EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-19-2010, 10:34 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Not sure if this has been covered but here it is. We use to be able to bring up the Startbutton little square thing (well square to me cuz its how I laid it out) using Alt ~ but now it don't come up. Guess its called eq2 button or whatever.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:10 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

It does not work because like the inventory window the start button was removed (well integrated into the xp bar) that is why the start menu appears where it does now as well. You can reenable by setting the keybind in options..controls...window keys...game menu.

Silat

Last edited by TalTal : 08-19-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:14 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unkown

Just to let folks know , when it comes to thee implied target window and getting implied targeting to work, here is what I figured out today.
First you will probably have to show the window by doing alt or ctrl I, not sure which did it. But then it seems n their infinite stupidity SoE has made it so you HAVE to be grouped in order for implied targeting to work. Stupid, but when i grouped with someone my implied target finally was showing.

Maybe if enough folks complain they will put implied targeting back to the way it was.

McCloud68
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistleknot View Post
Also,Does anyone know if theres an easy way I can change the dressing room and the red-background pop-ups (like when you mouse over a mailbox), to be blue background to match the UI?
They're new graphic elements that didn't exist in the old DDS files. Rothgar mentioned that they were going to be adding some, and that UI mods that supplied their own graphics might need to add new elements to match. I think what happens is that if it's a new element added to an existing DDS file then it'll fail to show at all if the UI has it's own version of that DDS file, elements in newly-created DDS files appear in the default red scheme until the UI mod adds it's own version of that new file.
Unread 08-19-2010, 12:39 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCloud68 View Post
Just to let folks know , when it comes to thee implied target window and getting implied targeting to work, here is what I figured out today.
First you will probably have to show the window by doing alt or ctrl I, not sure which did it. But then it seems n their infinite stupidity SoE has made it so you HAVE to be grouped in order for implied targeting to work. Stupid, but when i grouped with someone my implied target finally was showing.

Maybe if enough folks complain they will put implied targeting back to the way it was.

McCloud68
That is the expected behavior on the PvP servers. It sounds like they standardized it across all servers or that they accidentally swapped the code.
I play on naggy so I did not realize what we were talking about before lol.

Silat
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Innothule

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
They're new graphic elements that didn't exist in the old DDS files. Rothgar mentioned that they were going to be adding some, and that UI mods that supplied their own graphics might need to add new elements to match. I think what happens is that if it's a new element added to an existing DDS file then it'll fail to show at all if the UI has it's own version of that DDS file, elements in newly-created DDS files appear in the default red scheme until the UI mod adds it's own version of that new file.
Since they made a blue and red version of all the default UI windows would drag and dropping the blue ones into the profit UI folder work?

Also a big thanks to all of you that keep profit up and running.
Unread 08-19-2010, 02:51 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalTal View Post
That is the expected behavior on the PvP servers. It sounds like they standardized it across all servers or that they accidentally swapped the code.
I play on naggy so I did not realize what we were talking about before lol.

Silat
I saw a post from a red name in the forums indicating they had a lot of code-merge problems with this GU. A lot of things they fixed on Test didn't go into the live release, and I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few things went into the live release that weren't supposed to. This may be one of the glitches.

No, this sort of thing isn't that uncommon. Usually it happens when there's a lot of last-minute changes to requirements and a lot of "Ok, we're taking X out. No, put X back in. No no no, take X out and put Y in instead." going on. Get enough of that, and enough different people merging and reverting changes, and it turns into less a version tree and more a version bramble patch.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default Mini Map Issue

I have used the updater to install Profit and all was good, except, I keep getting the Default Mini Map window. Not the nice clean one Profit had Pre-Update. Was wondering what I'm doing wrong here, and if it's EQ2Map thing. If it is the latter...is there a fix? Thanx for any all help and responses given. ~Xant~
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:38 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Guk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetiny View Post
I have used the updater to install Profit and all was good, except, I keep getting the Default Mini Map window. Not the nice clean one Profit had Pre-Update. Was wondering what I'm doing wrong here, and if it's EQ2Map thing. If it is the latter...is there a fix? Thanx for any all help and responses given. ~Xant~
If you reinstall Profit, you have to run the EQ2Maps updater before EQ2Maps will work. EQ2 Maps must always be installed after any UI, so it can add itself to the proper .ini file. The updater will fix it, so you shouldn't have to reinstall.
Unread 08-19-2010, 05:45 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Default Thanksya!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSam View Post
If you reinstall Profit, you have to run the EQ2Maps updater before EQ2Maps will work. EQ2 Maps must always be installed after any UI, so it can add itself to the proper .ini file. The updater will fix it, so you shouldn't have to reinstall.
Thanksya so much for the info. Would be lost without that nice little map...literally.
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:31 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

If im just blind ignore me

Could we get both spell reuse and ability reuse time added to the persona window?
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:32 PM
A Berserk Golem

And while im at it...

