Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Arrow ProfitUI 3.4.6

I put out a new release that should squash all of the glaring bugs in 3.4.5. While I had said that 3.4.5 might not work I did not think so much was incomplete, so sorry for that. This one should be stable, but I'm designating it as beta just in case. Stick with 3.4.1 and wait for version 3.5 if in doubt.

Last edited by gm9 : 08-08-2007 at 03:02 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 08-08-2007, 02:22 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

It fixed the clicky cures and target window effects. Haven't tried the raid window yet. That just uses standard macros, right?
Unread 08-08-2007, 03:16 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, you can put just any macro in there, I thought that would be the most flexible way to do it. It uses standard macros with a few exceptions:
  • You do not need a leading "/"
  • In XML you need to replace & by & and ' by '
  • You can designate your target, e.g. for using a useabilityonplayer macro, with the string "Parent.Target". So, for example, the XML could read:
    Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Ruinous Heart
    to cast a Necro heart.

• For multiple commands just make a new line, e.g.
    Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Ruinous Heart
    tell Parent.Target I gave you my heart
    to cast a Necro heart and tell the recipient about it (if the latter does not work enclose the tell text like this: "I gave you my heart&quots;, I'm actually not quite sure off the top of my head if that's needed for that command).

• Edit the Tooltip="..." to identify your macro in game with a tooltip.
I have probably missed something in that explanation, let me know if you encounter difficulties.

UPDATE: Apparently Windows Notepad can break the file if you use it for editing. A great free open-source editor that works flawlessly and that I highly recommend can be downloaded here: Notepad++

Last edited by gm9 : 09-12-2007 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default Grp window click to cure

I must be doing something wrong here but when I try to use the grp window click to cure it does not use a potion?
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Which potions do you have? The defaults are most likely the top level mastercrafted potions. The file that has all the codes is _ProfitUI_Cures.txt so you would need to change those potionvdl numbers.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="Cures">
<Data Name="CureTrauma" potionvdl="-292985664" spell="Cure Trauma"/>
<Data Name="CureArcane" potionvdl="-1940923547" spell="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="CureNoxious" potionvdl="544446557" spell="Cure Noxious"/>
<Data Name="CureElemental" potionvdl="528994112" spell="Cure Elemental"/>
</Page>
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What Othesus said, preset potions are T7 mastercrafted. I'll have to add a FAQ item on those, in the meantime look at this post on how to get the number you need for other cures.
Unread 08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

which file is it you edit to change the click to cure buttons, I'm pretty sure I understand how to do it, I'm just not sure which file to edit.
Unread 08-08-2007, 09:36 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

The file that has all the codes is _ProfitUI_Cures.txt so you would need to change those potionvdl numbers.
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Innothule

Seems great.

Eagerly awaiting 3.5

I tend to use the horizontal group window and even tried editing it for the cures to be similar to the vertical one but screwed something up in the process.
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:56 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The default (vertical) is currently the only one with click-to-cure code using potions or that config file mentioned above, v3.5 will have it in all of them.
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:59 AM
Snoogans!
Premium Member

Server: Befallen
Smile Yay!

So I think probably THE most important fix (imho) is NPCs that start as social and turn aggro now seem to update in the target window. (For an idea of the bug I was referring to, go here.)

TY TY TY TY

Can you tell how glad I am to see that fixed?
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As you can see in the thread you linked, your thanks for that should go to Othesus, he sat down and figured it out (mostly, it still does not work in some circumstances but for all relevant purposes it should now be fine). Thanks Othesus!
Unread 08-09-2007, 02:09 PM
A Griffon

Server: Najena

The cure buttons in the grp window are still targeting the player you're trying to cure instead of just curing without losing your target like before. Not sure if that was supposed to be fixed in this build or not.
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:19 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As I said in another thread, that's a bug that will be fixed.
Unread 08-10-2007, 10:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Hotkey Window

Well, I took your suggestion about double checking my install. I then noticed that a new version was created (this one). I removed my old ui settings from the EQ2 folder and installed this. Everything was going smoothly until I tried to create Secondary and Tertiary hotkey windows. No where I click do I get the option to create these. I only see Hotkey Settings, Window Settings, Lock Window.

I thought about playing with the Window settings to see if something might change. Even when I select ~View~ Frame and Titlebar, nothing has changed.

Your help in this matter is most appreciated because I just don't think I could possibly fight with only hotkey window.

Thank you.

p.s.
I did try to right-click on the lefthand side of the hotkey window where the up arrow, number, and down arrow are.

p.s.s.
Tada!!! Well, I figured out the problem. One thing I failed to mention was that I lengthened out the hotkey so that all the buttons were on the same line. This is the source of the problem. I moved it back something close to the original and ~voila!~, I have secondary and tertiary hotkeys. If anyone encounters this problem, please look to the man with the embarrassed, red cheeks <points to self>.

Last edited by ProfessorE : 08-10-2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:21 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Chat window bug

I'm unable to enter the chat window with v3.4.6 beta. Tried setting the option keys with no luck.

Tried deleting all the ini files, keyboard too. Now going back to release version 3.4.1

Anyone seen that Cure mod for the standard UI?

Update: Ok I noticed that as long as I used my old ini files I have the chat problem with either 3.4.6 or 3.4.1. Just going to have to lay things back out again from start. Not sure which one is the culpret.

Cass

Last edited by Cassidine : 08-11-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ProfessorE, you have to right-click left of the hotkeys (where the bank selectors/spinners are). That works even with a hotkey bar as a single line. See the FAQ for hotkey options.

Cassidine, the chat window was not changed in 3.4.6. Chat entry only needs to be enabled manually if you upgrade from a version earlier than ProfitUI 3.2 and you keep your old uisettings. Just toggle frame & titlebar settings to frame only and back to none once for that. That's also explained in the FAQ.
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Arrow Newer to use ProfitUI

Heya guys,im new to use ProfitUI ,can u tell me how to set it up?
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:36 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

please see the FAQ
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:49 AM
A Brown Bear

Click to cure didn't worked at all yesterday for my warden with the new version

Btw.: i use the file from _eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers horizontal.zip

After looking into the XMLs i found the following, if i look for example at Cure noxious,
in the horizontal-version :

<Button LocalTooltip="Cure Noxious" Location="38,0" MouseOverTextColor="#FF0000" Name="CureEffect3" NormalTextColor="#FFFFFF"
OnPress="target_allow_pet_self_toggle 0 target_self useability Cure Noxious target_previous target_allow_pet_self_toggle 1"
Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/Profit.invisible" Tooltip="Cure Noxious" />

And thats in the vertical-version:
<Button LocalTooltip="Cure Noxious" Location="38,0" MouseOverTextColor="#FF0000" Name="CureEffect3" NormalTextColor="#FFFFFF"
OnPress="useabilityonplayer Parent.Parent.Name.LocalText Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.Cures.CureNoxious.Spell
use_itemvdl Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.MainHUD.Cures.CureNoxious.PotionVDL"

Opacity="0.000" ScrollExtent="18,18" Size="18,18" Style="/Profit.invisible" Tooltip="Cure Noxious"/>

[edit]
Hmm.. after now looking at it at home, i noticed that the file in the zip seems to be exactly the same then the one i used before.
Date is 29.04.2007. Strange however that this one worked before but doesn't work anymore since habe 3.4.6
[/edit]

Last edited by Beldin : 08-14-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Closed Thread