EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 03-20-2011, 09:48 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Very confused - updater or not?

I installed ProfitUI Maintained today and the FAQ said to use the autoupdater to install it correctly. So I did. Same with EQ2map and the autoupdater.

Neither works. This was a fresh install.

Now I am reading comments from people saying not to use the profit updater because it is not up to date.

Under my .../everquestII/UI/ProfitUI there are many files and subfolders. Looks good.

Under my .../everquestII/eq2.ini file are these lines:

cl_ui_skinname ProfitUI
cl_ui_subdir UI/

But when I create a char, it only gives me a choice of using some previous toon's default UIs.

When I try /loadui, my only choices are default and default(blue).

How can I get profit to work.

My apologies for such a basic question.

Pennie
Unread 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Well, first, the UI settings are separate from the UI. With those settings in eq2.ini you'll always use ProfitUI. When you're offered the option of loading the UI settings from an existing character, all that does is load window positions and sizes and the like. If the UI settings came from a different UI (say the character's UI was arranged using the default UI but you're now running ProfitUI), window positions will be weird. You should also see a number of UI settings for the ProfitUI server for characters corresponding to various screen resolutions. Those are Profit's default UI layouts for different screen sizes.

/loadui is a command you shouldn't use. It doesn't load the UI settings, it reloads the underlying UI XML. It's notoriously buggy and doesn't initialize everything completely, basically if you aren't a UI developer you probably shouldn't be using it.

As far as the ProfitUI updater vs. zip file, the updater always has the most current files on it. The zip file is only rebuilt intermittently, so it's almost always out-of-date. Generally you want to use the updater so you get the current files with all the bug-fixes and updates to match changes in the game.
Unread 03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penstar View Post
How can I get profit to work.
Point it at the folder where the EQ2 installation you are actually using is located. You pointed it to another one.
Unread 03-21-2011, 12:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

To build upon gm9's explanation: Right click the icon you use to launch eq2. Choose properties. The text in the Working directory or start in field is the path to the eq2 installation that you actually use. You need to make sure the profit updater and if you use it, the eq2map updater, are pointed there.

Silat
Unread 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thank you wise ones. I thought since there were currently dated files in the Sony/everquestII directory that it was the current one.

Thanks for your help!