Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 12-02-2008, 05:59 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default In Game Search Option

Heya guys -

I have what I hope is a simple request. Can someone help me create a mod which creates a single button on the screen (which can be moved around and wont interfere with other mods), which when clicked opens a smaller window with a search bar which, when text is entered into and a second button (search) is clicked can write the contents of the search to an external file within the UI Directory?
Id also like to know if its possible to have a txt file loaded to display below the search bar which can update dynamically (so if the file is changed in the txt file the data is refreshed in game)
This could be used for a program idea I am working on to build a in game search engine for multiple uses. Let me know if its possible and if someone is willing to work on this with me.

Thanks!
Drop a email if your interested to [email protected]
Quellar
80 Necromancer - Mistmoore Server
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

what you are looking for is already in game, it is called the chat window.

dynamic updates only in the /browser and now via custom POI files, but the latter is very messy if you need constant updates. I'll let you figure it out.

Last edited by gm9 : 12-02-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

No.

1) Nothing we can do in the UI will write to any files the game does not already use. I suppose in theory you could use macros and /savehotkeys to get a quasi-output file, but that'd mean not having any other hotkeys on hotbars, and it still wouldn't really be anything close to what you're talking about. Your best bet would be to /say your stuff and have whatever program you want monitor that, ala already existing parsers

2) There is no way to have the game dynamically read a text file to display in the UI. The closest you might be able to get in that regard is either using the browser to display a html file or (if the result is in-game commands) using /dofilecommands
Unread 12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ah right, forgot to mention /dofilecommands

edit: actually the command is /do_file_commands, isn't it?

Last edited by gm9 : 12-02-2008 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 12-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
ah right, forgot to mention /dofilecommands

edit: actually the command is /do_file_commands, isn't it?
Yeah it may have underscores. I don't use it very often, and either way it wouldn't really be a solution for what the OP was talking about