Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread

Unread 03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
A Grassland Beetle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default ProfitUI Reborn [Help & Feedback]

The title says it all. Let's keep the main thread as clean as possible and post all the questions/feedback/suggestions here, which I can then move over to the main thread as I see fit. I'll format this thing a little bit once we get the transition from the old post (and the even older post, sorry guys!) out of the way and people posting here.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>
Unread 03-16-2006, 02:46 AM
A Grassland Beetle

Server: Lucan DLere

You can find the Main thread for Profit UI for the download link, installation instructions, addons, fixes and so forth

>> Here <<

Please keep comments on that thread minimal or, more preferrably, non-existant and instead post here.

<< Spiricore >>
aka Jiivin n'Groovin (retired)
aka Faultline
aka Aexenius
<< Lucan DLere >>

Last edited by Spiricore : 03-16-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Unread 03-16-2006, 05:03 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle

I have searched through the forums but since I don't really know much about custom interfaces my search terms were probably lacking so if this is answered elsewhere please forgive me and just point me in the right direction.

I just loaded up Profit UI and I love it. The only problem is the Chat window. For some reason every time I right click and select Chat Options my client locks up. Its a bit of a pain since its hard to change chat windows and I cannot change text size.

I am happy enough with the default chat window so I would like to just us that one. How do I use Profit except for the Profit Chat window.

I am hoping that going back to the default chat window will solve my lock up problem.

Thanks,

Siniac
Unread 03-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

Try moving (or deleting it) the following file from the Profit18 folder:

eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml

See if that helps.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniac
I am hoping that going back to the default chat window will solve my lock up problem.
Sorry if that's a stupid question, but did everything work fine before installing ProfitUI? I don't think that the chat options window is modified in ProfitUI, that's why I ask (I'll check though).

Anyway, do as Pixi suggested, and please let us know whether it works. I'll be doing some changes to the chat window anyway, so maybe the next version will help solve your problem.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Yup there is a mainchat file in the ProfitUi Folder. Deleted it and it sent me back to the default chat window. Unfortunatly it still locks up the client when I go to Chat Options.

Did it work before? Well at some point it did but I have to admit that I have not needed to adjust it for a fairly long time. It could have been broken before I installed the Ui but I am not sure.

Now since I am paranoid I backed up my entire EQ2 directory before I started fiddling around with Profit. I suppose I could revert to that to test it out. Or maybe I only need to move a few files to check.

Sin
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:58 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siniac
Or maybe I only need to move a few files to check.
Basically all you need to change is the eq2.ini file in the main EQ2 directory.
Unread 03-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Cry Spoon!
Premium Member

Server: Oggok

The next step I'd take is to remove any custom UI's and clean out all the .ini files. Make sure it works at bare-bone, so to speak. If that does the trick you can add Profit again (preferably straight from a newly downloaded zip to make sure you get "fresh" files that aren't corrupted by some hickup or other) and see if that's the reason you lock up.

Bugrit - 64 Monk - 51 Tailor
Boznak - 64 Warden - 41 Provisioner

Founder and proud leader of: Alternate Reality
Bringing the lazy slackery back in the game.
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

ok love this UI and I am really really glad that you are working on this for us! I just downloaded ver F and I love everything but how small the hotkeys are. How the heck do I make them bigger? like the ones in the pic below: (yes that is a SOE G< trying to kill me )
[IMG][/IMG]

I have tried to do the resize option in game but my icons get all cut off and jacked up. Please help as xml is some weird language from the planet X. thanks
Unread 03-18-2006, 11:57 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathn2875
ok love this UI and I am really really glad that you are working on this for us! I just downloaded ver F and I love everything but how small the hotkeys are. How the heck do I make them bigger? like the ones in the pic below: (yes that is a SOE G< trying to kill me )

I have tried to do the resize option in game but my icons get all cut off and jacked up. Please help as xml is some weird language from the planet X. thanks
1. Right click hotkeys and chose resize icon. Chose preferred size
2. After than, drag edge of hotkey windows(it is common way to resize windows)
- If you can't find edge of hotkey windows, use F10 key, it will be help(for return to nomal, use F10 again and again)

It will really works

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:27 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Venekor

Thanks, hhee I didnt even think of the f10 yesterday. So I got it to work, on a side note I would not recomend doing this in the middle of Ant on Venekor hehe almost died!
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ohhhhh

Big Thanx Guys for keeping ProfitUI alive
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:13 AM
A Brown Bear

This is my first Custom UI and it is infinitely better than the standard one. I never thought much about custom skins and such... thought it was just eye candy before... but this looks and works so much better than the Sony one!

I really like the way there is so much info displayed without taking up too much space, once I get used to where to look it will be even better. Thanks so much for putting this together... it is a very clean and efficient interface.

