EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 06-17-2011, 11:08 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Nagafen
Angry Exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection

I'm completely lost on this one. My sons computer used to work fine and updater as well. Apparantly he picked up some sort of bug and I have uninstalled and reinstalled etc... including the whole EQ2 game and I still get this message when I try to launch profit updater. ** Exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection*** its then followed by several other errors and suggestions about setting file paths but when I try to set file paths I still get the same errors and it doesnt seem to change anything at all. I'm about to put my fist through the screen !!!!!!!
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:26 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default I hate computers!!!

Basically, I understand that its the file path of the updater. It is currently blank when it should be filing to the everquest folder but for some reason it wont path to it when I use the settings, file path, choose option and try to path it to the correct folder. I have deleted and uninstalled the updater and re downloaded it and re installed yet it still will not path to the folder and has a blank path that I am unable to set.
Unread 06-18-2011, 10:13 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default never mind

After several hours I finally managed to get it all straightened out. i still hate computers though !!!!!
Unread 06-18-2011, 11:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Good to hear. Why not share what was wrong plus your solution in case someone else ever runs into the same issue?
Unread 06-20-2011, 04:30 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Great Idea!!!

The what was wrong part, I havent a clue. It worked fine for a couple months but I think he picked up something that knocked some of his computer files out of whack. My sons computer would pop up a bunch of error windows about file paths etc..... The first one being that "*exception thrown*" error. I even uninstalled and re-installed the updater several times and that would not correct it either. FINALLY I tried this..... After running the updater and clicking through the error blocks, open "settings" then go to the arrow in the drop down window that reads "updater", three choices pop out to the right, select "reset all settings". Close out the updater, rerun the updater, when/if you get the error blocks again, just close them out as you go and return to "settings" and then you should be able to set the "file path" to wherever your EQ2.exe folder is and it will run the updater once you select the file path.
I hope this is helpful, I tried to type this in n00b language since it's the only language I speak.

Last edited by Xzerius : 06-21-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Unread 06-21-2011, 02:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Sounds like the settings database got corrupted then.
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:03 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Similar problem but no solution

I am having a similar problem first I get "exception thrown while opening HSQLDB connection" and I followed his advice... took 3 or 4 attempts at uninstalling the ProftUI and then following his steps but eventually I no longer get that message. However, I keep getting "EverQuest2. exe not found" message. On another post found that I need to put in the path manually... which I did..

C:\ProgramData\SonyOnlineEntertainment\InstalledGames\EverQuest II

However the problem is the ProfitUI Reborn Autoupdater keeps going to my documents folder. I keep putting in the above path manually and push choose and it shows the path I chose. Underneath of it is Update URL which is http://updater.pala.de/profitui/ Underneath that is Start Application after Update which is blank. I am assuming that is fine.

At the bottom I click OK. But the it still cannot find the EverQuest2.exe and the updater has reset the path once again to my documents folder. I start the process over again and then after having chosen my path and clicking on the choose button on the bottom. It shows my path in the window but when I click on the choose button next to the path I have chosen it shows the path to my documents folder yet again. I am assuming that even though I am choosing the path.. it still wants to go to my documents folder.

Any ideas as to what I should do. I have Windows 7 ... dont think that should be an issue. This all worked fine before the Age of Discovery but now it wont.
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown

Nevermind figured out the problem.

I did a search for the EverQuest2.exe file and found it somewhere else... I did the path to it manually and it worked perfectly.

My ProfitUI is up and running!
Unread 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Glad to hear it.

Silat
Unread 12-09-2011, 05:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Xzerious: I agree with gm9. Sounds like a random glitch broke the settings file. Suggests that resetting to defaults is a good thing to try when high weirdness breaks out.

"It's 9pm. Do you know where your eq2.exe is?" Surprising how often it ends up not where you thought. :-)

-= Therendil =-