires MS Excel), that one will always strip the ' though (was easier to program like that, lol).