Only one small complaint: the button on the far left of each hot bar is really only half the size of all the others. The left side becomes the scroll arrows for moving between hot bars. I am using the lowest resolution (1024 x 768), so I'm not sure if it is a problem on the higher resolutions. I find it really easy (especially in combat) to change to another hot bar instead of pressing the button. So I just moved emotes into those spaces instead of combat arts, no big deal.

Thanks again for designing and publishing this interface, gm9, and I am really looking forward to seeing if you can figure out how to export guild events.

Esa
Unread 07-23-2006, 03:21 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks attesa, glad you like it. The scroll arrows on a hotbar are only enabled if you select "frame and titlebar" mode in windowsettings. The other modes disable the arrows. Will that help?
Unread 03-23-2006, 11:46 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Crushbone

You will have to add this line to the eq2ui_mainhud.xml

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_zonereuse.xml</include>

For the new zone lockout timer page to show.

Unread 03-23-2006, 12:15 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Splitpaw

Guys u think that with the new patch LU21 there will be a little problem or everything works fine?

enjoy^^
Unread 03-27-2006, 07:35 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

please consider including the font files in the DL, that way if you don't use the 1280x1024 version you don't have to hunt it down ...
Unread 04-05-2006, 10:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I just installed the UI, now none of my line commands work, i couldn't chat, respond to tells, or anyhting, the UI was 100% functional though. Is it possible that i deleted something or overwrited something i shouldn't have?

EDIT: Turns out when i deleted the profit_mainchat window it fixxed everything, so it appears as your mainchat peice is bugged.

Last edited by GnarDowg : 04-06-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Unread 04-06-2006, 05:00 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarDowg
I just installed the UI, now none of my line commands work, i couldn't chat, respond to tells, or anyhting, the UI was 100% functional though. Is it possible that i deleted something or overwrited something i shouldn't have?

EDIT: Turns out when i deleted the profit_mainchat window it fixxed everything, so it appears as your mainchat peice is bugged.
Not bugged but it is a bit odd. By default the Window has frames turned off. Unfortunatly the part of the window that you chat in is in the frame/titlebar. If you go to window settings and turn Frame and Titlebar on it works just fine.

Sin
Unread 04-06-2006, 07:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hello everyone

Until a week ago, I used a lot of single pieces of many different UIs. I am just now experimenting with Profit UI and I like it. But I like my small fonts also. The problem (as stated earlier in this thread) is, that XP-value looks a bit strange:

(picture from this thread, showing the problem)

So I have tried (but failed as of now) to make the display for XP a litte bit smaller using the EQ2-UI-Editor. Back in my DAOC-days I have tweaked UIs quite often but the DAOC-UI-Editor seems a lot more user-friendly than its EQ2-counterpart (showing not only some rectangles but the whole thing like it looks ingame).

I think, that for someone used to the EQ2-Editor it woul be a matter of a few minutes to make the display in the experience-window just a little bit smaller (thus removing the half drawn numbers seen above) and I hope such a person is reading this thread. Since the rest of the windows seem to run ok with small fonts, perhaps it would be something to include not only for me but other persons (who like to use small fonts) as well.

Thanks in advance and a good job done with this UI
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:59 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default target buffs

I had trouble finding the buffs of my target. I ended up figuring out that if i change my con_version (button in upper-right of target window) it shows up.
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Mistmoore
Default chat options

When I load the c&b, my first tab is ooc..and nothing is selected in it. Next I dont know if all the UIs do this, but I can't have guild chat on two different tabs. It might be other things too, I don't know.
Unread 04-17-2006, 01:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon360
When I load the c&b, my first tab is ooc..and nothing is selected in it. Next I dont know if all the UIs do this, but I can't have guild chat on two different tabs. It might be other things too, I don't know.
Hmm, I might have forgotten to check /ooc for ooc, I didn't yet check. Apart from the I didn't select any channels in there so you can put them in your own order.

For the guild chat edit eq2.ini and add the following line:
Code:
chat_allowduplicatechannels 1
This isn't included in the eq2.ini that comes with ProfitUI, which is probably why it stopped working for you (if it worked before).
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:01 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

sweet that will work ..thank you xarox
Unread 04-16-2006, 03:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Splitpaw

Hi there,
I'm new to using different UI's, and I have to say that this one is very good. Nice functionality while still keeping the feel of the game. Great work.

I am having some slight problems and I'm not sure if it is something I need to do.

1) With LU 22 they added the function where an unguilded character can use the guild window to search for guilds that are recruiting. However, I am unable to gett this window to come up. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

2) Also the panic button (great idea), strips the armour of my character, however, because my bags tend to be full a lot, I just get a message saying I can't do this. Is there a way to disable the removal of clothing?

3) This is more stylistic, but the experience number and Loading text reminds me more of a football scoreboard, and I wondered if there was a way to change this text so it was more like the rest of the UI.

Thank you in advance for any help. And also thank you for creating and maintaining an excellent UI.
Closed Thread