EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-08-2008, 09:24 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default The login window

I loved being able to configure my daughters characters for the login and shutdown windows since she is younger it made it easy for her. She is on a new computer now and since the switch she now has to login.
I saw this note when I configured it before so I think this is probably the problem:
NOTE: The login window only works if you start the game via everquest2.exe (and not the patcher). Same goes for account switching.

What do I do to make the game start via everquest2.exe so it will let her use the configuration for her characters for the Login and Shutdown windows?

Please make it SIMPLE and STEP by STEP for me so I am able to do this as I am not as literate as many in the computer world. Thanks
Unread 12-08-2008, 10:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I amended the FAQ as follows:
  • The login window only works if you start the game via everquest2.exe (and not the patcher) in your Everquest 2 folder. Same goes for account switching.
  • An easy way to start the game via everquest2.exe is the following: Find your EQ2 icon on your desktop, make a copy thereof (e.g. by selecting the icon, pressing the Ctrl-C key combination and the Ctrl-V combo), right click the copy, select properties and change the text in the Target: textbox from ending in EQ2.exe" to end in EverQuest2.exe". Change only that part, keep the rest of the text in the box the same. Then click ok.
  • You can now start the game via your new icon (best rename it appropriately so you recognize it) and make use of the login menu. The other advantage is that you save a lot of time by not loading the launchpad first.
  • If the game won't start because of a version mismatch then run your the launchpad via your old EQ2 icon to update the game.
Hope that's easy enough to follow.
Unread 12-31-2008, 08:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Toxxulia
Default Sidebar question concerning this as well...

So am I to understand that you must run the EverQuest2.exe file in order for the character switching to work properly?

I have always just opened the EQ2 Map Updater and let it run from there, and would change toons fine. I just checked what file the EQ2 Map Updater was loading to load EQ2, and noticed it was the EQ2.exe file.

I was having many issues with "every now and then" I would get a run time error when switching from one toon to another.

I changed the EQ2 Map Updater to launch the EverQuest2.exe file from this point forward. I do hope this fixes the issue when switching toons. I switch often, so I would say this happens to me, on average, about 6 times a day. I would then have to rerun EQ2 to get back into the game.

Would this change/fix also fix that issue? Is this the logon issues that others were having when switching toons (getting a run time error and game crashing)?
Mannheim, Germany
[email protected]
Unread 12-31-2008, 05:11 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

No, the launcher is eq2.exe (which has the everquest 2 launcher) and it has the updater. You could bypass the updater and simply launch everquest2.exe directly (which, via profit, you can store your username and password for easier launching).

wow after reading that, it seems a lot more complicated that it really is... let me try again...

eq2.exe is the updater and launcher. everquest2.exe is simply the launcher. Through profit, you can configure a file to store your username, password, character, and server for easier launching and use everquest2.exe (but it will not update/patch everquest in this fashion).

I think that makes more sense

its been a long day at work before a holiday...

Happy New Year All!