Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laan
So something like an "aggro-meter" would be illigal ?
Well, first thing is aggro numbers aren't reported anywhere, and so are very tough to program. Hate isn't 1:1 (if thats what you mean).

To the OP: You can't have a program running that modifies the game in any way. ACT (and other parsers) are OK because they're only reading the log and ACT either sends it to a HTML file (which you can open with the game) or just makes your clipboard be the data so you can paste it in. It is no way enters data into the game. And to have a UI like that, you'd have to inject data, which is against the EULA.
Unread 11-08-2006, 12:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Aggro numbers are impossible to show in the interface, because we do not have that data available, as lordebon said. To make them available via an external parser is impossible since we do not know the formula how aggro is calculated - it is influenced by many things including your positioning, which a parser does not see (although ACT makes a cute simulation of the latter). And I do not know if all mobs that mem-wipe produce a log message to that extent.
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
And I do not know if all mobs that mem-wipe produce a log message to that extent.
They don't. Some do, some do it with an AE, some just do it (and wear nike shoes).

Some wipe just the target (usually the MT) aggro. Some wipe the whole raid aggro.

Absolutely no way of knowing it.

And don't forget, a parser also has no way of knowing about Amends and hate transfers unless you'd put it in manually... which would be a PitA. And then if that person dies, your parser would have to pick up on that and negate the hate xfer or whatever.

Neither easy nor 'legal' to have it shown in-game.
Unread 02-21-2007, 04:42 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Hate Track

Was wondering if there was a program that would overlay into eq2 that could track hate (or threat) so that dps or tanks could see how they are standing in a fight.... would help them to know if they need to detaunt or taunt.
Unread 02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by merse24
Was wondering if there was a program that would overlay into eq2 that could track hate (or threat) so that dps or tanks could see how they are standing in a fight.... would help them to know if they need to detaunt or taunt.
I dont think so ... ACT is about as clost to that as you're going to get I think.
Unread 02-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Not possible at all.

Not even possible to have a 'hate parser' -- the fact of the matter is not everything makes hate at the same ratio, and nowhere is hate accrued displayed or accessable in-game -- its purely server-side.
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:35 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

what Lordebon said, see also here for a longer discussion on the same issue.
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default Canīt Find It, need it badly. HELP!

At first i want to apologise my bad english.

Now straight to the point. Iīm Searching for a Program that allow me and my party to how much the aggro is an how much each party member has. I know this useful program from WoW and since i chanced to EQ2 i miss this. Someone able to help me?

Thanks a lot for that, what you may do for me.
Unread 11-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin

If your talking about an addon, the addon/interface system in EQ2 is a lot different and you can not do such things yet.

If you are talking about a 3rd party program running in the background that would be against the EULA and such things aren't talked about here.
Unread 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Well, a 3rd party program that ran in the background would be fine so long as it only read the log, and not the actual game. Combat parsers read the log, but the equations for aggro or hate are not known at this time, and so it's impossible to track. Knowing how to keep aggro is part of being a good tank, and knowing how not to grab aggro is part of being a DPS in EQ2.

Sorry, but the first thing you're going to have to get used to is that here, there are a lot of limitations in what you can and cannot do. EQ2 is not "open" like WoW.
Unread 01-07-2008, 04:15 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default I hear you Voldor...I do the same thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volder View Post
Hey guys. I understand what you are saying and to those of you who think i dont know how to play my toon at end game, I just wanted to politely clarify that I do. I understand the whole hate management and thought that it would just be helpful that if someone might be able to answer my question about this. As for those of you who say it is impossible, nobody knows if it is possible or not but SOE. I certainly havent seen the game code for this game and I know a lot of you out there have not. Maybe if we got on their case about this, the people who actually do things like make the game worse in some aspects of change like when they get rid of beneficial buffs and stuff perhaps do some good deeds instead of bad. It is just a question that I posed and was interested in the resonses I got. However I am going to try to post numerous entries in forums and such on SOE's sites to try and see if it can infact get done and if so can they do it.

I guess this is way late in the game from your original post, but I don't see why we can't have a hate/aggro meter, when World of Warcraft has one. Their's is called Omen Hate Meter.

Being that our spells have numbers associated with it like Blip (decrease hate by 2000 or so), I don't see why we can't get this data on a calculator, ya know?

It would be a great tool for casters to have. As an 80 wizard, it isn't like I try to pull agro, but I'm speced and gear so, I crit hit for over 50 percent of my spells, my dps is out the ying yang, and I do my job...damage. I have an 80 wizard on Vox named Dalimar. There are a few tanks that I can tank with in raids that I know I will never pull agro from, and the new Pally 80 spell is great for them to maintain agro, but with normal make shift groups that happen to gather for a raid or instance, I will definitely pull agro, and I know it...

