EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 11-28-2006, 08:44 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default UI Installation Problems

Really needing some ideas on this as it has me completely baffled. I've been using this site for quite some time now, from seperate interface peices to entire UI's (currently using profit) and never really had any trouble getting anything to work.

So a friend of mine joins EQ2 and one of the first things i do is point him here. He downloads Profit at my recommendation but can't get it working. I eventually make it over to his place and redownload it and install it from scratch exactly as it should be. Unzip it into the Everquest2 directory, it creates the necessary sub-folders, etc. I double checked the eq2.ini to make sure it was there and was pointing to profit directory. I even installed EQ2Maps and verified that when the updater is run it shows the updates are going to the ProfitUI directory as well.

Yet when he logs in he still has only default UI peices. Chat tabs aren't broken out, xp bar is the same default xp bar, etc, etc. If I /load_UIsettings the profit window arrangement files are there and move his stuff around but still just default Ui peices.

Finally gave up and tried installing another UI just in case it was just a profit problem (Fetish i believe), but same deal. Even tried recreating the eq2.ini with a new folder name, created the folder and placed just one dingle modified UI peice in it to see if that changed but no... still just the default peice when he logged in.

Can anyone see what I'm missing here?
Lvl 65 Mystic / 20 Tailor
Nahlis Muarr'Shef
Lvl 70 Brigand / 61 Jeweler

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
- Mark Twain, a Biography
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:26 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Make sure its eq2.ini and not eq2.ini.txt.

When saving it, make sure you drop down to "All files" and make sure the type is ini.
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lord, my archive already contains the correct eq2.ini.

Vanyari, is it possible that your friend switched the launcher region at some point which creates a subfolder with a separate EQ2 installation? In that case you would need to install the UI into that folder. Same for Test server installations.

To test whether you really installed in the correct folder you can also type /loadui. If ProfitUI is not on that list, then you got the wrong folder.
Unread 11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
A Griffon

Thanks both of you. The txt file vs ini I will have to have him check this evening.

I DID think to try /loadui though and Profit is listed there. It was even listed as the current as I would expect, so I switched to the default and then back to Profit but without any change. :-( It's really driving me nutty. heh
Nahlis Muarr'Shef

...honor is a harder master than the law. It cannot compromise for less than 100 cents on the dollar and its debts never outlaw.
Unread 11-28-2006, 11:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Hmm, that's really strange then. Can you define another UI in the eq2_recent.ini maybe? Never heard about it but maybe rename that file just to check. And cleaning out the Everquest 2\Cache folder is always a good idea as well.

Sorry, I'm also a bit in the dark here.
Unread 11-28-2006, 11:39 AM
A Griffon

Hmm, never really messed with the eq2_recent.ini but i'll definately give it a look this evening. Didn't think of clearing the Cache either so will try that as well. Thanks again and any other ideas anyone might have are more than welcome!
Nahlis Muarr'Shef