Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 01-09-2009, 06:17 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Default DynamicData initialization timing and event scripting

I just felt very stupid when I found a Russian version of ProfitUI they distribute on norrath.ru and saw that they solved the issue I (and others here) had with the subclass detection and the timing of the initialization of the subclass dynamic data.

The very simple solution: A Textbox has an OnChange event. /facepalm

Doesn't matter much now that we get OnTextChanged with GU51 but I still thought I'd post that here.

Oh and major negative props to the Russian modder(s) for taking the work here without asking or giving much credit (all I saw was a link back to the "English version") and then not even feeding the fixes they do back to us. That's not how you do it guys, that's bad style.
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:43 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

The UITextBox OnChange event fires anytime the text changes which means every keypress. This can be useful in some situations.

The new event OnTextChanged works for UIText objects, so its better suited for doing something when a label is modified by dynamic data or by code.
Unread 01-12-2009, 04:20 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I love you both I was just about to make a post if that was still going in 51 since it wasn't in the patch notes. Is it on test at the moment?
Unread 01-12-2009, 05:24 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Yes, it should be on Test with the other changes I've mentioned here on EQIIInterface. Not sure why I didn't include update notes, I thought I did. They have just not made the release note text.
Unread 01-12-2009, 05:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar View Post
Yes, it should be on Test with the other changes I've mentioned here on EQIIInterface. Not sure why I didn't include update notes, I thought I did. They have just not made the release note text.
They probably thought that with too many UI updates listed people would complain that you should rather spend your time on class balancing.
Unread 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Speaking of class balancing.. ROFL J/K

Keep up the good work Rothgar!
Unread 01-25-2009, 03:43 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Another thread just made me think of this one regarding custom window loading, not sure if you guys had realized this but it probably can't hurt to state it clearly:

Custom interface windows can load (/show_window) themselves using OnChange or the new OnTextChanged!

(yeah, another /facepalm)