EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 08-05-2007, 08:54 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Persona window not closing?

I am trying to edit an all ready existing person window mod, to add 1 dynamic stat to it for personal use.

Personally I don't like having lots of custom ui stuff.. I like the original ui just fine. However some parts of it I have changed out with mixing some ui mods here and there. Like a smaller raid window and a more informing persona window.

I ended up using Ganthis' melee focused persona window as it fit my need almost to the letter. My problem is that my main character is a ranger and he didn't put ranged double attack on it. So I took it into my own hands and tried adding it myself.

I found the task quite easy, just adding another object entry by moving the allready existing objects a bit around. Easy to do when you have his existing numbers etc to work with.

My problem is that everytime I put my modified version in my Ui directory to use it something a bit out of whack happens.

I start up the game, open the persona window by hitting "p" and there my ranged double attack is right where I want it to be, but here is the clue. When trying to close the persona window again by hitting p, nothing happens. So I thought well I must have accidenty edited something on the way. Oh well not much to do I will start over, and I did.. twice.

I also tried reverting to his original version and the persona window is still closing perfectly.

Anyone have any input on this?
Unread 08-05-2007, 11:00 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Are you editing the file in the UIBuilder or in a text editor?

If you attach the xml file we can probably tell you what the problem is if it's obvious.
Unread 08-06-2007, 05:23 AM
A Brown Bear

in ui builder.

I guess I can get the xml file up.. I just figured it might be a thumb rule to something you had to do whenever you saved a persona window or something.. cause IMO it doesn't really make sense.

I just now noticed that after I added the ranged double attack the tabs disapeared as well..

Here

Last edited by RabbitFly : 08-06-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Unread 08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Oh, I think I know what your problem is.

The UIBuilder is pretty old, from 2005, and it's obvious that SOE is using a new version or something else to work on the UI. I only use it as a visual aid and to test some scripts but I do all editing and saving from a text editor, Notepad++.

When you're saving your changes to the persona window the UIBuilder is incorrectly interpreting the path to the tabs datasource as described on this page:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...onaWindow.html

I use this persona window for myself:
http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4373.html
I'll probably upload a new version since I've made a couple changes since that last one. It may have more information than you want though.

P.S. You can attach files to your post also. It's usually easier for me.

Last edited by Othesus : 08-08-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Unread 08-08-2007, 01:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
When you're saving your changes to the persona window the UIBuilder is incorrectly interpreting the path to the tabs datasource as described on this page:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...onaWindow.html
That is interesting, I had not heard that before. I just saved my persona window with UIbuilder two days ago. I went back to check and luckily this did not occur. I'm generally using Notetab++ for most edits as well though.
Unread 08-09-2007, 06:18 AM
A Brown Bear

Wow thanks Othesus.

Personally I used Uibuilder cause I have never worked with UI-xml files before, and it made it easy for me to do exactly what I wanted, just copy and modify an allready existing object.

However thanks for finding the problem for me, and I found the faulty lines quite easy with RickF7666's explanation. All I did was opening my allready edited XML file inside notepad, and deleting the 2 wrongfully placed "/". Works perfectly now.

Thanks again.