Would be nice if I could have a visual on aggro so I can try to cycle my spells another way to ensure I don't get aggro, but I guess still at this moment, there isn't a counter out there for EQ2.

Good idea though...WoW has it, why can't we?
Mannheim, Germany
[email protected]
Unread 01-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

The argument "WoW has it why can't EQ2" doesn't work -- they're different games. WoW is a LOT more open in their interface and what information they provide.

WoW may give hate information, but the game does not. In theory you could try and calculate hate (and even possibly display it in-game I suppose, in some kind of an overlay) but I believe taunts are not just "increases hate by x" and they can be resisted and such, meaning that as time goes on your calculation would get worse and worse.

Also, some sources of hate don't go 1:1. For example, heals on others are not (I believe) 1:1 with damage.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Oasis

Not to mention spells that are not attributed to the person that triggers (spineskin, various reactives) and spells with non-numeric effects(mezz/stun/stifle/daze/etc) which, as an illy I can tell you, generate a fair bit of hate

Yes it would be sweet, but SoE would have to choose to share the data with us like WoW does, but for now they don't.

Last edited by ObsidianDragon : 01-07-2008 at 07:11 PM. Reason: speeling
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Man this would be a dream come true if sony would share the info... I don't agree with the learn your class response because as a tank i know that i taunt my butt off.. but sometimes on raids we get a picked up caster or scout type that is not use to my tanking style.. or in pick up groups. it's true that usually I can tell who stole it because they tend to die first. This would also help so that I am able to tell when i have enough taunt in to maybe consentrate a little harder on DPS. So please give the wizzy a break. Everyone would epect their tank to have one if there was one and you know it.
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:38 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Kithicor

Yes I agree, I play as a raid MT. I dont have much problem with keeping my guys alive. But the new complex area of the new level 80 spells is hard to determine what is going on sometimes. THe poor pally uses his holy ground and goes splat sometimes. Though there are times when i have enough hate up and his holy ground barely works just kind of like a ping pong situation with me and him. So he stands on me and we dela with it. Was defiantly a wake up call to the healers who never had to heal the OT cause he never took aggro off of me but hey If I have to work whay dont they I guess.

But, on the other note if there was a way like a ACT parse to figure out who was on top of the hate list or getting close to taking aggro that would be great in my opinion. Cause it just seems that they only time I lose aggro is 2 seconds before i big raid wiping AE goes off.

I have DPS classes that hit 5K on the parse on a regular basis and i dont need to worry about losing aggro, even a life burn doesent really matter much anymore. Just those times when I drop from the infamous RoK 23K hits and the OT picks it up, would be nice to know how hard and who I have to fight to get the control of aggro back so i can tell that particular person to chill out for a min.

Just my thoughts. I dont design computer systems. I merely Build the structures that have the roof to keep them dry in the real world.

Thank you for your time.
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Well it's still not possible at this time.

/feedback
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Butcherblock
Lightbulb Threat/Hate/Agro Bar

Is there a UI mod that adds a threat/hate/agro bars to the player, group and raid windows
Unread 09-26-2008, 04:48 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yes, for WoW I think. (in other words: no)
Unread 09-26-2008, 07:05 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Think anyone will make one for EQII?
Unread 09-26-2008, 09:06 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default No

It currently is impossible to detect how much hate you currently have both in-game, and to UI modders. Also, each mob would have their own hate with each player and with adds, it wouldn't be very useful anyways.
Unread 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

well I guess you'll need to figure out how to make it work than...

lol jk
Unread 11-10-2008, 03:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Trying something new, consolidating the million threads on the same issue and stickying them. Some common curtesy people, use forum search.
Unread 01-09-2009, 07:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Threat Meter

From test notes:
"Threat output and hate position changes will now be displayed to the chat windows. You can find it under Combat in the Hate Adjustment category."
Not fully understanding the changes yet looks like it is a step towards being able to add this feature in. Good luck all and thank you for your hard work.

So back on the wish list for 2009 a request for threat position ie hate meter.
Unread 01-09-2009, 07:37 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

They coded one as well in this update log into test and check it out!
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:00 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Lol I knew I should have closed this thread before GU51 hit Test. The default UI will have a hate meter (showing your hate in relation to the person on top of the hate list). So no need to request one.

Rothgar is still working on the default threat window btw, he told me some crazy stuff about adding an animated background and using the new int() function. Sounded like he was having fun.

Regarding the "hate position changes" I haven't seen any of those go into chat so far and from my discussion with Rothgar I don't think they are supposed to (we didn't talk about this point in particular though, I actually only read that afterwards). Or probably it refers only to spells that move you a defined amount of steps up or down the hate list.