EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 02-21-2005, 08:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Mistmoore
Default corrupt images

I have had an issue since first installing EQ2 that I'm hoping some of you smart people know a solution to.

In various locations in the game, certain graphics are corrupted, such as the Everquest II logo in the attached screenshot.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:35 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'm no expert but I would say the install just had a little "burp" or maybe a scratch on the CD or something like that? I would say try re-installing if you haven't already. If you have tried that... hmmm.... maybe you can send in your CD's and get new ones?
Unread 02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Nektulos

Actually, the patcher would take care of any scratched CD problems.

Are the graphics sometimes corrupted at random, or is it the same graphics in the same places always corrupted?

If it's random, make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

If it's the same graphics all the time, I would delete the Images folder in (gamefolder)UI\default and re-patch, or do a thorough file scan, or both. Might take a while depending on your connection speed.
Unread 02-21-2005, 07:44 PM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

The graphics that are corrupted are consistent - it is the Everquest II Logo on the Character Select and loading screens and the Dell logo on the advertisement screen.

Deleted the Everquest II/UI/Default/Images/ folder and let the patcher do its thing, then did a full scan and downloaded the latest driver for my video card, but the images are still corrupted. Any other suggestions?
Unread 02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Wierd. I would say do a full uninstall/re-install if your up to it... Though I would do that as a fallback plan.
Unread 02-21-2005, 09:20 PM
A Griffon

Server: Runnyeye

Sorry to say but your grafix card is history eg: its going to die .... I have seen this happen loads of times on systems I get to fix its only consistant with apps that use the most out of your card.

If this is a newish card you have and the drivers are correct and updated right, then there is 2 possible problems

1. Either you have old OEM drivers still on your system, and the latest ones eg: NVIDA chipset drivers that have a conflict with the old INI and .DLL files from the cards driver cd

2. Your monitor may not support the refresh rate needed to display grafix for you card correctly , For eg my card is 256mb fx5600 geforce and it only works properly at a screen refresh of 85 Hertz and over

See if you can borrow a diff card off a friend unistall th edrives for yours first and tell device manager that you want to remove it , shut down your system , install the diff card , restart install drivers for that card in then try...

If that dont work then ask your friend to bring his / her monitor also and plug that in, I am sure a combination of tril and error with doing this will identify what the problem is...

Like I say I have to do this a lot , Normaly its a dead grafix card, drivers being 2nd and then monitor beging 3rd on list

Hope this helps
Unread 02-21-2005, 09:46 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Beta 1

If your video card has a fan, it might have stopped working or if it just has a heat sink, then it may be covered with dust and crud.

So im thinking you are having heat issues.