In shader 3, the dressing room and the Persona image doll is just ... horribly dim/dark with the red background..

Is this like that for everyone ?
Unread 08-19-2010, 06:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuneWarrior View Post
If im just blind ignore me

Could we get both spell reuse and ability reuse time added to the persona window?
They are both on there already under the combat stats tab.

Silat
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
They are both on there already under the combat stats tab.

Silat
Right you are.. found it and was on my way back to do a NM post :P ...

You got any chance to check the red/maroon Dressing room window? looks very badly on my system/settings (Shader 3 enabled etc)
Unread 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

As far as I can determine the paperdoll background is set server side. If I find out otherwise I will change it to blue.

Silat
Unread 08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Do not know if this has already been addressed but every time I move the start button then log out and come back in it is just gone...poof. Anyone know how to fix it?
Unread 08-20-2010, 02:10 AM
A Griffon

Looks like the tradeskill window is missing 1 button from the reactions bar.

Screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000002.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	7378  
Unread 08-20-2010, 05:47 AM
A Griffon

Server: Splitpaw

Is it possible to revert back to the mini map of eq2maps before it changed to the default as its yuk with the night/day thing stuck on it and allso it is waisting to much space around it.Ive noticed there is one for Fetish will this work for Profit?
Actually have fixed it the only 2 files that changed the skin were:-

Skinnable_Windowelements.xml
Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml

If you just make theses read only it will just update the poi's ect and not the skin.Theses are found in yur EQ2Map2 folder in profit UI folder
My GF takes the credit on this as I was prity annoyed with the change lol

Last edited by Ixoa : 08-20-2010 at 06:08 AM.
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:16 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papabard View Post
Looks like the tradeskill window is missing 1 button from the reactions bar.

Screenshot attached.
Checked mine and asked few others who us profit they have all buttons for crafting maybe your file is Broken?
Unread 08-20-2010, 06:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Nothing can be done about the snap behavior of the xp bar. I positioned mine 1px down from the top and it stops the snap.
Just rename the window from Experience to something else (e.g. ExperienceX) to break it out of the hard coded behaviour?
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixoa View Post
Is it possible to revert back to the mini map of eq2maps before it changed to the default as its yuk with the night/day thing stuck on it and allso it is waisting to much space around it.Ive noticed there is one for Fetish will this work for Profit?
Actually have fixed it the only 2 files that changed the skin were:-

Skinnable_Windowelements.xml
Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml

If you just make theses read only it will just update the poi's ect and not the skin.Theses are found in yur EQ2Map2 folder in profit UI folder
My GF takes the credit on this as I was prity annoyed with the change lol
Every thing is live like default now:/ In regards to your files to make read only; you only need to block _Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml. I would suggest blocking them via the eq2map_ignorelist.xml file vs making the read only.
Unread 08-20-2010, 07:54 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Talking

HMMM okay I just noticed something that was not there before and it is a bit strange and I was just wondering if everyone has it or what it is. When I camp to just the character select screen on the bottom I have a tiny itty pitty baby dragon and it says something about loading (but not loading entities). What is this for and hmmm why? Also I still have my question in post 91 if anyone has an answer for it.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:35 AM
A Griffon
Featured

That dragon is for the streaming client. Not sure why you are seeing it if you are not using the streaming client.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:45 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Every thing is live like default now:/ In regards to your files to make read only; you only need to block _Skinnable_WindowelementsMini.xml. I would suggest blocking them via the eq2map_ignorelist.xml file vs making the read only.
Dont have eq2map_ignorelist.xml anywhere on my PC is it a profit thing? as my GF who uses fetish has it.
Unread 08-20-2010, 08:49 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAriel View Post
Do not know if this has already been addressed but every time I move the start button then log out and come back in it is just gone...poof. Anyone know how to fix it?
I am not experiencing this issue. But try this file and see if it fixes it.

Silat
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_startbutton.xml (6.7 KB, 276 views)